HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    :Jin:

Latest Awards:

Default Should euthanasia be allowed in the UK?

Euthanasia is a taboo subject which is always being critizised by the UN and other govermental parties for it being a morally unjust option for a terminally ill paitient to die.

Euthanasia is when often terminally ill or disabled people wish to commit suicide with the assistance of another person. This may be because they feel like they are placing an unesseccary burden on another family member, they do not wish to die to an illness or because they are in excruitiating pain.

There is only one country in europe which allows euthanasia which is Holland. Elsewhere it is looked down upon as morally and lawfully wrong, often the members assisting in the suicide of another human being have been prosecuted despite the media support on the matter.

What are your views? Should we allow euthanasia in the UK? What would you do if you were paralysed, terminally ill or in terrible pain? Would you turn to euthanasia or would you live out your problem and allow it to take a natural course?

Debate it.

Tokens
    Habbo
    The-Quiet-One

Latest Awards:

I think we should allow euthanasia in the UK. As it could put the people that are suffering so much and that are in so pain out of there whatever the word is, i can't think of it.

Also, i've seen a programme where someone actually travelled to Holland, so that euthanasia could be carried out. I think that this just means they are in pain much longer and allowing it over here would cut that time down. And, it'll just mean that people will just travel there to have it done, so its going to happen anyway.

I hope that made sense.
    thanks lucpix for the cute sig xo
    twitter / blog

Tokens

Why not? I mean if you want to die but you're so ill you can't because you're too weak/disabled, it says a lot about how ill you are.

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

The main argument against euthanasia is that sometimes the patient may be mentally unstable and therefore unable to make a "right" decision. I say that's all codswallop, as if in their unstable condition they wish to die, that's still how their brain is working regardless of whether it's against the normal way that person would think.
    If someone expresses an legit and genuine wish to die due to their condition, that should not be made debatable just because of their mental state.
    The only problem I can really see with euthanasia is abuse of the power that doctors would then have, as hospital deaths without consent could possibly occur for a while before inquiries were made, or consent could be forged.
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I am for it, but there definatly needs to be some restrictions to prevent an abuse of power.

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

I forgot to mention that it could also save a lot of money for the NHS, which is really quite important at the moment seeing as how they have no money and life-changing drugs are becoming more expensive.
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Oh, and there needs to be a formal way of doing it, with prior notice etc. Because then anyone who kills someone could simply say they were assisting suicide.

Tokens

I think it should, but under hospital conditions where they are put under anaethetic and then killed. Like a lawful way of doing it.
    I am Mrs Ross

I'll Do Anything For You

Tokens
    Habbo
    The-Quiet-One

Latest Awards:

One thing bad against it, is the person may not be able to tell anyone anything. And a relative or something may think that its the best opition for them and decide that euthanasia is the right thing for them when the person doesn't want it.
    thanks lucpix for the cute sig xo
    twitter / blog

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Personally I say no to Euthanasia.

People say that if you have a terminal disease then it is best to do it because you prbably wont live a full and great life.

Not true.
    I know a guy who will die in 2010 will a terminal disease (can't remember what it is :S)

And he has great fun with us all the time.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast