HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tokens

Default Are we too friendly with the US?

Hey all
    Do you think we are too friendly with America? Would we have gone into Iraq if Bush hadn't given the order? Should we do what America does?

Overall, is Britain acting as America's poodle?
    Former News Manager & loveable rogue

Tokens

Latest Awards:

The question is, is the british government acting as america's poodle, then yes they are.

You have to remember that america and britain are brothers, apart from the red indians all the people who came to america (found it, ie christopher columbus) were british, so we have that bond/connection.

I do think we need a firmer hand though as america seem to be getting away with a lot of things that are frowned upon.
    I Threw My Pitchfork In Your Haystack Last Night
    Oo Arr Oo Arr.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I believe Tony is sticking up to the US a little, just to increase his power. I don't really think he cares about the country as much as before. I think it's time for a new prime minister.
    So long as the world is a safer place, I don't really mind what goes on

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I don't think the U.S is our friend I think the U.S is the big guy no one wants to upset so in a way they are bullying us into doing stuff ( don't get me wrong I love the country and the people just hate the goverment) Tony Blair needs to stop worrying about what Bush wants to do and start thinking about Britain we may be a small country but we're also a great one we bought many great things to the world the queen, Harry Potter, Football and if we're not careful we're lose what it is to be british.
    Last edited by Dan2nd; 27-11-2006 at 07:15 PM.
    I’ll be a story in your head, but that’s okay, because we’re all stories in the end. Just make it a good one, eh? Because it was, you know. It was the best. A daft old man who stole a magic box and ran away. Did I ever tell you that I stole it? Well, I borrowed it. I always meant to take it back. Oh, that box, Amy, you’ll dream about that box. It’ll never leave you. Big and little at the same time. Brand-new and ancient and the bluest blue ever. And the times we had, eh? Would had…Never had. In your dreams, they’ll still be there. The Doctor and Amy Pond and the days that never came.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

They are too strong, if there wasnt no EU then America would go into every country doing what ever they want as no other country ould of have the power to chalenge them but as you know if for example america goes to war with greece and greece is right then the whole EU will back them up and america cant handle that.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoPat View Post
    They are too strong, if there wasnt no EU then America would go into every country doing what ever they want as no other country ould of have the power to chalenge them but as you know if for example america goes to war with greece and greece is right then the whole EU will back them up and america cant handle that.
    I don't think they have to back them up. I think theres a vote of something with the EU leaders like when we went to Iraq they didn't have to back us because they voted against it
    Last edited by Dan2nd; 28-11-2006 at 09:57 PM.
    I’ll be a story in your head, but that’s okay, because we’re all stories in the end. Just make it a good one, eh? Because it was, you know. It was the best. A daft old man who stole a magic box and ran away. Did I ever tell you that I stole it? Well, I borrowed it. I always meant to take it back. Oh, that box, Amy, you’ll dream about that box. It’ll never leave you. Big and little at the same time. Brand-new and ancient and the bluest blue ever. And the times we had, eh? Would had…Never had. In your dreams, they’ll still be there. The Doctor and Amy Pond and the days that never came.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Don't forget, that if USA were against us there would be war by now

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Dan2nd View Post
    I don't think they have to back them up. I think theres a vote of something with the EU leaders like when we went to Iraq they didn't have to back us because they voted against it
    Yes, but if they found us right then they would back us up.:s

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Neurotic View Post
    Don't forget, that if USA were against us there would be war by now
    And we all know what happens everytime Britain tries to go to war with America....

Tokens

I disagree I think being close to the us is excellent i think it makes our economy and milatary strength stronger with having a ally like the US.

I am a conversative supporter but I still Think blair has done a wonderful job, hes made england a better country and everyone makes mistakes you can't deny that.

I think being so close to the Us lets us remain as one of the super powers if that link goes then meh we won't be as strong.
    Malibu Barbie™

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast