HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Tokens
    Habbo
    Stealth

Latest Awards:

Default Should assisted suicide be more widely accepted?

Assisted suicide, aid in dying, physician assisted suicide, this practice goes by many names but it is all the same. The practice of allowing terminally ill patients to administer life ending medications has been a controversial issue in the medical community for decades.

The pros of assisted suicide are respect for patient autonomy and relief of pain and suffering, while it's detractors usually point out the fact that it is a slippery slope

What do you think, should physician assisted suicide be more widely accepted around the world?
    Last edited by sexpot; 01-03-2021 at 03:45 PM.

We part, only to meet again. 12/11/04
    Like tbl Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    Stealth

Latest Awards:

this debate is now live!!

We part, only to meet again. 12/11/04

Country
    United States of America
    Tokens
    Habbo
    __tbl

Latest Awards:

I think it should be more accepted around the world.
    Why not help people out in their time of need/want if they so choose? I think, while time consuming, there could be plenty of steps put in place to ensure this is the best option for someone... and that it's ultimately what that person might want.

Country
    England
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Ruth-On-Toast

Latest Awards:

Ive watched a documentary on this and the whole process people have to go through to be accepted to do it. This seems an everyday things a vet will do to a pet if their suffering so it just seems fair we can do it to humans as well?
    Having people die is super sad but people should have a right to pass in dignity and not have their loved ones watch them suffering.
    Love LucyFaye Loved

Tokens
    Habbo
    Ozzinator

Latest Awards:

Personally think if someone is suffering then it should be an option. For example if someone has a disability or condition where they live half a life, having to have someone do literally everything for them then I can't see the harm in it. Not saying this should be mandatory but if this was something that could be more widely accepted and the person is willing, they could be an organ donor if they have any that are functioning enough that someone who wants to have a second chance at life has that chance.

Nobody should judge anybody that feel like that is the only way for them and assisted suicide gives loved ones more of a chance to say goodbye.
    Like tbl Liked
    Love LucyFaye Loved

Country
    United Kingdom
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Sectional

Latest Awards:

I think to some degree yeah.. Obviously it can't be a decision you make because you're currently in a dark place.. Heck I think most of us have felt like off-ing ourselves at one point, but there would need to be something in place to prevent people from choosing death just because the going is tough, for example, someone who just got divorced, lost their house etc... They might feel like committing suicide, but to me, that's an 'in the moment' decision, time is a healer and things will get better.

As mentioned above, if it's more of a condition, for example... Someone who is bound by machines to keep them alive etc.. Then it's likely that suicide isn't a rash decision, it's something they've likely thought about for a while.. However, like everyone else, they would have good days and bad days, there will need to be something in place to ensure this is actually what they want and they're not just having a bad day/week/month...

There's another shooting today, and this one was bad
    I'm glad that we all hope and pray, but it takes more than that
    We've been trying, we've been crying
    Hoping that they will do more than keep lying
    I need to believe that people can change
    Or else this life has all been in vain
    What's the point of fighting if we're fighting for a lie?

I'm not senDing sublimInal messagEs to rule breakers

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

I believe you have the right to take your own life whether you are terminally ill or not.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Rusted!

Latest Awards:

This is such a 50/50 topic.

I think it's wrong if your assisting somebody (and agree with the rules regarding dignatas). As that's a burden you will have to carry for the rest of your life.

I think you have a right to choose what you want for yourself (and I do understand that there are extensive mental health checks over a period of months). But it should only be an Avenue in certain situations (E.G - pain / incurable conditions).

Tokens
    Habbo
    Jarkie

Latest Awards:

If I wish to end it then I should do it comfy by assistance rather than some suicide methods out there. I do not believe someone should have control over you're own life and if you have "lockinsyndrome" as an example, you should be able to decide it is time to go.

Tokens
    Habbo
    LucyFaye

Latest Awards:

Absolutely, I am really passionate about this subject.

Having watched both my Father and Grandmother die in a hospital bed (at home) in agony, sometimes having to lay in their own poop and wee, and eventually unable to communicate.
    My Dad admitted that he wanted to die towards the end, but wouldn't allow me to do it out of fear of the repercussions that i'd have to face.
    I REFUSE to go like that, I wouldn't wish it on anybody.

When other animals are suffering, they are put down as an act of humanity.
    But humans? Hell no, let them suffer huh?
    It's absolutely ridiculous!

I think they'd definitely need laws around it such as declaring the decision and getting it officially signed off by at least 2 doctors while the patient is still of sound mind, and then a licensed professional carrying out/overseeing the euthanasia, to help avoid any mishaps.

MANNERS COST NOTHING!

Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about.
    Be kind, always!