HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Capello

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Default Capello

For me, hasn't impressed. I think he's bottled it in regards to the squad and he has a bizarre substitution tactic, formation and playing style.

He had the chance to take Johnson, a real creative player who had the best dribble success out of Walcott, Lennon, J. Cole, Milner and SWP, but he didn't. He took J. Cole. Didn't play a full season, not 100% fit (for me) and has been warming the bench at Chelsea. He could've taken Walcott, an option for right-wing, left and striker. Instead, he copped out and went for the older, slower and less consistent player, SWP. I'm fed up of watching SWP run into defenders, atleast Walcott could skin a man. There's a case to be argued for Bent as well, but no doubt I'd get ignored for being bias. So I'll just leave it.

Ok, last night, we were wanting a win and Capello puts on... Crouch. Why not Defoe? We're chasing a game against AMERICA. Defoe can score goals, look at the Netherlands game. Defoe comes on and scores 2. Then, Capello puts on Carragher alongside Terry. Fair enough, I wouldn't want to get caught in a fight between the two but two sluggish fouling defenders are too many. Don't get me wrong, I'm a MASSIVE Terry fan. But he works best alongside a Ferdinand or King. A ball over the top playing a better team than USA and I'd be bricking it.

And last, his formation? He insists on playing with a big man and a small man upfront because it served him well in qualifying. Sure, when Heskey was playing week in week out. But his refusal to change formationshows how stubborn and scared he is of taking a risk on Johnson, or on throwing Defoe on or using a formation that has any more than one out and out striker.

No doubt there are a few people who disagree with me. To clarify, I'm not saying "sack him" I'm just commenting on how I see it at the time being. He could prove me completely wrong.
    Last edited by Browney; 13-06-2010 at 07:57 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

He's a liar.

He said he'd pick his squad based on form and fitness. If he did so, he'd have my upmost respect. But he didn't.

Heskey? Green? Carrick? Ferdinand? Wright-Phillips? No thanks.

I still have confidence, though.

sod the lot

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Meh, if he stuck to that, Gerrard wouldn't have played. Saying that, Hart should be in goal, Heskey is purely for tactical use, Carrick no thanks, Ferdinand fair enough, SWP no ta.

He's an ok manager but he has gone stuff wrong.

Tokens
    Habbo
    lxce

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Adamm View Post
    He's a liar.

He said he'd pick his squad based on form and fitness. If he did so, he'd have my upmost respect. But he didn't.

Heskey? Green? Carrick? Ferdinand? Wright-Phillips? No thanks.

I still have confidence, though.
    yeah i agree and also the starting 11 on form? No i don't think so because Green wouldn't have been near the goal Hart would be in there because this season he has consistently been the best English goalkeeper.

Don't know why Carrick is near the squad because he hasn't even been united's 1# at some stages. Wright-philips well i would put cole in there because i think when he gets the shout he gets confidence has the WC experience and can do it. Heskey.. no just no.

So yeah i think his selections have been weird and i hated how they didn't want to score more goals last night after the first one. We should have dominated.

In capello we trust though so maybe he will pull it out for the next game.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I think we'll see how far England have progressed until Barry is fit- he's been ever-present in Capello's squads and it will complete (what Fabio thinks is) our first eleven. We'll see a much improved Lampard too. He doesn't distribute the ball well enough in a simple 4-4-2 with Gerrard.

Would love to see:

James

Johnson King Terry Cole
    Barry
    Lennon Lampard Cole
    Gerrard
    Rooney

I don't think the preperation has been good enough- he still doesn't know what formation suits us best.
    Last edited by JackBuddy; 13-06-2010 at 08:55 PM.

Image removed by Bolt660 (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not have images in your signature which exceed the maximum limits for your usergroup.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Don't know if it's just me but I've always seen Gerrard as more defencive than Lampard.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by CHA!NGANG View Post
    Don't know if it's just me but I've always seen Gerrard as more defencive than Lampard.
    Maybe, but Gerrard seems to perform best in the role he plays for Liverpool.

Image removed by Bolt660 (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not have images in your signature which exceed the maximum limits for your usergroup.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Browney View Post
    For me, hasn't impressed. I think he's bottled it in regards to the squad and he has a bizarre substitution tactic, formation and playing style.

He had the chance to take Johnson, a real creative player who had the best dribble success out of Walcott, Lennon, J. Cole, Milner and SWP, but he didn't. He took J. Cole. Didn't play a full season, not 100% fit (for me) and has been warming the bench at Chelsea. He could've taken Walcott, an option for right-wing, left and striker. Instead, he copped out and went for the older, slower and less consistent player, SWP. I'm fed up of watching SWP run into defenders, atleast Walcott could skin a man. There's a case to be argued for Bent as well, but no doubt I'd get ignored for being bias. So I'll just leave it.

Ok, last night, we were wanting a win and Capello puts on... Crouch. Why not Defoe? We're chasing a game against AMERICA. Defoe can score goals, look at the Netherlands game. Defoe comes on and scores 2. Then, Capello puts on Carragher alongside Terry. Fair enough, I wouldn't want to get caught in a fight between the two but two sluggish fouling defenders are too many. Don't get me wrong, I'm a MASSIVE Terry fan. But he works best alongside a Ferdinand or King. A ball over the top playing a better team than USA and I'd be bricking it.

And last, his formation? He insists on playing with a big man and a small man upfront because it served him well in qualifying. Sure, when Heskey was playing week in week out. But his refusal to change formationshows how stubborn and scared he is of taking a risk on Johnson, or on throwing Defoe on or using a formation that has any more than one out and out striker.

No doubt there are a few people who disagree with me. To clarify, I'm not saying "sack him" I'm just commenting on how I see it at the time being. He could prove me completely wrong.
    Don't moan or else Geraint will go mad!
    PSN: StefanWolves
    Add me if you play COD Black Ops or Fifa 11.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Surprised you haven't as we have criticism of England's national coach.

Oh, god damn, I'm carrying it on.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

maybe he doesnt wat o give other teams ideas. if he plays all the layers they can learn how hes playing them an take advantage

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast