HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Default Parents Stunt Growth Of Disabled Daughter

I was reading this artical before that I thought was pretty interesting. If youre too lazy to read it, this is a basic summary:

Parents stunted the growth of their daughter who has severe brain damage. Her uterus and breast tissue were removed at a Seattle hospital and she received large doses of hormones to halt her growth. She is now 4'5'', and she wont grow any taller. The parents did it because they wanted her small and managable, they didnt want her an average or larger size in fear of hurting herself when she has tantrums etc. But some people say it was wrong and that it only further damages her innormality.

I agree with the parents on this one. She isnt going to lead a normal life no matter what happens, so I think that any way of making it easier to care for her is a good thing.

What do you think about it? I heard a few people say it was hands down sick of them to do it, but I dont think so.
    Last edited by RedStratocas; 07-01-2007 at 09:54 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I agree with the parents.

stunting her growth makes it easier for them and i doubt it will make much difference to her life, and she won't have to deal with stuff like periods.

Tokens

i dunno really, i can see both sides of the argument but it sounds slightly sick

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

It sounds horrible at first, but when you think about the trouble that some parents go through with disabled children who outgrow them (as often happens), I think it's entirely understandable.
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I think its disgraceful, who are they to "play god" with someones body, even if it is their daughters, its not their place. They have been dealt that card in life they have to deal with it they shouldn't be allowed to alter someones body just so they will be able to deal with it better.

Thats just my opinion.

All matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration. We are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectivly. There is no such thing as death, life is only a dream and we're the imagination of ourselves.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I think that no one should judge these people, as many of the people who judge wont have to go through what they have ahead of them, looking after a disabed child for most of it's life will be hard and it wont get easier when they get bigger, so if it makes it easier to care for the child, I say go for it.
    Edited by Garion (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not have images in your signature that exceed the 150 Pixel height limit for your usergroup.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by J1MI View Post
    I think its disgraceful, who are they to "play god" with someones body, even if it is their daughters, its not their place. They have been dealt that card in life they have to deal with it they shouldn't be allowed to alter someones body just so they will be able to deal with it better.

Thats just my opinion.
    at what point did they play god? playing god would be cureing the ******ation, not just a relatively simple opp. Plus you make it sound as if the parrents carryed out the op themselves "/

Personly whether or not its ok, does depend on the ******ation of the subject in question, but in this case the parents are probably in the right, since as RedStratocas said, there child isnt going to lead an normal life ether way.

*You sometimes wonder how immature the filter is going to get o.0
    Last edited by Mentor; 07-01-2007 at 10:58 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

caring for someone with brain damage is hard work. stunting her growth will make her more managable for the parents who will have to carry her and wash her everyday. It sounds sick at first, but when you think about it, it makes sense to do so.
    COS A SED SO RITE.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I had a handicapped brother and he was alot lot lot lot of work for my mum and dad, somtimes tey had to have 2 day breaks because it was extremely stressfull. He died when he was four, but even at that age he was starting to be quite difficult to handle.

I agree with the parents to a certain extent. But i do think it's quite odd to be changing their childs life
    I Threw My Pitchfork In Your Haystack Last Night
    Oo Arr Oo Arr.

Tokens

Quote Originally Posted by 01101101entor View Post
    at what point did they play god? playing god would be cureing the ******ation, not just a relatively simple opp. Plus you make it sound as if the parrents carryed out the op themselves "/

Personly whether or not its ok, does depend on the ******ation of the subject in question, but in this case the parents are probably in the right, since as RedStratocas said, there child isnt going to lead an normal life ether way.

*You sometimes wonder how immature the filter is going to get o.0
    how do you know its a simple op? you couldn't carry out any operation. and the word you used that was filter is a nasty thing to say about disabled people/people with learning disabilities. I don't wonder how immature the filter is guna get i wonder how immature you're gonna get whihc is very because you are probably sum 10 yr old fat boffin sat at a computer with a bottle to wee in because you can't be arsed to go to the toilet. Get a ******* life

Edited by Dan (Super Moderator): Please do not insult other members, Thanks :]
    Last edited by Dan; 09-01-2007 at 12:27 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast