HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Tokens

I think Defore should take a leap accross over to Arsenal personally. Their the only top 4 side in need of a Striker.. but I spose United wouldn't mind him.

He needs out of tottenham though, Berbatov & Keane have got their partnership on lock-down right now.

source: thetimesonline.com

"He may be joined by a left winger, central defender and a forward at Tottenham. Nikola Zigic, the Racing Santander forward, is a target to replace Mido, who is for sale. Tottenham’s share price reached 126p last night – compared with 51p last year – fuelling speculation of a takeover."

Ha, I remember Mido being one of the hottest young talents a few years ago.

================================================== ========

source: news.bbc.co.uk

Poland goalkeeper Lukasz Fabianski has joined Arsenal from Legia Warsaw.

The 22-year-old has signed a "long-term" contract for the Gunners for an undisclosed fee.

Fabianski has made four appearances for his country and was voted the Polish league's best goalkeeper for the previous two seasons after.
    The understudy to Celtic's Artur Boruc in the Poland national team will join Jens Lehmann and Manuel Almunia in Arsenal's keeper ranks.
    Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger told the club's official website: "We are pleased to have signed Lukasz Fabianski.

"He is a very good young goalkeeper who will provide good support to our squad.

"He has performed consistently well for Legia Warsaw in recent seasons and was rightfully rewarded with a place in the Polish World Cup squad.
    "Lukasz will be a big asset to our squad and we are looking forward to him joining us for pre-season."

Fabianski said: "I am delighted to be joining Arsenal. They are a great club with many world-class players and I am really looking forward to meeting my new team-mates.

"Arsenal is one of the biggest and best clubs in Europe and I hope that I can help the team win trophies in the future."

I've seen a vid of this guy on YouTube, he does look the biz. A rather flamboyant goalkeeper

source: kumb.com

Club captain Nigel Reo-Coker has handed in a transfer request, it has been confirmed this afternoon.
    Reo-Coker's agent, Tony Finnigan, confirmed that he had become the third player to ask for a move since United's Premiership place was assured a fortnight ago, following the recent requests by Paul Konchesky and John Paintsil.

Talking to SkySports, Finnigan said:

I can confirm that Nigel has officially handed in a transfer request. He hopes his future will be resolved in the next few weeks.

"As I said on Sky Sports in January, Nigel would get his head down and work to keep West Ham in the Premiership. That is exactly what he did.

"At the end of the day he never felt wanted but I am sure he will have a bright future elsewhere - although I am surprised that a 22-year-old Londoner who is captain of his club is being allowed to leave."

Reo-Coker's last 12 months at Upton Park have been little short of a disaster. He first fell foul of the club's supporters when cupping his hand to his ears after prodding home the winning goal against Manchester United - an action deemed as a direct attack on fans who had criticised him (justifiably) for his awful early-season form.

In October it was confirmed that an August deadline-day transfer enquiry from an unnamed club had been rejected by the Hammers without Reo-Coker being notified - thought by many to be the root of his issues.

In December the odious Finnigan claimed that Reo-Coker had received hate mail from United fans - a charge which was subsequently amended to refer to one letter the player had received via the Chadwell Heath training ground mail.

Some weeks later Finnigan claimed that the England under-21 captain had been the victim of racist abuse from home fans - once again, a claim without any evidence.

Most recently Reo-Coker laughed when asked by the BBC whether he would be playing for West Ham in the 07/08 before claiming that he had saved the club from relegation; a step too far for many United supporters who by now had simply had enough of the antics of Reo-Coker and his unscrupulous representative.

Man Utd maybe?
    leave your name when you rep me please.

Tokens

source: timesonline.co.uk

Pennant is granted stay of execution as BenÍtez wields axe

It is a sign of the progress that Jermaine Pennant has made at Liverpool in recent months that when Rafael BenÍtez was spelling out his vision for the future of the club after their Champions League final defeat by AC Milan, the winger was resting easier than some around him.

Had the manager’s call for change come midway through the season, Pennant might have had serious cause to worry about his future at Anfield, but as others were hastened towards the exit yesterday, it appears that the improvement in the 24-year-old’s form has won him a reprieve.

Pennant is some way off being an integral member of BenÍtez’s team and the player acknowledged as he left the Olympic Stadium in Athens on Wednesday night that he will have to reproduce the form he showed in the first half against Milan on a consistent basis to achieve that status, but having looked out of his depth during the first months of the season, recent signs have been more encouraging.

Surprisingly, Pennant made more appearances – 52 – than any other Liverpool player this term, although the fact that he started in only 33 of those matches and managed only one goal – albeit a cracker against Chelsea – emphasises that there is plenty of room for improvement.
    It is also why you would not hear Marek Jankulovski, the Milan left back, trumpeting the talents of Pennant above Cristiano Ronaldo, even though the Liverpool winger gave him a far tougher time in the final than the Portuguese did for Manchester United in the semi-final, second leg at the San Siro.

With the exception of Dirk Kuyt, Pennant has been the best of the signings BenÍtez made last summer, but while that might not mean much, with Mark González and Craig Bellamy on their way out – with Aston Villa preparing an £8 million bid for the latter, in the face of competition from West Ham United and Blackburn Rovers – and Gabriel Paletta and Fabio Aurélio having made next to no impact, there are grounds for optimism.

The most obvious thing lacking is a goal threat – Morten Gamst Pedersen, a possible target for BenÍtez this summer, scored eight times for Blackburn from the flanks, while Ronaldo claimed 23 goals for United – but Pennant’s crossing is improving, he does not dribble down as many blind alleys as he used to and his newfound maturity has made a refreshing change to the controversies of the past.

An England call-up cannot be ruled out and would provide another boost to Pennant’s confidence, even if his focus is on Liverpool. “I admit I was getting a bit of bad press at first and the fans got on my back a bit and it was hard to deal with, but as soon as you get some games under your belt and you start playing well you gain in confidence,” he said.

“I had to adapt to a new manager, new players, the expectations of the fans, but in the second half of the season I think I’ve come into my own. I think I’ve shown what I am capable of and starting in the Champions League final must show that, in the boss’s eyes, I’m doing something right. I feel I have matured so much since I came to Liverpool. I needed to do that and now I am.”

BenÍtez, nonetheless, is on the search for a new winger. But while one of the priorities is to offload Bellamy, even if the club have to lower their £12 million valuation of the Wales striker, the manager is keen to move quickly. David Silva, of Valencia, is under consideration and reports in France hint at interest in Florent Malouda, of Lyons.

- Uefa’s corporate sponsors have denied that some of their Champions League final tickets ended up on the black market in Athens on Wednesday. “It’s highly unlikely,” a spokesman for Vodafone said. “They were in such demand. They were used to entertain business contacts and each one was hosted by someone from Vodafone.”

================================================== =======

Good on him
    Last edited by Hoodstar; 26-05-2007 at 07:23 PM.

Tokens

source: arsenal.com

Keeper Mart Poom transferred to Watford

Mart Poom has joined Watford in a permanent deal for an undisclosed fee.
    The Estonian stopper, who has made 112 international appearances for his country, joined Arsenal from Sunderland in August 2005. Initially it was a loan deal but the move was made permanent the following January.

Poom, 35, made two first team appearances during his time with Arsenal, making his Premiership debut for the Gunners in the last game of the season at Portsmouth.

Everyone at Arsenal would like to thank Mart for his contribution during his time with the Club and wish him the best of luck with Watford.

About time.. Poom was a legend for Derby back in their premiership days ;]

Edited by Rafael (Super Moderator): Please don't double post.
    Last edited by Tristan; 29-05-2007 at 05:24 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

No offence but I don't think you need to c&p everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nain View Post
    i voted 'Not Sure' as im, not sure!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

we've been linked with a move for dougie freedman.. dunno how good he is though nowadays.

Tokens

lol, aint Dougie Freedmen like 30 odd? Bit of a hero I seem to remember.

================================================== ========================

source: teamtalk.com
    Ahmed completes Tranmere deal

Adnan Ahmed has signed for League One rivals Tranmere on a two-year deal after he was released by new Huddersfield boss Andy Richie.

The 22-year-old was one of seven players released by the Terriers at the end of the season and the first to find a new club.

Ahmed, a graduate of the Town academy, said: "This is a new challenge for me and I can't wait for next season.

"Tranmere seems a really positive place and it seems like the club for me."
    The talented midfielder, who made his first-team debut for Huddersfield as an 18-year-old against Rochdale in September 2003, has made only 10 appearances for the Terriers this season following a series of injuries.

Tokens

source: bbc.co.uk

Liverpool striker Peter Crouch has been told by manager Rafael Benitez that he has a future at the club.

The 26-year-old has been linked with a move away from Anfield as Benitez rebuilds his team over the summer.

But Crouch said: "Benitez told me I'm part of his plans and that's good enough for me. I'll relax over the summer and come back hungry for more.
    "At Liverpool there's going to be competition for places, especially as the manager likes to chop and change."

The tall striker joined Liverpool from Southampton for £7m in July 2005 and has scored 17 goals in 46 Premiership appearances.

Crouch came on as a substitute in the Champions League final against AC Milan and is currently training with the England squad ahead of their games with Brazil and Estonia.

The 26-year-old was competing with Dirk Kuyt, Craig Bellamy and Robbie Fowler for a starting berth at Liverpool last season.

Fowler has not been offered a new deal while Bellamy has been strongly linked with a move away from the club as Benitez rebuilds the Reds.

The Spanish coach is expected to spend heavily in the summer following the takeover of the club by American duo George Gillett and Tom Hicks.

"Benitez is going to bring top class players in so you always have to be on your toes," added Crouch.

Tokens

Northern Ireland striker David Healy is reported to be joining Fulham later this week in a £1m move from relegated Leeds United.

Fulham boss Lawrie Sanchez was a big admirer of the 27-year-old during his time as Northern Ireland manager.

Sanchez said in January that he was stunned a Premiership club had not come in for the former Preston player.

Northern Ireland and Aston Villa pair Aaron Hughes and Steve Davis are also targets for Sanchez.

Defender Hughes and midfielder Davis struggled to hold down a regular place at Villa Park last season.

Healy had been linked with a move to Rangers and it is believed Marseille, CSKA Moscow and Galatasaray made offers for the forward.
    Healy has been prolific for his county and he is the record scorer, with 29 goals in 56 games.

However, he has failed to replicate his international heroics for Leeds.
    United have been suspended from trading in the transfer market until Friday after going into administration and Healy is expected to complete the switch soon after.

"If I was a Premiership boss he would certainly be a player I would look at if goalscoring was a problem," Sanchez said in January.
    "I've no doubt if he got the chance to play at the top level he would score goals at the top level.

"His strike rate for Northern Ireland is ridiculous - it's not far off one in two and he doesn't just score against the Latvias of this world.
    "I could pick out a weakness in every player from Andriy Shevchenko on - but you don't look at weaknesses when strengths far outnumber them, as they do with David.

"And his main strength is simple - he scores goals."
    Sanchez's comments on Healy angered Leeds boss and former Wimbledon team-mate Dennis Wise.

"I'm fed up with him saying how he can't believe how no-one has come in for David Healy," said Wise.

Tokens
    Habbo
    cjw93

Latest Awards:

Brentford sign Glen Poole
    source: myspace
    Used to be GraysAthChaz

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Hoodstar View Post

Northern Ireland striker David Healy is reported to be joining Fulham later this week in a £1m move from relegated Leeds United.

Fulham boss Lawrie Sanchez was a big admirer of the 27-year-old during his time as Northern Ireland manager.

Sanchez said in January that he was stunned a Premiership club had not come in for the former Preston player.

Northern Ireland and Aston Villa pair Aaron Hughes and Steve Davis are also targets for Sanchez.

Defender Hughes and midfielder Davis struggled to hold down a regular place at Villa Park last season.

Healy had been linked with a move to Rangers and it is believed Marseille, CSKA Moscow and Galatasaray made offers for the forward.
    Healy has been prolific for his county and he is the record scorer, with 29 goals in 56 games.

However, he has failed to replicate his international heroics for Leeds.
    United have been suspended from trading in the transfer market until Friday after going into administration and Healy is expected to complete the switch soon after.

"If I was a Premiership boss he would certainly be a player I would look at if goalscoring was a problem," Sanchez said in January.
    "I've no doubt if he got the chance to play at the top level he would score goals at the top level.

"His strike rate for Northern Ireland is ridiculous - it's not far off one in two and he doesn't just score against the Latvias of this world.
    "I could pick out a weakness in every player from Andriy Shevchenko on - but you don't look at weaknesses when strengths far outnumber them, as they do with David.

"And his main strength is simple - he scores goals."
    Sanchez's comments on Healy angered Leeds boss and former Wimbledon team-mate Dennis Wise.

"I'm fed up with him saying how he can't believe how no-one has come in for David Healy," said Wise.

yeh we'll soon see if he lives up to the expectation in the prem
    i wouldnt bank on it tbh

JPT Champions 08-09
    We're Luton Town Fc

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast