HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 44 1234511 ... LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Default The Ashes Tour, 2009.

So with the announcement of the initial 13 man squad of England for the first test in cardiff of:

Strauss
    Cook
    Bopara
    Pietersen
    Collingwood
    Prior
    Flintoff
    Broad
    Swann
    Anderson

and in the hunt for the final place is
    Bell
    Onions
    Panesar.

For me i would go with Onions as even the Swalec stadium just spins i reckon the extra seemer would be the better option.

Who do you reckon is going to win the ashes and the scoreline?

For me im going to say 3 - 1 to England

Thread temporarily stuck by :Mobile (Forum Moderator): With permission of the Assistant Forum Manager.

Thread closed by invincible (Forum Moderator) for a 'cool down' period to prevent further arguing. It will be reopened before play resumes tomorrow.

Edited by Catzsy [Forum Super Moderator]: Because of recent arguments the thread is closed until Wednesday the 12th August at 10.00am for a cooling off period.

Thread reopened by iAdam (Forum Moderator); With instruction by Catzsy.

Edited by Catzsy [Forum Super Moderator]: Thread closed due to constant arguments.
    Last edited by Catzsy; 28-08-2009 at 09:37 AM.
    Do you ever feel like you want to go home?
    Lost in the crowd and you feel alone

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Why Harmison hasn't been included is a mystery. I know the pitch might be spin-friendly but he tore through their team for the Lions.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I hope England can do it, but the Australians are always a strong side.
    I love it when you
    flex like that

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I'm really looking forward to the ashes, I think it will be a hard competition, difficult to call the scoreline but I think England will win.
    "You live more riding bikes like these for 5 minutes than most people do in their entire lives"

RIP Marco Simoncelli ~ 1987 - 2011
    Previous Habbox Roles: Shows Manager, Help Desk Manager, Forum Moderator, Forum Super Moderator, Assistant Forum Manager, Forum Manager, Assistant General Manager (Staff), General Manager.

Retired from Habbox May 2011

Tokens

Latest Awards:

great news with lee out. i was worried about him and his reverse swing. would you play 2 spinners in first test or go for extra seemer?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Andeeh View Post
    great news with lee out. i was worried about him and his reverse swing. would you play 2 spinners in first test or go for extra seemer?
    Cardiff is a spin-friendly pitch which also baffles me why Glamorgan play one spinner, but anyway. Gotta go for the two spinners. Surprised to see that Adil Rashid isn't one of the spinners and, as I said, Steve Harmison should be there. They'll bring in Hilfenhaus to replace Lee.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

yea i think it would be a risky but right bet to go with two spinners. i think that rashid is too young as he is only 20 years of age and i think he should develop his action with mushyy and then he might be featured in several years. I agree with harmisson 6 wickets in warm up game. he was destructive but i do feel he may play at lords where the pitch is more bouncy perfect to knock the heads off the aussies

Tokens

Quote Originally Posted by Geraint View Post
    Why Harmison hasn't been included is a mystery. I know the pitch might be spin-friendly but he tore through their team for the Lions.
    I would never, ever include him in an England squad ever again. Why?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7Y6T44tzIc

3rd slip.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Janczyk View Post
    I would never, ever include him in an England squad ever again. Why?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7Y6T44tzIc

3rd slip.
    Flintoff said he feared when he faced Harmison when Lancashire played Durham. Harmison did well against Australia for the England Lions and that would make some of the batsmen rather scared. I was watching SSN earlier and they were talking to an Aussie news guy and he said he and most of Australia were happy to see Harmison not included as they feared him.

Tokens

I hope England win but Australia still have a good team.

Players who I expect to step up to the challenge are Bopara and KP especially on the batting front.

I hope Onions is also selected as his performance against the Windies suggested he's got a solid bowling game. Dont know if hes a spin bowler though?
    something.

Page 1 of 44 1234511 ... LastLast