HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Thread: World Cup 2022

Tokens
    Habbo
    RichBoiSam

Latest Awards:

Default World Cup 2022

It's nearly time for the FIFA World Cup 2022! It feels very weird being hosted in the autumn/winter however it would be a nice Christmas gift if the men can also bring football home!

Let's leave the politics out of the discussion, we can all criticise FIFA and Qatar in a seperate thread I'm sure. For now, let's discuss the tournament itself, let us know your predictions!
    PoorBoiSam

"If you don't put me in here now, I'm offended" - Connor (Ozad) 16:34 10/05/2020

Supporting the best club in the Midlands, Aston Villa

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Ridiculousness of this tournament aside, let's hope for some good football!

Brazil probably ought to win it on paper even though they for some reason think Fred is worth taking, but France are also looking decent, goalkeepers aside.
    No idea why Argentina are so high in the odds, Messi isn't an entire team and everyone else they have is a mid-table player. A few of the classically good teams like Germany Spain and Portugal seem to have much weaker squads than usual now that a lot of the superstars are getting older so that could be interesting, might be some big upsets in the works. So weird that Italy aren't there but also hilarious
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens
    Habbo
    RichBoiSam

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingJesus View Post
    Ridiculousness of this tournament aside, let's hope for some good football!

Brazil probably ought to win it on paper even though they for some reason think Fred is worth taking, but France are also looking decent, goalkeepers aside.
    No idea why Argentina are so high in the odds, Messi isn't an entire team and everyone else they have is a mid-table player. A few of the classically good teams like Germany Spain and Portugal seem to have much weaker squads than usual now that a lot of the superstars are getting older so that could be interesting, might be some big upsets in the works. So weird that Italy aren't there but also hilarious
    Brazil, although have won the most titles in the history of the World Cup, are one of those countries where they have one of the most talented teams who should wipe the floor but for some reason always fail to win or get very far in the tournament. At least in recent times anyway. I'm not sure if that's because they're tactically weak or just have some bad luck but I remember drawing them in a work sweepstake in the 2018 World Cup with very high hopes and then being left disappointed!

I agree that most European countries have become a lot weaker, either unlucky from injuries or as you mentioned, stars getting older. I have a feeling it will still be a European team to win it, I'm just not sure as to which one.

I'm not too confident in England, we have some very talented players but a tactically weak manager who prefers favourites over form. Loads of people use the argument that he's achieved a lot in the Euros however if you look at Italy, they didn't even qualify for the WC yet beat us in the EC final and we failed to beat them again this year which ended in a bore draw.

I have a feeling France will win it again or end up in the top three.
    PoorBoiSam

"If you don't put me in here now, I'm offended" - Connor (Ozad) 16:34 10/05/2020

Tokens
    Habbo
    LUCPIX!

Latest Awards:

Not to say I'm an expert on the subject, and I caught a little flu, but... I think that Brazil has been a little too much taking for granted its status as the top Fifa WC winner, hence its ugly recent performances and permanent condition as a promise, but still retaining a weird unjustified attitude as the coolest and most talented team, even though all of the team's actual milestones were conquered by efforts of much previous generations of players lolol. Neymar has been crowned as the country's Messiah since like 2014 and it comes to me as though he's using it for his own benefit$ and that's all;

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Neymar seems like Brazil's Balotelli, very gifted but a thorough bell
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens
    Habbo
    RichBoiSam

Latest Awards:

Yeah I'm not a fan of Neymar, too full of himself. A bit like Ronaldo though, who just sulks most of the time.
    PoorBoiSam

someboyrafa is offline Help Desk Senior Staff
    Guest Events Organiser

Tokens
    Habbo
    Soosan

Latest Awards:

eddie howes filthy rich mags being 3rd > pointless winter world cup

Default Katar und die Russen

Wer gewinnen wird? Die beste Mannschaft. Bravo FIFA