HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Default The Hose pipe ban has been...

Lifted ... finally you can water your crispy brown grass wash your cars and waste as much water as you like

Quote Originally Posted by BBC News
    Water companies lift hosepipe ban

Customers are still being urged to use water responsibly
    Four water firms in the south east of England are lifting their hosepipe bans after months of above average rainfall.
    Thames Water, Southern Water, Three Valleys Water and Sutton and East Surrey Water have lifted the ban, which affected more than 13m customers.

The restrictions were introduced last year and in 2005 following record dry winters for two consecutive years.

But the Environment Agency warned groundwater levels are still low and there is a risk of drought next summer.

Both South East Water and Mid Kent Water said they would review their ban at the end of January.

CUSTOMER NUMBERS
    Thames Water - 8.1m customers
    Southern Water - 1.6m
    Three Valleys Water - 3m
    Sutton and East Surrey - 642,000
    South East Water - 1.4m
    Mid Kent Water - 585,000

Thames Water said heavy downpours over the past four months had raised groundwater levels which are expected to become normal by February.

Sutton and East Surrey Water's reservoir, at Bough Beech in Kent, is full but accounts for only 15% of supply and Three Valleys Water said its underground aquifers were starting to replenish.

South East Water's reservoirs at Ardingly and Arlington in Sussex are full, but many of the company's underground sources are only now showing signs of recovery.

Barbara Young, chief executive of the Environment Agency, said as water levels were in a better position than they were this time last year, it was reasonable for the companies to lift the bans.

She added: "Despite the wet autumn and winter so far, groundwater levels are still low in parts of the South East and it is too early to say the drought is completely over.

Positive legacy

"If the rest of the winter is dry, there is still a risk of drought next summer."

Despite the lifting of the hosepipe and sprinkler bans, all four companies are urging customers to keep aware of how much water they are using.

Three Valleys Water's managing director, Peter Darby, said: "The positive legacy of the drought is that it reminded all of us that water is a precious resource and as with all other resources it is possible to reduce, reuse and recycle."

Cholderton and District Water, the only other company to introduce a hosepipe ban, lifted restrictions
    I’ll be a story in your head, but that’s okay, because we’re all stories in the end. Just make it a good one, eh? Because it was, you know. It was the best. A daft old man who stole a magic box and ran away. Did I ever tell you that I stole it? Well, I borrowed it. I always meant to take it back. Oh, that box, Amy, you’ll dream about that box. It’ll never leave you. Big and little at the same time. Brand-new and ancient and the bluest blue ever. And the times we had, eh? Would had…Never had. In your dreams, they’ll still be there. The Doctor and Amy Pond and the days that never came.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

No we cant waste water, why would you waste water when you know we will have another one in the summer, DONT WASTE IT

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Scotland don't have any cutbacks... yeeeehaww!
    ​KISS MY ARSE MATT GARNER.
    better?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

about time, we'll get another one by june though.
    here is my facebook.
    here is my
    twitter.
    here is my
    tumblr.

Tokens

Good good,it was annoying not being able to use the hose

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

I use my hose frequently.