HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    -:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by dbgtz View Post
    the point youve raised is unrelated to my statement
    it was not a post suggesting we should adopt pr

equally nothing in your reply actually explains how a ge is at all a peoples vote because you know it isnt and its disingenuous to suggest it is
    That's because we've already had a People's Vote.

And 3 years on, Parliament is unable to pass anything and is obstructing that People's Vote.

So, time for a General Election as the House of Commons is the problem.
    Last edited by -:Undertaker:-; 05-09-2019 at 08:43 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by -:Undertaker:- View Post
    That's because we've already had a People's Vote.

And 3 years on, Parliament is unable to pass anything and is obstructing that People's Vote.

So, time for a General Election as the House of Commons is the problem.
    so you were lying before by saying parliament voted against a peoples vote by voting against another early general election

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by dbgtz View Post
    so you were lying before by saying parliament voted against a peoples vote by voting against another early general election
    I'm asking you, your side is the side who keeps asking for so-called People's Votes.

Yet we've had a referendum, a General Election and a European Election all confirming that Britain wants to leave the EU.

How many more People's Votes do we need before these two-faced ****s in the House of Commons do as we say?

Last edited by -:Undertaker:-; 05-09-2019 at 11:00 PM.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Sectional

Latest Awards:

There's another shooting today, and this one was bad
    I'm glad that we all hope and pray, but it takes more than that
    We've been trying, we've been crying
    Hoping that they will do more than keep lying
    I need to believe that people can change
    Or else this life has all been in vain
    What's the point of fighting if we're fighting for a lie?

I'm not senDing sublimInal messagEs to rule breakers

Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by -:Undertaker:- View Post
    I'm asking you, your side is the side who keeps asking for so-called People's Votes.

Yet we've had a referendum, a General Election and a European Election all confirming that Britain wants to leave the EU.

How many more People's Votes do we need before these two-faced ****s in the House of Commons do as we say?

asking me what
    i explained a ge is not equivalent to a peoples vote nor is the eu elections

Tokens

Latest Awards:

A second referendum/people's vote wouldn't resolve the deadlock as no side would accept the outcome (remainers wouldn't and have already said this publicly, leavers wouldn't because the first one wasn't implemented) whereas a GE could do so if it changes the balance of Parliament* (remainers win, they can extend or revoke article 50, leavers win, repeal the new extension law, leave deal or no deal). It sounds like the latter is Boris' strategy but he's hit a brick wall because they won't vote for the general election they've been banging on about for years (and which I agreed with at the time during May's attempts to pass it through). I can understand why they wouldn't

I've never really had an issue with the Fixed Terms Parliament Act before. The Prime Minister is now essentially hostage to the whims of the Opposition, they can implement legislation and turn the Prime Minister into their puppet because he's lost the majority and needs them to get a general election, which he'd have been able to do themselves before. Interesting thing about the resigning although I doubt it'd look very good from a PR point of view. Ideally, you'd want to start an election campaign from a position of strength. Plus technically, I don't think you're allowed to officially resign as Prime Minister without an alternative in place.

*Of course the risk is that it just results in another hung parliament. I think that Boris is fairly confident of a majority but I wouldn't be so sure. The loss of Scottish seats would need to be made up for in other seats alongside even the weakest of Brexit Party challenges in a FPTP system could mean disaster. I know that senior Tories have complained about the whip being removed but that always felt like a deliberate move to remove remainers from the Conservatives benches. At least that way if it is another hung Parliament with a tory/dup alliance or whatever, at least that way the Conservative leave vote is stronger.

Regardless what happens, this is top quality politics drama right now (sunglasses)

Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

the 2 issues with a ge is that you dont need a majority of votes to get a majority of seats and that a vote for a party doesnt mean you endorse all of their policies - pretty sure even UKIP at its peak had like 10% of members that didnt want to actually leave the eu

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

At this point I am not even sure if I would accept the results of a General Election if I am completely honest. I am so disillusioned.

If nobody else is accepting they've lost in democratic votes, then why the hell should I?

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

If you think the last few weeks have been fun, here's what Dominic Cummings cryptically said...

In other news tonight....

Amber Rudd MP has quit the Cabinet and resigned the Tory whip.

Meanwhile, Angela Smith MP (former Labour, then Change UK) has defected to the Liberal Democrats.

Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

isnt dominic cummings an unelected bureaucrat

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast