HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Tokens

Quote Originally Posted by --ss-- View Post
    For some weird reason tables confuse me and I really don't understand how people can code big layouts with them (By code I mean actually type it out by scratch instead of getting dream weaver to do it for you)
    Well... it's not as complicated as you might think Generally speaking I use the Tab button a lot so the spacing helps things to make sense. As for the dreamweaver thing I personally can't stand it! I guess the fact that I've been using HTML practically forever helps things too... but like Zedtu said, it is very much a matter of opinion/preference.

Quote Originally Posted by --ss-- View Post
    I don't actually understand what you mean break the browser/ stretch it as it can easily be solved by putting the div's into one main container div , Just like I have done here
    http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=451601
    Basically what I meant was that for instance if you have a 3 column CSS layout that uses float and margins and you resize the browser, at some point the layout will [generally] 'break'. What I mean by this is that either the layout becomes distorted, or one of the columns jumps down below the other two because it just won't fit anymore... Anyway, just something I've found from some personal experiences.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Very nice tut, wd.

Tokens

Not many people have 500x300 screens though, as time progresses more people have bigger monitors.

If you make the website work in 800x600 that is generally accepted, as that is usually the lowest people have now days, not counting mobile/smartphone screens.

I have a 1280x1024, so most things work for me.

Tokens

Quote Originally Posted by Zedtu View Post
    Not many people have 500x300 screens though, as time progresses more people have bigger monitors.

If you make the website work in 800x600 that is generally accepted, as that is usually the lowest people have now days, not counting mobile/smartphone screens.

I have a 1280x1024, so most things work for me.
    Yes indeed that is true, but it never hurts to be over-prepared

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Scriptz View Post
    Well... it's not as complicated as you might think Generally speaking I use the Tab button a lot so the spacing helps things to make sense. As for the dreamweaver thing I personally can't stand it! I guess the fact that I've been using HTML practically forever helps things too... but like Zedtu said, it is very much a matter of opinion/preference.

Basically what I meant was that for instance if you have a 3 column CSS layout that uses float and margins and you resize the browser, at some point the layout will [generally] 'break'. What I mean by this is that either the layout becomes distorted, or one of the columns jumps down below the other two because it just won't fit anymore... Anyway, just something I've found from some personal experiences.
    There's an simple fix to this , Use the min-height and min-width attributes?
    Anyway I really like your portfolio site and the radio panel.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Really nice.. I wanted to +rep you, but i can't atm.. I need to spread some more

Tokens

Latest Awards:

And you need rep power, the thought that counts though

On topic:

Nice tutorial, it's better stickied here as it's more important than the other tutorials. I didn't know how to do this before so I was using tables .
    Chippiewill.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Good tutorial. Very well explained. Most people run into coding thinking it's going to be so hard but really it can be so simple, you just explained it

Tokens

Awesome tut!

Helped me out a lot.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Good practice to include stuff you should either use one 'require', seeing as instead of giving a warning it is fatal which you want, because you want to know when a page is broken etc. or you should use file_get_contents(), like this..
    PHP Code:
    <?php

file_get_contents
    ("content/main.txt");

?>
    Its simply better than includes, includes are nice, but not ideal.
    How could this hapen to meeeeeeeeeeeeeee?lol.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast