HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Being ethical.

Tokens

Ah, ethics, the base law of all common actions that we do in life. Ethics is broken down into so many sub-catagorys, I can't really say yes to which ethical proportion you mean. If in a general sense, then yes, ethics, I do believe in.

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Liriel View Post
    Ah, ethics, the base law of all common actions that we do in life. Ethics is broken down into so many sub-catagorys, I can't really say yes to which ethical proportion you mean. If in a general sense, then yes, ethics, I do believe in.
    Elaborate on which of the "sub-catagorys[sic]" and "ethical proportion"s you do agree with then, I do so enjoy conversations about such things.
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingJesus View Post
    That's the beauty of Ross' theory, it allows for social and cultural change, based on the individual him/herself. This includes being "forced" to change due to change in where you live, laws or even just personality changes.
    Which would kinda put the catagory in to the relems of being both relative and subjective, since the ethical values we hold are reliave to the society we grow up in, but are still subjective when are situation changes.

Aka we may belive stealing a loaf of bread is unethical as an abosulte value due to are ubringing, if by a turn of fate, you need to steal one so as not to survive are moral opinion then changes ( or is forced to change) becuse the ethical value was subjective, hence are situation changes the ethical values we follow "/ So i think i may have agreed with you all along, at least in genral terms, of how are ethical values and morality is formed, although most likly in less specific and detailed terms as those set out in the Ross' theory.

Ill have to read up on it some time "/

Tokens

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingJesus View Post
    Elaborate on which of the "sub-catagorys[sic]" and "ethical proportion"s you do agree with then, I do so enjoy conversations about such things.
    Ah well, in psychology earlier last week, we were discussing ethical decisions in the health care about life and death decisions, abortions and so on. It's quite interesting to discuss this in a group of people actually willing to debate on it. We must of spent at least three hours going over ever validation of each point, then breaking down those points into right(s) and wrong(s).

We are, at this current time debating about applied ethics. War and Terrorism today. (Lucky me!) :p

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Biseinen View Post
    I was going to take, Ethics, but I decided not too, I really wanted to though because the teacher was really intresting.
    You mean you fancied them? lol. You never discussed Ethics with me..lol.
    You could still take it up I suppose.
    Last edited by GJay; 04-12-2006 at 10:49 AM.
    Nar.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123