HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: British Culture

Tokens

Default British Culture

is winding me up a bit, we have a lot of extreme right-wing people in this country, who are pro-privatizations and say alot of things that are just damn right crazy.

I think the NEWS is a very important thing in the UK but it is done wrong.

Example. ITV News, it was just after the Tsunami thousands and thousands of people died, and ITV decided to do a special report from Bostcastle. What hapened there? At worst a few people lost their shops and houses, injuries: one broken thumb. The choice was between two floods, one horific, and one not-great, and they chose the mediocre of the two. Then they cut to people who had opinions on the matter [paraphrased] "I think its outrageous that we are sending all this money abroad it should be kept in this country to help those from Boscaslte" I was like soz, those people in the tsnumai were poor, have no assets and alot died, children were orphaned. This is one mistake I think has been made by people of the UK.

Another example is the Over-hype and coverage of the whole "Find Madeline" fiasco. It's been going on for weeks now, and its one child. The people who tie yellow ribbons to fences arent getting anywhere, alot of the stuff is pointless and not at all practical. Ofcourse its devistating, but there are wars going on, there is famine across many regions of the world, there are natural disasters that affect BILLIONS and we give a hell of a lot of money in aid of finding one girl, who is probably dead, to be blunt. This coverage is all because the parents can afford it, and its a form of elitism, where only the richest survive, and only the richest can afford to find missing daughters.

Which brings me onto my next point which is privatisation. I disagree totally with privatisation as it is just the cause of a bigger divide between the rich and the poor. An example is the continuation of people wanting to privatise the NHS, but this would mean on the richest could survive, and only the richest could afford appointments, check-ups, and other vital things such as dental care. Don't get me wrong, Im not patriotic, I disagree with patriotisism because it leads to racism and countries believing that another is superior or inferior to another, BUT I honestly thing that the NHS is what makes Britain "Great Britain".

Comments?
    pm me for msypace and stuff yeh?

sim
    xo

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I agree totally.

First point is a bit old though

But yeah the Madeleine thing isnt stupid, but it is a bit OTT, they aren't going to find her in this country thats for sure, but there are other children who go missing too. Anyway why should we help her NEGLECTIVE parents.

I dont care if I get -repped for my opinion on that either, so -Rep ahead.

Privatisation of the NHS will only happen under a Conservative government, which I hate to say is probably going to happen.
    "You live more riding bikes like these for 5 minutes than most people do in their entire lives"

RIP Marco Simoncelli ~ 1987 - 2011
    Previous Habbox Roles: Shows Manager, Help Desk Manager, Forum Moderator, Forum Super Moderator, Assistant Forum Manager, Forum Manager, Assistant General Manager (Staff), General Manager.

Retired from Habbox May 2011

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by sim View Post
    is winding me up a bit, we have a lot of extreme right-wing people in this country, who are pro-privatizations and say alot of things that are just damn right crazy.

Example. ITV News, it was just after the Tsunami thousands and thousands of people died, and ITV decided to do a special report from Bostcastle. What hapened there? At worst a few people lost their shops and houses, injuries: one broken thumb. The choice was between two floods, one horific, and one not-great, and they chose the mediocre of the two. Then they cut to people who had opinions on the matter [paraphrased] "I think its outrageous that we are sending all this money abroad it should be kept in this country to help those from Boscaslte" I was like soz, those people in the tsnumai were poor, have no assets and alot died, children were orphaned. This is one mistake I think has been made by people of the UK.

Another example is the Over-hype and coverage of the whole "Find Madeline" fiasco. It's been going on for weeks now, and its one child. The people who tie yellow ribbons to fences arent getting anywhere, alot of the stuff is pointless and not at all practical. Ofcourse its devistating, but there are wars going on, there is famine across many regions of the world, there are natural disasters that affect BILLIONS and we give a hell of a lot of money in aid of finding one girl, who is probably dead, to be blunt. This coverage is all because the parents can afford it, and its a form of elitism, where only the richest survive, and only the richest can afford to find missing daughters.

Which brings me onto my next point which is privatisation. I disagree totally with privatisation as it is just the cause of a bigger divide between the rich and the poor. An example is the continuation of people wanting to privatise the NHS, but this would mean on the richest could survive, and only the richest could afford appointments, check-ups, and other vital things such as dental care. Don't get me wrong, Im not patriotic, I disagree with patriotisism because it leads to racism and countries believing that another is superior or inferior to another, BUT I honestly thing that the NHS is what makes Britain "Great Britain".

Comments?
    We should sort our own country out first, so if one of our citys get flooded then we should repair that before we even start thinking about repairing foreign countrys.

Also privatisation is a good thing, NHS is in meltdown due to it being run by poor management and we splash billions on it and it's all wasted.

In America the poor people get help with paying for their health care, they are not left to die.

Tokens

Quote Originally Posted by invincible View Post
    I agree totally.

First point is a bit old though

But yeah the Madeleine thing isnt stupid, but it is a bit OTT, they aren't going to find her in this country thats for sure, but there are other children who go missing too. Anyway why should we help her NEGLECTIVE parents.

I dont care if I get -repped for my opinion on that either, so -Rep ahead.

Privatisation of the NHS will only happen under a Conservative government, which I hate to say is probably going to happen.
    I +rep people who have opinions =]. Mixed views there, I think the parents wre a bit neglective too! Good point, and I don't think there will be a conservative gonverment. Labour/Lib-Dem coalition is higly likely.

Quote Originally Posted by -:Undertaker:- View Post
    We should sort our own country out first, so if one of our citys get flooded then we should repair that before we even start thinking about repairing foreign countrys.

Also privatisation is a good thing, NHS is in meltdown due to it being run by poor management and we splash billions on it and it's all wasted.

In America the poor people get help with paying for their health care, they are not left to die.
    You raise a good point, but tbh I think this country manages, and maybe there isn't the need for so many British only funds. Privitasation would mean some people inveitably can't afford health-care though, no matter how bad the NHS is. Example is in Halrem in the US. Its one of the most economically developed countries, but it has one of the lowest life expentancies due to privitastion of health.
    pm me for msypace and stuff yeh?

sim
    xo

Tokens

Latest Awards:

The only people the NHS is unfair on is old people waiting for operations.

But hardly anybody waits that long they die.

If you need emergency medical treatment in this country, you can get it, and I wouldn't call that a bad NHS, in America, if you get hit by a car you get taken to hospital, woken up and it's like "Thats $4000 please Sir" before you can even ask where you are. Yes, poor people get help for health service in America, but they can only afford the crappiest hospitals. Tbh I think the NHS is rather good.

How is a Conservative government not likely? People seem to LOVE David Cameron, unless Gordon Brown makes a HUGGE impact on this country, we're going into the hands of the Tories.
    "You live more riding bikes like these for 5 minutes than most people do in their entire lives"

Previous Habbox Roles: Shows Manager, Help Desk Manager, Forum Moderator, Forum Super Moderator, Assistant Forum Manager, Forum Manager, Assistant General Manager (Staff), General Manager.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Way to much money gone into that little girl, police are doing everything they can to find her, whats buying a yellow ribbon going to do? :| Lots of normal kids go missing everyday and it doesn't even make the news....

Another thing is we send money out to all these country's that has homeless people and ill people or w.e but England has sick people too, my Dad had to wait well over 6 months to get his back scanned so they could see how bad it was, it was quit painful for him since nothing could be done until he got the scan. what I'm trying to say is that if England had more money and didn't give it to other country's it could build more hospitals and help the homeless here and help the poor family's here!

Charity starts at home I say

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Digital View Post
    Lots of normal kids go missing everyday and it doesn't even make the news....

EXACTLY!

I have given out too much rep in the past 24 hours, but remind me to +rep you for that!!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by sim View Post

Comments?
    I cant really see what thats got to do with british culture.. which primarly seems to consist of binge drinking o.0 but still i agree with alot of it. Im a bit of a socalist at heart, i much prefer the old labor style values to the xorex copy goverments we now have, New labor and conservatives have become the same thing, if you didnt notice, all they seem to cair about is populatry rather than actualy doing something useful with the countary or haveing a decent policy that will actualy do some good.

I dont belive the NHS should be privatised, back before most of birtains industry was privatised it self sustaining, are large coal/steel industry (govement run before privatison) was makeing profit, which then payed for the great majorty of the NHS and other industry that went, meaing there were lots of jobs, and a much bigger loss of money all round... thatcher did a good hatchet job on that one...

The NHS though is still the most important thing, and a great part of the birtish wellfair state, i personaly prefer the ideolgy we should look out for each other, to one where we all just free for all it, as in the "the poor die in the gutter and the rich live in castles" system that some seem to want.

The NHS is also vital for our econemy, being the BIGGEST employer in eurpoe, if it gets privatised remove, think how many jobs will be at risk.. and massive unempoliment rates are NOT a good for a countary.

issues with the Media arnt really anything to do with the goverment or how its run, its just an issue of tabloid style news reporting, the aims to sell papers and maximise viewers, thats all, they dont do it to be nice, only to make money, the BBC is the only news channel that doesnt have moeny as its inccentive and actualy aims to be helpful to people (BBC is another insitution i think should stay)

Anyway, this is getting increasingly rambling and incohrient so im gona stop now, but long story short, i agree with alot of that.

Digital: the money that went towards your dads scan would likely have been enough to save the life for a few 100 children, so although you, for obvious reasons care more about your dads health, its still an idea to keep some prospective.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

British culture doesn't exist anymore, we have political correctness. Soon the monarchy, the NHS, left side driving, the pound, national holidays and beliefs will all be gone and we will just be mini-America.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I agree, we cant do much here and she isnt the only girl missing, ofcourse we shouldnt just not give a toss but people are going over the top.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast