HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Tokens

The age limit is law and is there for a purpose, although most ignore it. Its not all down to maturity, more personal experience and knowing what is right and wrong.

btw, your all freeks :p

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Unsuspected
    there was a big thread about kids under 15 playing this game on a different forum. some said that kids under 15 shouldn't be exposed to the language and violence that is in this game, as SA is much much more mildly violent then the other GTA's. it can mess a kid up pretty much. one person made a very good point that a 12 year old can be just as mature as a 50 year old, and a 50 year old can be just as immature as a 12 year old.

as I see it, it fits into 3 different catagories. age, maturity, and exposure.

yes a 12 year old cna be just as mature as a 50 year old, but alot of 12 year olds aren't exposed to the kind of violence that is on GTA, when you get to the age of 14 and up it doesn't really matter because just about everyone above 14 has been exposed to that kind of language and violence.

no matter how old you are you must realise the difference between game and reality. if you look at GTA:SA and then look at reality and your life, if you do not see a giant gap in difference then you most deffinetly shouldn't be playing GTA:SA. you absolutly must realise it's a video game and is not telling you anything on the game is "cool". just because you see your character steal a car, shoot people, or even do it with a hooker it doesn't mean that it's right or "cool". the same persont hat said that a 12 year old can be as mature as a 50 year old also had said that when kids kill or get into gang life it's not because all because of them playing GTA. which is half true. GTA:SA may not make any kids think it's "cool" to do things in the game, but kids that already think those things are cool before playing it are driven to do it and more entised to do when they play GTA:SA. lets have an example. say your a kid that thinks it would be cool to do it with a hooker, the you play GTA:SA and you do it. will it or will it not drive you to want to do it more then you did before? it all depends on how mature you are. sure, anyone can innocently look at this game and say "oh man, going on a mass kill frenzy is soooo fun" or "this is sweet, you can even do it with a wide variety of hookers on here!" but it's up to you to realise that in a game it's very fun, but when it comes to reality it's dead serious and no where near fun at all. if you own GTA:SA and can't realise that I seriously recommend you reture the game.

The game is rated M, pretty much saying not for kids under the age of around 14. Know everyone can agree with me that most kids under 14 are immature, have been unexposed to things on GTA:SA, and deffinetly shouldn't even watch such violence and language, MOST. but there are few kids under 14 who are responsible enough to play a game like GTA. as said before kids under the age can be just as much if not more mature then a person that is the correct age of playing an M rated game. also vice versa, a 20 year old guy is allowed to play this game, but who is to say that 20 year old is mature enough for it? he most certainly has been exposed to all the things in GTA:SA, but can he see the big gap between game and reality?

so there it is. I know most people on this site are teens, some are under 14. thats why I thought it would be important to bring this to all of your attention. and please do not post a message saying you are under 14 but you are very mature for your age. because no1 in the entire world will buy that. EVERYONE on the face of this earth wants to believe they are mature, think about it, have you ever heard a kid say "I'm an annoying little immature ***** and i love it!!!" maybe you have, but most likly if you ever hear anyone saying that they are being sarcastic. the bottem line is everyone want to BELIEVE they are mature, which means one thing, they want the respect of a mature person but not the responsibility of a mature person.
    I am 12 years old. I think I'm mature enough to play. I'm not going to copy of what he does, for a reason. (It's wrong) AND because if I did, my family would have bad opinions on me, and I'd have a police record, meaning I couldn't get a good job.

Tokens

Personally.

GTA's next step is, GTA Online.

80 People A Room? Room = 1 Island.

Wud b funny, With Klans on it.

with Drag-Racing, Shoot gangs.

and maybe a gang leader board?

Online is the future. Maybe bring it out for the ps3/

When eva that comes out :rolleyes:
    REMOVED

Edited by jesus (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not have images in your signature which are over the size limit for your usergroup.

Tokens

The ratings on the game are for it being bought, only people over 18 can buy the game, so its up to the parents who think that their children are old enough to play it.

As for my 3 year old cousin who played GTA 3 (which he loved) when he came round one day...he is now 7 and as far as i know has no aspirations of becoming a mass murderer.

On that note i think there is proof that the games dont mess up people, unless they are already messed up.

Also the ratings system should be revised to take into account the fact that most people today (generally) are swearing prolifically by the time they are 12 or something, maybe they should lower the age of the next GTA to 15 or something.

tip: dont give a 3 year old a tank :rolleyes:

Why lol lmao
    You really have to ask that? :p
    :wav:

_S___K__A__K___I___D__77

My Space

If you can read this, you are a Douche! (Damn the change of style...to hell)

Tokens

I'm 11 and i play the game and i dont go out killing people! So im perfectly safe
    R.I.P EDDIE
    "I'm your Pappi!"
    Gone but not forgotton

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234