HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Default *DEBATE* The Iraq war, right or wrong?

The Iraq war, right or wrong?

Thankyou to Kathryn for suggesting this Debate, via PM

Since the insertion of British soldiers into Iraq in 2003, the number of UK troops killed during operations has risen to 119 (the last casualties being on the 1st October 2006).
    Ever since the war began, questions have been asked as to why the war was started, and whether it was worth it. Now, as more and more soldiers are killed or injured, even those who supported the war feel it time to withdraw are troops from the country.
    So why was the war started in the first place? Iraq was said to have ties with internation terrorism, al-Qaeda and it was suggested that the country was in possession of WMDs, or Weapons of Mass Destruction. On top of that, the
    failure to comply with weapons inspections and disarmament procedures was another reason the war was started. The war was coined, "Operation Iraqi Liberation", as another overall objective was to topple the government who were accused of "repression and brutalisation of its civilian population".
    Even now, over three years on, Tony Blair has said that the soldiers will remain in Iraq until the job there is done (SOURCE).

So what do you think? Was invasion justified? and should we pull troops out of Iraq now? Debate it.

PLEASE NOTE: Be sure to read the Debates Forum rules, before you post. These can be found here. This debate will close on the 24th October 2006.

Benedictus qui venit in nomine Domini

Tokens

I heard on the news that if any soldier over there, that had come in with UK army and all that, and they asked an iraqi citizen why they were over there, wether it was for the wmds or for oil, they always said oil... I dont think it was right, and I dont think its right we're still there... whats it been? like 5 years now>??

I think its right.

Nixt (Forum Moderator) In future, while debating, please provide evidence to back up your points, thanks!
    Last edited by Nixt; 17-10-2006 at 06:03 PM.

Tokens

I think going to Iraq was wrong because we basically double crossed Sadam Hussain, it was the UK and USA who put him in power many years ago ONLY because he would give us cheap oil and in return we gave him weapons of mass destruction and now we've gone to war with them knowing they have them but not telling the public that it was OUR fault for him being there and the weapons and acting all innocent as though we're doing good?
    lol plz.
    xx
    :eusa_danc

Tokens

Latest Awards:

According to some troops, Iraq is hell on earth.

And no, it hasn't been 5 years.
    Last edited by alexxxxx; 17-10-2006 at 05:33 PM.
    goodbye.

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

If we pull out now we lose everything that we've been fighting for. Believe it or not, oil is not the only reason we went there - if it was, we'd have pulled out as soon as we had basic control of the place. At the moment, in Iraq and Afghanistan, the fighting goes on because backers of the extremist leaders are still rebelling and trying to take back control.

However much you say it was wrong to go there in the first place, which is something I personally don't know enough about to say an opinion (as I'm sure most people don't, let alone teens who get their information off conspiracy sites), I don't think that anyone who knows anything about the situation can possibly think that pulling out now would be a good idea.
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Before I continue I would like to say that this is only my oppinion on
    why the British army went to war with Iraq.

As you all know, America started the war, and then the British went in after them. Before they decided to go to Iraq the government of Britain knew that there were alot of people coming over from all over the world because of wars in there countrys. One of the countrys was Iraq.

I believe that one of the governments reason for going into Iraq was so that when a family comes to the UK and says that there is a war going on and that it isnt safe for them to stay there, the government would need to provide them with shelter etc.

So what I believe the Biritish government done was send the British army to Iraq for what ever reason and then when a family or two comes along saying there is a war in my country I dont have protection help us, the government then turns around and says
    Its all ok, we sent the British army there to set the peace you'll be ok.

So in conclusion if you think about it a bit it does actually make some sence, I dont see why we should of got involved, but my oppinion is quite valid in my point of view, what do you think? :eusa_thin

Again this is my view,

From Baris

peace

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingJesus View Post
    If we pull out now we lose everything that we've been fighting for. Believe it or not, oil is not the only reason we went there - if it was, we'd have pulled out as soon as we had basic control of the place. At the moment, in Iraq and Afghanistan, the fighting goes on because backers of the extremist leaders are still rebelling and trying to take back control.

However much you say it was wrong to go there in the first place, which is something I personally don't know enough about to say an opinion (as I'm sure most people don't, let alone teens who get their information off conspiracy sites), I don't think that anyone who knows anything about the situation can possibly think that pulling out now would be a good idea.
    I dont think losing what we've been fighting for is such a bad thing, and it certainly isnt a reason to keep going. If someone gets electricuted trying to get through an electric fence to get a ball on the other side, does that mean someone else has to try to do the same so that his death wont be for nothing?

Im reading a book right now called The Greatest Story Ever Sold about how George Bush and the administration sold the story to go to Iraq. Its pretty detailed about their technique.

We switched over from Osama Bin Laden to Iraq and Saddam, even though Iraq had nothing to do with Al Quida, Osama Bin Laden, WMD's, 9/11, or even terrorism. There were no terrorists in Iraq before the war. Even none of the terrorists on 9/11 were from Iraq. All these terrorists now are people retaliating against Troops, most of it is very disorganized. And for some reason, the reasoning behind the war is always switching. First it was WMDs, (which were never found), then it was control the insurgency, now it's 'Operation Iraqi Freedom' (whatever the hell that means). The administration has never answered why we went to war in a straight answer.

The bombing wont end until we leave. They are bombing us because we are there. Yes, the country might get into a civil war, but that isnt our problem, and it was never our problem to begin with. Why we cant pull out doesnt add up. If we really went to war for the Iraqi people why are 50,000 dead? 2.2% of the population of Iraq has died because of this war.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Undes1rable

Latest Awards:

What has this actually achieved?? Apart from hundreds of soldiers loosing their lifes? Yes, it's easy for them to say "lets go to war", no danger comes to them, any sign of danger and they are taken away to a safe place, meanwhile we're all left here, picking up the pieces. The situation in Iraq won't get any better, especially with interferance from other countries, they need to sort the problems out themselves, instead of us going in and fighting.

Tokens

Wink

[quote=clazlyksmanbits;2373041]I think its right.quote]

I have no idea why you'd think that?

If you ask me, the situation in iraq is exactly the same as what happened in vietnam. A POINTLESS WAR, not on terror,but infact causing terror.
    Civilians reported killed by the military intervention in Iraq is approximately 48914.
    american soldiers are losing thier lives everyday, and for what?
    OIL! AND LOTS OF IT!
    I dont want to cause a fuss, but the occupation of iraq has'nt made anything better for anyone, I mean take for example the iraqi girl whose home was stormed in by a group of american soldiers, who shot everyone of her family member,(this was on a bbc report, u can find the video somewhere on youtube). Because of those few AMERICAN soldiers, she now holds a grudge against every AMERICA.

also, Where did all the money G.W bush promised iraq go to??
    because of that broken promise, new born babies, childeren and the elderly are dying as a result of a lack of hospital needs.
    This just stands by my arguement that the occupation of iraq has caused
    nothing but tears.

(soz about writing sooo much, i just feel strongly about this)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast