HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Thread: First Time

Tokens
    Habbo
    thatc00lgirl

Latest Awards:

Default First Time

Everyone has a first time doing something, like how babies took their first step, their first crawl, their first word.
    How about yours? Do you have a special " first time " which has helped you grown in life or has helped you in
    maybe getting over a phobia of something? How was your " first time " doing ________?

My first time going onto a roller coaster. I was never the adrenaline junkie. I was probably the geekiest girl
    sitting behind a computer screen at the library playing Adventure Quest while the teacher walked around.
    I always thought that a roller coaster would be terrifying but never did i know i actually could open my eyes
    while the roller coaster twisted, took sharp turns and big drops, i was really happy! Got me to overcome fears
    of how people would be in life, the obstacles in life etc. Because of that, i am happier now and every country
    that i travel to, i make sure i ride their roller coaster, even if it is my last day in that particular country.

How about you?
    Like Empired Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    Empired

Latest Awards:

My first time getting onto a bus by myself and being thrilled cos I didn't have a panic attack, nothing went wrong, no1 thought I was a weirdo, I'm going in the right direction, etc.

When I was younger I had terrible social anxiety and one of my worst fears was getting onto a bus! Buses still make me nervous cos I don't know which one to get on if I don't know the area but I'm so much more relaxed now and I just remember I was SO PROUD of myself the first time I got on a bus on my own.
    Like thatc00lgirl Liked

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Empired View Post
    My first time getting onto a bus by myself and being thrilled cos I didn't have a panic attack, nothing went wrong, no1 thought I was a weirdo, I'm going in the right direction, etc.

When I was younger I had terrible social anxiety and one of my worst fears was getting onto a bus! Buses still make me nervous cos I don't know which one to get on if I don't know the area but I'm so much more relaxed now and I just remember I was SO PROUD of myself the first time I got on a bus on my own.
    Aww I'm like that with trains. Never ever been on one on my own, I find it daunting, especially if the place has ticket gates like what if they don't let me in/out etc.

I would say a significant first time would be having an interview for a management position where I work - it was scary putting myself forward and I was worried about the interview. I actually didn't find the experience that bad! I didn't get the job (I couldn't get it due to dating another person in the management team at the time), but the thing they caught up on was that I was rather shy/nervous and I can definitely say since that interview I've come out of my shell a lot.

Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

Going to copy Samanfa and mention interviews. People make it seem like this really daunting and horrible experience but you go in and it's just basically a conversation? Maybe I've just been lucky I've never had stupid assessment centre crap, group interviews or w/e. My first didn't really help me grow, but it did make me less nervous for future interviews.

I suppose my first (and technically 2nd I guess) real time in hospital helped me understand a few things differently. I saw a lot of people who honestly had some of the shittiest of circumstances and after finding out and experiencing more and more of that, I kind of came to not only appreciate how my life isn't actually that bad, but also how much those people essentially relied on health services and how they'd be completely screwed without that access.
    Like thatc00lgirl Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    :Cerys

Latest Awards:

Uhhh I don't know. Other than interviews nothing really stands out to me, my life is pretty boring.

Like thatc00lgirl Liked

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

did anything else click on this title and think it was somethin else

ummm first time i'm not sure really. like i kinda do things gradually so there's not usually a first time. i guess it was when i first went to uni and lived away from home for the first time. that was weird

Tokens
    Habbo
    thatc00lgirl

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by -:Undertaker:- View Post
    did anything else click on this title and think it was somethin else

ummm first time i'm not sure really. like i kinda do things gradually so there's not usually a first time. i guess it was when i first went to uni and lived away from home for the first time. that was weird
    HAHAHA i was trying to avoid that thought because i know many will refer it to another type of " First Time "

Tokens
    Habbo
    Empired

Latest Awards:

Tbh the only reason I thought the title might mean something else is bc there was a tag on youtube a couple of years ago about First Times and all the vids got loads of views cos viewers thought it would be their fav youtubers talking about how they lost their virginities but it was just like first time abroad and stuff.
    Like thatc00lgirl Liked

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Samanfa View Post
    Aww I'm like that with trains. Never ever been on one on my own, I find it daunting, especially if the place has ticket gates like what if they don't let me in/out etc.

I would say a significant first time would be having an interview for a management position where I work - it was scary putting myself forward and I was worried about the interview. I actually didn't find the experience that bad! I didn't get the job (I couldn't get it due to dating another person in the management team at the time), but the thing they caught up on was that I was rather shy/nervous and I can definitely say since that interview I've come out of my shell a lot.
    Right, so I was working 8-4 today and one of the management has called in sick/got a sick note for 7 days. One of our other managers was still booked away, one is in Tenerife, one was in Liverpool and the other two were in the shop already - however, one of them couldn't stay any longer today. So they had to get a normal member of staff to be a step in manager, someone offered, but changed their mind so I ended up doing it.

I actually did pretty well, it's just weird that after I say I had an interview (this was nearly 3 years ago) that I ended up being a step in manager for 4 hours .

Ended up doing a 8am-8:45pm shift though, but it's worth it for the experience.