HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    CaptainAce

Latest Awards:

Theres more then one type of disability. Able bodied people can be disabled in a different way that to a persons eye you cannot see. In other words you can be able bodied and disabled.
    Last edited by CaptainAce; 29-08-2012 at 08:56 PM.
    Bringing you the news no one else does!

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

I have a feeling this would have been better covered on the BBC. But maybe I just like them more than Channel 4

Previous Habbox Roles
    Co-Owner of Habbox | General Manager | Assistant General Manager (Staff) | Forum Manager | Super Moderator | Forum Moderator

Tokens
    Habbo
    CaptainAce

Latest Awards:

Channel 4 has too many breaks.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Theres more then one type of disability. Able bodied people can be disabled in a different way that to a persons eye you cannot see. In other words you can be able bodied and disabled.
    yes, i know that. i probably didn't use the best word. by able-bodied, i meant someone with no disability what-so-ever. that's why i put 'able-bodied' opposed to able-bodied if that makes sense. so i meant that i hoped every performer had some sort of disability, to showcase their talents opposed to someone without. i did hope that was obvious, but i guess i should of phrased the sentence better.

edit; btw does anyone know whether there is a legit reason why BBC aren't covering it? just seems kind of backhanded that the BBC covered the olympics, but not the paralymics. especially since the BBC supposedly cater for 'everyone' with their PSB agreements.
    Last edited by dirrty; 29-08-2012 at 09:11 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    CaptainAce

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by dirrty View Post
    yes, i know that. i probably didn't use the best word. by able-bodied, i meant someone with no disability what-so-ever. that's why i put 'able-bodied' opposed to able-bodied if that makes sense. so i meant that i hoped every performer had some sort of disability, to showcase their talents opposed to someone without. i did hope that was obvious, but i guess i should of phrased the sentence better.
    Oh ok. Well I don't think they hunted for disabled people alot? So they used normal people to fill in the gaps.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Channel 4 coverage is shocking.

Not only are there adverts during the ceremony, but during the athlete's parade, so we're missing out whole countries, even China.

And Jon Snow's commentary earlier was awful, all we got was a run down on each war that each country has ever took part in...

And Channel 4 won broadcasting rights, that's why the BBC don't have it.
    Last edited by Kardan; 29-08-2012 at 09:12 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Oh ok. Well I don't think they hunted for disabled people alot? So they used normal people to fill in the gaps.
    well i understand there'll only be enough demand for performers, but it doesn't sit right with me tbf. the whole point of the paralymics is to showcase the talents of those with 'disabilities', and pushing that aside for the sake of having a grand opening ceremony just doesn't seem right, if you get me? from watching the hour that i saw, it looked to me as if they had 'able-bodied' performers, and then threw in those with physical disabilities every so often.

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by dirrty View Post

edit; btw does anyone know whether there is a legit reason why BBC aren't covering it? just seems kind of backhanded that the BBC covered the olympics, but not the paralymics. especially since the BBC supposedly cater for 'everyone' with their PSB agreements.
    I believe a lot of the time these contracts are won and therefore Channel 4 must have won the coverage for this.

Previous Habbox Roles
    Co-Owner of Habbox | General Manager | Assistant General Manager (Staff) | Forum Manager | Super Moderator | Forum Moderator

Tokens

Latest Awards:

tbh i didnt like how they explained everything foe the blind people it ruined it imo

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by xxMATTGxx View Post
    I believe a lot of the time these contracts are won and therefore Channel 4 must have won the coverage for this.
    yeah, i thought so. i guess the BBC spent the majority of their budget on the olympics then haha

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast