HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Tokens

Angry Today's Music= Disgrace

Todays music whether it be 'punk' aka green day, 'rap' aka P diddy or whatever thay call him, and all this other **** has got to be one of the worst time of music in the last generation (counting the 1900's). All of todays song contain no
    feeling whatsoever, and there songs are EXTREMELY easy to play if its a rock song. I say there should be some bands who actually know how to play and write music come back to our generation. I want the 60's and 70's back where musicians smoked drugs to get an awesome song (all the greats say drugs helped them in writing songs). If this happens where the world actually gets good music I would be the happiest person alive.

btw I dont do drugs if your wandering that.

/end rant.
    Last edited by lil:quizical:quigly; 23-02-2005 at 03:20 AM.

Tokens

You may be right. Everybody who hates on current age music may have a point, but let me ask you this.

Back many decades ago, there were idols. There were superstars who made good music. What did people say when Ray Charles got some spotlight?

No matter how popular a superstar gets, he will never be loved by all even though sometimes it may seem that way. Run DMC was hated for a while, because nobody could comprehend the idea of "rap". No woman would dare act the way Madonna did, and she got heat for it. For how long? She still is by some.

Everybody has their own taste. In your mind, most music this age is ****. Okay, sure. In YOUR eyes. Music talent is based on what there has been. You compare it to historic music. One day this will be history, as well.

My point? Music changes. Artists change. New ones appear. Old ones fizzle.
    Black is the new pink.

Today we learn history; Tomorrow we make it.

Tokens

Quote Originally Posted by CjFlame
    You may be right. Everybody who hates on current age music may have a point, but let me ask you this.

Back many decades ago, there were idols. There were superstars who made good music. What did people say when Ray Charles got some spotlight?

No matter how popular a superstar gets, he will never be loved by all even though sometimes it may seem that way. Run DMC was hated for a while, because nobody could comprehend the idea of "rap". No woman would dare act the way Madonna did, and she got heat for it. For how long? She still is by some.

Everybody has their own taste. In your mind, most music this age is ****. Okay, sure. In YOUR eyes. Music talent is based on what there has been. You compare it to historic music. One day this will be history, as well.

My point? Music changes. Artists change. New ones appear. Old ones fizzle.
    Your still not getting my point, today companies such as MTV or whatnot get some fake bimbo with a big rack or nice looking body to come and sing some songs, this bimbo gets all the lyrics written for her, same with the music, and while this is happening she is making millions, I just cant understand how people with no talent what so ever are making these millions. And I doubt this age of music will be history, heres an example: a music video, lets say by green day come out brand new, its on top of the charts for 3 weeks, and is played on the radio constintly for about 4 monthes. After this time period people start to forget about this music video as it is getting old so they want more. But look at the beatles, there music from the 60's is just as fresh as it was when it just came out.

Tokens

OMG IM GOING TO HAVE TO LAY SOME RAP HISTORY DOWN FOR YOU:
    1.Rap started from blues, blues turned into reggae and ragga. ragga+regggae+ blues=R n B then came rap
    2. There are the godfathers of rap: Dr dre, Run DMC, Jam master flash ect.
    3.Some of the greatest writers todate are rappers and rnb artists but the thing is that some people dont understand the words.
    4. Ray Charles Great Man One of the best writers and singers of our time
    PArt Of The Cobra Unit: Habbo

Back: Because trben convinced me into the cobra unit!: Plays Snake Eater!

Click Here For 1GB Free Hosting! Php Included!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Rock bands do write their own lyrics and music. The Beatles are great, but most people have never heard a Beatles song, its just the people who were about in the 60s and 70s who still go on about them. Also drugs may help artists write better songs but it doens't help their health. How do oyu know a song won't be talked baout in the next 40 years, you don't And why not write your own flipping music if you are so fed up with what is produced now, I would like to see that happen!

Tokens

Quote Originally Posted by lil-rarez
    OMG IM GOING TO HAVE TO LAY SOME RAP HISTORY DOWN FOR YOU:
    1.Rap started from blues, blues turned into reggae and ragga. ragga+regggae+ blues=R n B then came rap
    2. There are the godfathers of rap: Dr dre, Run DMC, Jam master flash ect.
    3.Some of the greatest writers todate are rappers and rnb artists but the thing is that some people dont understand the words.
    4. Ray Charles Great Man One of the best writers and singers of our time
    Nah all this rap has no feeling what so ever and ray charles wasnt rap.

Tokens

Quote Originally Posted by Dave.
    Rock bands do write their own lyrics and music. The Beatles are great, but most people have never heard a Beatles song, its just the people who were about in the 60s and 70s who still go on about them. Also drugs may help artists write better songs but it doens't help their health. How do oyu know a song won't be talked baout in the next 40 years, you don't And why not write your own flipping music if you are so fed up with what is produced now, I would like to see that happen!
    Alot have people have heard a beatle song, it would be ignorant to say people havnt. And am I from the 60's or 70's? No, and you dont need to be from that time to listen to that music, I know drugs affect health but they did it anyway to get a vibe, they didnt really care if it was bad for there heath, how can you remember a song from today 40 years from now it you cant even remember what
    a good song was 3 years ago? And I never really brought my talent (if any) into the discussion, Im saying people in general if you actuallly read my starting post.

:Illusion - Please don't double post, simply edit your previous post.
    Last edited by :Illusion; 24-02-2005 at 01:51 PM.

Tokens

Quote Originally Posted by lil:quizical:quigly
    Todays music whether it be 'punk' aka green day, 'rap' aka P diddy or whatever thay call him, and all this other **** has got to be one of the worst time of music in the last generation (counting the 1900's). All of todays song contain no
    feeling whatsoever, and there songs are EXTREMELY easy to play if its a rock song. I say there should be some bands who actually know how to play and write music come back to our generation. I want the 60's and 70's back where musicians smoked drugs to get an awesome song (all the greats say drugs helped them in writing songs). If this happens where the world actually gets good music I would be the happiest person alive.

btw I dont do drugs if your wandering that.

/end rant.
    Dam man! Calm ya' passion! We're all entitled to our views, of course, but I disagree... I think a lot of songs these days have feelings and are dam good

Think Safe, Act Safe, Be Safe, Stay Safe

Tokens

Quote Originally Posted by Escalabar
    Dam man! Calm ya' passion! We're all entitled to our views, of course, but I disagree... I think a lot of songs these days have feelings and are dam good
    Justify that answer.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Well your being a bit narrow-minded...

Rap + rock have slowly started to dominate the music industry, but it doesn't mean your nan's gonna be headbanging or breakdancing round her living room, beause she likes what music is produced in her era.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast