HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Global Issues

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Default Global Issues

Basic question, which of the following global issues do you view as the most important? When I ask this, I mean if you had the chance to work towards solving one, which would you choose?

1) Malnutrition and Hunger
    2) Climate Change
    3) Modern Day Slavery
    4) Health (specifically HIV/AIDS and malaria)
    5) Proliferation of Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMDs)
    6) Population Crisis
    7) Human Rights
    8) Water Scarcity
    9) Animal Extinction
    10) Primary Education
    11) Other?

Obviously there are issues missing, I have also missed out "poverty" on purpose, on the basis I am a firm believer of education being the key way out of poverty, and therefore I would say the poverty is the effect of these causes.

---

There are actually a few options about that I would place as more important than others, however I won't break my own rule of one! I guess for me the most important global issue there is health, simply because of the effects poor health has on those around individuals - for example, if you lose your parents to a disease then you won't be able to get a primary education (in many cases), as you may be forced to work to survive. Good health therefore, at least in my eyes, can lead to other issues being worked towards too.

So, what are your views?

I should point out, if you have an interest in any of these topics (and many more), you can watch some excellent videos over at www.ted.com - with incredible speakers such as Bill Gates, Bjorn Lomborg, Hans Rosling, Lisa Kristine and many more. You've probably watched TED videos before in college (or possibly school?)

Tokens
    Habbo
    Daltron

Latest Awards:

If I could solve one, it would be Human Rights, the amount of violation makes me sick. Anyway, here is how I would rank them to most important to be solved to least important of the 10 (Although all very important in general.)

7) Human Rights
    4) Health (specifically HIV/AIDS and malaria)
    3) Modern Day Slavery
    1) Malnutrition and Hunger
    5) Proliferation of Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMDs)
    8) Water Scarcity
    2) Climate Change
    9) Animal Extinction
    10) Primary Education
    6) Population Crisis

Tokens
    Habbo
    650c

Latest Awards:

Modern Day Slavery.

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

From a purely practical viewpoint population is the biggest problem since if we culled the population there'd be more resources available per person and half of these would/could be solved, but I figure mass genocide to be something the modern world wants to avoid as much as possible...

In personal terms human rights obv since I like having those, also hunger because Dominos is far too expensive
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens
    Habbo
    kromium

Latest Awards:

can't choose between malnutrition, human rights, health and animal extinction
    anyway

Tokens
    Habbo
    deathday

are you kids dumb? the only problem that matters at the moment is the world population spiralling out of control. at the rate we're going it's gonna be r.i.p the human race in 50 years

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by deathday View Post
    are you kids dumb? the only problem that matters at the moment is the world population spiralling out of control. at the rate we're going it's gonna be r.i.p the human race in 50 years
    Nice, an attempt at insulting us by branding us "kids" and "dumb", yet you then go on to claim the human race will be destroyed in 50 years time. Interesting.

Tokens
    Habbo
    deathday

Quote Originally Posted by Marketing View Post
    Nice, an attempt at insulting us by branding us "kids" and "dumb", yet you then go on to claim the human race will be destroyed in 50 years time. Interesting.
    it's ok that you're still stuck on a lower level of thinking. denial's just a normal human trait, right?

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

I already covered population does that make me a genius
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Education as I believe everyone should be entitled to some form of it and it's such a vital part of ... life ?
    /

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast