HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    ---MAD---

Latest Awards:

Arrow Aid - Is it fast and effective enough? - [Closes 24/06/07]

Many countries these days are in need of some sort of Aid. Whether its food or shelter, the population is dependent on the aid given to the countries and set up by organisations.

Is aid getting to places in need fast enough? Is it doing the job properly and efficiently? How can it be improved?

Enjoy the debate .
    Last edited by ---MAD---; 24-05-2007 at 10:18 AM.
    ---MAD---

Tokens

I'm not 100% sure on this but, i've been out to Uganda and compared to alot places, where i went was fairly well off, but i heard alot about corrupt goverments, and it is something you hear about, so personally I think It's down to the goverments, but getting rid of them would be difficult, cos it may start conflicts.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

depends what type of aid it is.. cause sometimes if the large countries give aid, they always want something in return.

so sometimes it can be effective, but sometimes it can damage a country in the long run.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

it can be effective if worked properly but when food etc. leave this country how do we know where its going and if it gets there?
    Next match: Ipswich (H) Sunday 4th November, 12.45pm.
    ta very much; esurient
    myspace

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Very little countries need country-wide aid nowadays, it is mainly villages in Africa, parts of South America that are in need of real aid. For shelter, food & education. The main problem in places like South Africa is domestic fighting, with militant camps that take villages hostage and stuff, you know how you see out of the movies a truck full of armed men goes through the village and shoots people / takes them away to join the camp. That causes a lot of problems in places like these, but that's only the first problem.

In my opinion the Governments should be focusing on local terrorists / militants to get rid of, do this & we are a step closer to actually being able to help them Aid wise. Our family sponsers 2 childen via World Vision, we've had quite a few in the past but unfortunatly they were little children who passed away because of lack of food etc. Aid is extremely helpful, I don't think it's very fast though, look at Indianesian Tsunami, Hurricane Katrina, Inisfail Hurricane, all these were mass disasters and yet still some of the situations it took weeks and months till the Government knew what
    it was doing.

Tokens
    Habbo
    ---MAD---

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Aight. View Post
    Very little countries need country-wide aid nowadays, it is mainly villages in Africa, parts of South America that are in need of real aid. For shelter, food & education. The main problem in places like South Africa is domestic fighting, with militant camps that take villages hostage and stuff, you know how you see out of the movies a truck full of armed men goes through the village and shoots people / takes them away to join the camp. That causes a lot of problems in places like these, but that's only the first problem.

In my opinion the Governments should be focusing on local terrorists / militants to get rid of, do this & we are a step closer to actually being able to help them Aid wise. Our family sponsers 2 childen via World Vision, we've had quite a few in the past but unfortunatly they were little children who passed away because of lack of food etc. Aid is extremely helpful, I don't think it's very fast though, look at Indianesian Tsunami, Hurricane Katrina, Inisfail Hurricane, all these were mass disasters and yet still some of the situations it took weeks and months till the Government knew what
    it was doing.
    Yeah thats very true. In America, it took the goverment ages and ages to do anything about the cities and towns that were hit and they may still have done very little. Just shows how much they care about their own citizens.
    ---MAD---

Tokens

Latest Awards:

It's not as they didn't care, just the fact they didn't think it was a crisis. The army was there, but not under George W Bush's orders, he rocked up 2 weeks or so after the disaster happned. Half the damn people were still in the Superbowl waiting for rescue.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I dont really know how this can be deabated since is a very wide issue, sometimes alot of aid gets places fast and works well, othertimes its to slow, unabale to reach where it needs to, and completyely ineffective. It chanegs depending on the situation.

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

No we need to train them mostly so they can stand on their own two feet but as I strongly believe, our country should be sorted first.

Tokens

Aid is such a controversial subject. There are so many ways you can speak about it. There are such branches like Christian Aid which helps the poorest communities. I believe that is effective.
    "A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast