HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Default Moto2 rider Shoya Tomizawa dies after San Marino crash

Moto2 rider Shoya Tomizawa has died after a crash at the San Marino Grand Prix on Sunday.
    The 19-year-old, from Japan, came off his Technomag-CIP bike when under pressure from Italy's Alex de Angelis.
    Neither De Angelis nor British rider Scott Redding were able to avoid hitting Tomizawa, who was propelled off the track into the gravel.
    Tomizawa was treated at the circuit and then taken to the Riccione Hospital on the Adriatic coast where he died.
    He had completed 15 laps of the Misano circuit before the accident, which happened in dry conditions.
    A statement on the MotoGP website said Tomizawa sustained fatal cranial, thoracic and abdominal injuries.
    606: DEBATE
    He was an exceptional talent, and his exciting riding style will be a sad loss to the racing world

jimmv38

It added: "Everybody involved in MotoGP extends its deepest condolences to Shoya's family and friends at this tragic loss."
    Dani Pedrosa, who won the MotoGP race held after Tomizawa's, told BBC Sport: "I have a big hole here, everything is empty. I feel so strange."
    And MotoGP champion Valentino Rossi stated he had seen the "terrifying" crash on television.
    "I understand from the first moment it was bad," said the Italian. "But then you have to try to concentrate in the race. When it happens like this, all the rest is nothing."
    Tomizawa's death follows that of 13-year-old Peter Lenz in a warm-up event ahead of the Indianapolis MotoGP on 29 August. He also crashed and was hit by another rider.

Click to plaMotoGP drivers sombre after tragic day

Prior to this weekend, Japan's Daijiro Kato was the last MotoGP rider to die after an accident. He crashed during the first race of the 2003 season at Suzuka and died following two weeks in a coma.
    Tomizawa was in only his second season in the MotoGP world championships and had won the Moto2 Qatar Grand Prix, which opened the new season. He had been in seventh position in the overall standings.
    Redding was taken to hospital after Sunday's crash but is not thought to be seriously injured. The race was won by Toni Elias of Spain.
    Moto2 is the new name for the 250cc racing category between MotoGP and 125cc.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...es/8970385.stm

Such a promising young man, won the first race of the year and probaly a future world champion, R.I.P

Thread moved by Nicola (Forum Super Moderator): From "Tabloids and Entertainment News".
    Last edited by Nicola; 05-09-2010 at 05:06 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I was watching live when it happened, don't really know what to say, I have watched motorcycle racing for as long as I can remember and I have never seen a crash quite as bad as this, including other fatal crashes.

Shoya was a delightful young man of only 19, his racing was elegant and extremely exciting, at only 19 he had many years ahead and would have had a promising future.

He will go down in history as the first ever Moto2 Race Winner and that's the best way to remember this guy. I'm deeply saddened by the events of today, it has shaken me quite severely, especially after seeing it live on TV.

I shall echo the comments of the majority of the premier class MotoGP riders, the racing means nothing today.
    "You live more riding bikes like these for 5 minutes than most people do in their entire lives"

RIP Marco Simoncelli ~ 1987 - 2011
    Previous Habbox Roles: Shows Manager, Help Desk Manager, Forum Moderator, Forum Super Moderator, Assistant Forum Manager, Forum Manager, Assistant General Manager (Staff), General Manager.

Retired from Habbox May 2011

Tokens
    Habbo
    Nickiest.

Latest Awards:

I was watching the clip before and I had to watch it so many times because it was truly unbelieveable - I was pretty much stuck for words.

It's such a horrible thing and especially at such a young age too. You can tell it hit everyone pretty hard.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

It was horrible to watch, I think as soon as it occurred the majority of people knew the outcome wasn't going to be good. A sad day and a great loss, he was always going to achieve great things in the next few years.

Tokens
    Habbo
    cjw93

Latest Awards:

I don't follow bike but it was a shocking crash
    Used to be GraysAthChaz

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I normally watch this but I haven't done so today. Obviously a talented man who was the same age of several Habboxforum members, such a shame that a life was lost so early on in life!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

It's a shame he didn't die instantly after being crushed by both bikes rather than endure a short while. It becomes more and more tragic when someone younger than you dies.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Splooosh

Latest Awards:

the video footage is devastating, may he rest in peace.