HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Tokens

Quote Originally Posted by 9y View Post
    Crazy prices, But i pay the same amounts for comp parts. So its understandable, some look really good tho!
    scott ur so sad. (but i do too)
    Faye Scott Amy Taylor Kevin Ryan Matt

Top Male Celeb '09 - George Lamb
    Top Female Celeb '09 - Lily Allen

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by RedStratocas View Post
    i recommend shure mics. they're cheap and work great.

lol, if you can find mic clips im sure they arent very expensive. they're just pieces of plastic.
    Hey,

I actually do alot of band recording and i would advise,

SM58's for Vox
    SM57 for snare drums/ guitar

With guitar you have 2 options. Straight line out then in editing process add reverb ect. Or a nice around 1 inch away. I prefer this method as the sound is alot lot more realistic. AKG c1000s for drum over heads i would have x 2 overheads 1 for right 1 for left. Bass drum i would go with a shenhizer one, not sure about what model i use but i fond theres better than shure. For toms on drums i would either go with some SM57's again or go for some drum mics from shure. Bass i would personally take a line out for that. I always fine with a bass as the frequency is so so low it is a bastered to record properly using mics.

On the vox if your doing live SM58 as i said but if your justt recording i would use a large diaphragm mic such as some of the RODE mics and then have a pop shield. Keyboard if you have any do a line out again.

This is the most basic of setups and would do great for live and recording. If you just wanna record you can add another few SM57's in if you want it to sound better like under snare ect. Mixer wise i myself would still go analogue. I know digital should be the way to go but i myself think analogue produces a better sound. Then for recording straight into a Motu or a m- aduio audio interface and record on something like protools.

You can then do stuff like reverb it, compress and eq then once full done master it.

For a 58 your looking arround £70 - £80. a c1000s around £80 - £100. The 57 will be arround £80 as well. Then if your going rode for vocals its around £200 for one of there nice large diaphram mics.

If you want any more on this please do pm or talk here.
    Last edited by Hayd93; 08-02-2009 at 01:41 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by 9y View Post
    Crazy prices, But i pay the same amounts for comp parts. So its understandable, some look really good tho!
    We all pay the price for stuff we enjoy
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayd93 View Post
    Hey,

I actually do alot of band recording and i would advise,

SM58's for Vox
    SM57 for snare drums/ guitar

With guitar you have 2 options. Straight line out then in editing process add reverb ect. Or a nice around 1 inch away. I prefer this method as the sound is alot lot more realistic. AKG c1000s for drum over heads i would have x 2 overheads 1 for right 1 for left. Bass drum i would go with a shenhizer one, not sure about what model i use but i fond theres better than shure. For toms on drums i would either go with some SM57's again or go for some drum mics from shure. Bass i would personally take a line out for that. I always fine with a bass as the frequency is so so low it is a bastered to record properly using mics.

On the vox if your doing live SM58 as i said but if your justt recording i would use a large diaphragm mic such as some of the RODE mics and then have a pop shield. Keyboard if you have any do a line out again.

This is the most basic of setups and would do great for live and recording. If you just wanna record you can add another few SM57's in if you want it to sound better like under snare ect. Mixer wise i myself would still go analogue. I know digital should be the way to go but i myself think analogue produces a better sound. Then for recording straight into a Motu or a m- aduio audio interface and record on something like protools.

You can then do stuff like reverb it, compress and eq then once full done master it.

For a 58 your looking arround £70 - £80. a c1000s around £80 - £100. The 57 will be arround £80 as well. Then if your going rode for vocals its around £200 for one of there nice large diaphram mics.

If you want any more on this please do pm or talk here.
    Thanks man.
    1. Jeremy 1129 up, 295 downA named based on the biblical name Jeremiah. Used as a name for children who are blessed with a large brain and/or penis. Also used as a replacement for "perfect".
    We had a child and it had a very large penis so we named it Jeremy.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by 5,5 View Post
    We all pay the price for stuff we enjoy

Thanks man.
    Glad my knowledge comes in useful now and again. I do music technology as well as doing stuff like sound for concerts out of school so i know a fair bit on mic choices ect.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Nothing good.. Quite big images...

Shotgun mic...

turntables..

Guitars...

Pc amp..

Main mic on custom mic pulley and other mic on mic arm...

PC speakers sorry the mess i was chucking rubish from desk onto floor when doing mic pulley and aint picked up yet..

Thanks Jamie

Tokens

Latest Awards:

nice setup jamie
    1. Jeremy 1129 up, 295 downA named based on the biblical name Jeremiah. Used as a name for children who are blessed with a large brain and/or penis. Also used as a replacement for "perfect".

Tokens

I use a Gretsch Catalina Club Mod drumkit. I got it a few weeks ago because I seriously love small, 4 piece drumkits (bass drum, snare, rack tom and floor tom) and I really wanted a smaller rack tom that;

1) could be attached to a cymbal/boom stand via the GPS suspension system rather than coming out of the bass drum, because it means I can place my ride cymbal over the bass drum if you get me?

and 2) could be nearly as low as my snare drum because I find it easier & more comfortable to play when it's like that.

It's only my second kit (my old was a CB starter kit haha) and I got it for £410 online. I didn't know much about Gretsch kits until I bought it, then I realised it was actually just a few places away from the bottom when it came to price range

Pearl P902 Double-bass pedal (doesn't mean I'm good at it )
    Zildjian ZBT Hi-Hats
    18" Zildjian Crash ride
    16" Zildjian ZXT Total China
    16" Zildjian Bronze

I can't remember if the last one is correct, I bought it from my drum teacher & he used to use it as a kid and they've stopped making them apparently. It sounds amazing though

Sorry for the essay haha.

Also a quick question; what's the best place to get cases in the UK for my drumkit? I've tried the local music shops + google, but I can't find a bass drum case that's 22" by 20" And I can't afford to get them seperately, only in sets, so preferably I need cases that are designed for the kit?

Thanks.
    We Are Kl.

Tokens

Quote Originally Posted by 5,5 View Post
    I wanna do exactly like this. But a different song. Btw watch the whole thing, its pretty sick how he does this.
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=fiAb1HuiHyA
    That guy's immense haha. Just watched his Sum 41 cover and about to watch his a7x covers

And that kit sounds well nice?
    We Are Kl.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

My new setup

Fender Stratocaster (American Standard)

(yes, i've fallen in love with it )

Epiphone Les Paul Custom

(Debating weather or not to sell it)

Marshal DSL-401 Tube Amplifier

Takamine G-Series Accoustic

Line6 Pod UX1 Recording Interface

Bonus Shots :8

Any questions feel free to ask

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Skaboy15 View Post
    I use a Gretsch Catalina Club Mod drumkit. I got it a few weeks ago because I seriously love small, 4 piece drumkits (bass drum, snare, rack tom and floor tom) and I really wanted a smaller rack tom that;

1) could be attached to a cymbal/boom stand via the GPS suspension system rather than coming out of the bass drum, because it means I can place my ride cymbal over the bass drum if you get me?

and 2) could be nearly as low as my snare drum because I find it easier & more comfortable to play when it's like that.

It's only my second kit (my old was a CB starter kit haha) and I got it for £410 online. I didn't know much about Gretsch kits until I bought it, then I realised it was actually just a few places away from the bottom when it came to price range

Pearl P902 Double-bass pedal (doesn't mean I'm good at it )
    Zildjian ZBT Hi-Hats
    18" Zildjian Crash ride
    16" Zildjian ZXT Total China
    16" Zildjian Bronze

I can't remember if the last one is correct, I bought it from my drum teacher & he used to use it as a kid and they've stopped making them apparently. It sounds amazing though

Sorry for the essay haha.

Also a quick question; what's the best place to get cases in the UK for my drumkit? I've tried the local music shops + google, but I can't find a bass drum case that's 22" by 20" And I can't afford to get them seperately, only in sets, so preferably I need cases that are designed for the kit?

Thanks.
    Nice to see another drummer on here .
    Thats really a great kit you got, Im sure it sounds amazing. Yeah I love to play 4 piece sets. I actually just changed my set today to a 4 piece. 15" Rack 18" Floor with 24" Bass and 14" snare. Huge toms haha. As far as cases I dunno where to buy from in the UK cause Im american but remember that as far as gigging out and whatnot, hard cases are better because they protect your gear a lot better.

Quote Originally Posted by Skaboy15 View Post
    That guy's immense haha. Just watched his Sum 41 cover and about to watch his a7x covers

And that kit sounds well nice?
    Yeah If you watch his newer covers he got endorsed by even more companies and now has a custom made kit. I think it sounds even better than his old yammy.

Quote Originally Posted by Andys View Post
    My new setup

Fender Stratocaster (American Standard)

(yes, i've fallen in love with it )

Epiphone Les Paul Custom

(Debating weather or not to sell it)

Marshal DSL-401 Tube Amplifier

Takamine G-Series Accoustic

Line6 Pod UX1 Recording Interface

Bonus Shots :8

Any questions feel free to ask
    Wow, youve got a really great selection of gear there. Does your band have a myspace? Wouldnt mind checking you guys out

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast