HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Tokens

Default Learn French, the easy way.

French is a widely spoken language throughout the world, and a surprisingly popular holiday destination! But you, of course, don't have a clue what any French is except for 'Hello' - Which is why, this guide is going to teach you the very basics of French, and its strangeness.

French has been altered throughout the years, with new words appearing, some words that still don't exist and with 3 ways to say 'The' - you'll find it hard to grasp, but you will get there.

Just before I start, if you think 3 is a lot of 'The' 's - Don't ever, ever, ever learn German! 16 ways to say the, what morons "/ :

So, as the guide starts get a groove in your chair, get some StarBucks coffee and put your status as 'away' on every possible messanger :

When you're meeting someone in France, the first thing they normally say is :

Salut/Bonjour! Ca va?
    Which Translates to: Hi/Hello! How are you?

Tip 1: The 'c' on ca va is a soft 'c', therefore you need a littke upside down 5, or cedilla at the bottom the c.

If you're well, you would reply:

Ca va bien merci!
    Which translates to: I am fine

or, if you're not feeling well :

Non (It may seem impolite, but it's what they do!)

That's pretty much the basic opening sentences of French, if you remember these, continue, if not, read over them again! :

We have the word 'the' which goes for Masculine things (male), Feminine things (female) and plural things (more than 1) - This goes for all of the English world, however in French they have a different word for each category :

Le is the Masculine 'The'
    La is the Feminine 'The'
    Les is the Plural 'The'

But how do I know which noun goes with which the? You don't! It is very hard to see which 'the' it goes with, obviously if it is perfume it is female, which would be 'La'.

Whilst working with that, you now can say 'Hello, how are you? I am fine and the'. And that is a good bit learnt in what, 10 minutes maximum?

Now, this is where it may get a little too confusing, but if you think you're a big smartie pants, I wreckon you will grasp it

Take the word in English to 'watch' - We have I, You (singular), He/she/it, We, you (plural) and they. In French, it is a bit like Latin, you also need to change the ending of the word.

In french ;

I = Je
    You (S) = Tu (This is also very formal)
    He/She/It = Just, well someone's name etc
    We = Nous
    You (P) = Vous (This is not very formal)
    They = Just, well more than one name.

But you've got to learn the endings as well, but they are quite easy to learn! :

I = E
    You (S) = ES
    He/She/It = E
    We = ONS
    You (P) = EZ
    They = ENT

All verbs in French come with the infinitive first, which is 'To do' or 'To have' or 'To play' - whatever your verb is, and the ones that follow the rule are called 'ER' verbs..

So if you take off the 'ER' you are left with 'Regard' and then you place your ending on, such as :

Je Regarder = NO!
    Je Regarde (you've taken off the ER and added 'Je' which is E' = YES!

That's it for now, more will be posted later, until then, keep revising.
    Sthu. [I Love Tash]

Tokens

Latest Awards:

very helpfull because ive been doing french for about 3 years now and still cant put a sentance together

G-flow Guest

French is really hard! ive been doing it for 4 years now and i do not have a clue :eusa_wall

Tokens

I'll add some later, like irregular verbs and stuff..
    Sthu. [I Love Tash]

Tokens

Like anything else, The more that you use French, the better you become at it. French is actually a fairly easy language compared to the almost impossible (to other cultures) English Language. French just takes some getting used to. Funk described the very BASICS to french by explaining "er" Verbs. there is much more to learn such as ir and re verbs . Anyways, good luck to beginners in French

Tokens

Je suis canadien-français alors j'ai aucune misère en français et je parle mieux le français que l'anglais. But some of my englisj friends said it's realy hard to learn french from them. But I can't really experience that since french is my first language.
    Your password isn't like butter so don't spread it. :eusa_shhh

Habbo name:Simonac55

If you ever need help, feel free to PM me or look at the FAQ

Check out theForum Rules before posting.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakespear
    Lovers cannot see the petty follies that themselves commit

Tokens

Je suis Canadien aussi! Le Francais est tres difficile pour moi. Je prefere l'anglais. Ma Coleur preferee est Rouge et mon nombre prefere est seize. Cela est tout je peux pense de maintenant.

Au Revoir!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Not all 16 the's are used in german, it's mainly der, die and das.
    And once you learn how to use the three of them, it's pretty easy to put them onto words.

Tokens

I do Russian and French, and i find it really easy and i have been doing french for nearly 3 years and Russian from september till now! May sound weird but i think i am better at russian than french!! Does anyone else speak russian??

Tokens

Message était très utile pour des débutants.

:eusa_clap

Le rep s'est ajouté.

Now for Russian...

Извинения Sarah, я не говорю ру**кого н*илучшим обр*зом.
    Last edited by CarolineQT2774; 23-02-2005 at 11:53 PM.
    "Welcome to the Oasis, the perfect place to chill and... stuff" - Amber
    **** -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- ****
    [/Visit]//My Trading Post\\[Visit]

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast