HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
    Tokens

Quote Originally Posted by 5,5
    Nice to see another drummer on here .
    Thats really a great kit you got, Im sure it sounds amazing. Yeah I love to play 4 piece sets. I actually just changed my set today to a 4 piece. 15" Rack 18" Floor with 24" Bass and 14" snare. Huge toms haha. As far as cases I dunno where to buy from in the UK cause Im american but remember that as far as gigging out and whatnot, hard cases are better because they protect your gear a lot better.
    Thanks
    It didn't sound good until I got my drum teacher to tune them; I fail at tuning haha.
    I remember seeing a Clash tribute band called Rebel Truce at a music venue in my area. I've never been a massive fan of them so I dunno much about their drummer, but when I saw Rebel Truce their drummer used such a big rack tom... It looked like a floor tom
    Yeah I checked out some hardcases aswell as bags from Protection Racket, they both come close to £200 ($400 I think? ). It's so lame :eusa_wall

Quote Originally Posted by 5,5
    Yeah If you watch his newer covers he got endorsed by even more companies and now has a custom made kit. I think it sounds even better than his old yammy.
    Ahh lucky! Haha.
    We Are Kl.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Skaboy15 View Post
    Thanks
    It didn't sound good until I got my drum teacher to tune them; I fail at tuning haha.
    I remember seeing a Clash tribute band called Rebel Truce at a music venue in my area. I've never been a massive fan of them so I dunno much about their drummer, but when I saw Rebel Truce their drummer used such a big rack tom... It looked like a floor tom
    Yeah I checked out some hardcases aswell as bags from Protection Racket, they both come close to £200 ($400 I think? ). It's so lame :eusa_wall

Ahh lucky! Haha.
    Yeah Im not that great a tuning either so I have a uncle do it whos been drumming for 30 years. Actually his old kit I have Yeah thats the thing about cases, expensive as hell, but in the long run, you benefit a lot from having them. Oh yeah and if you take a pic of that zildjian you didnt know what it was, I might be able to tell you.
    1. Jeremy 1129 up, 295 downA named based on the biblical name Jeremiah. Used as a name for children who are blessed with a large brain and/or penis. Also used as a replacement for "perfect".
    We had a child and it had a very large penis so we named it Jeremy.

Tokens

Quote Originally Posted by 5,5 View Post
    Yeah Im not that great a tuning either so I have a uncle do it whos been drumming for 30 years. Actually his old kit I have Yeah thats the thing about cases, expensive as hell, but in the long run, you benefit a lot from having them. Oh yeah and if you take a pic of that zildjian you didnt know what it was, I might be able to tell you.
    Yeah that is true in the long run. Unless you get a new kit after which is slightly bigger, meaning you've gotta splash out even more on new cases. I wish I was rich

Here's my kit aswell as the cymbal. I took of the cymbals earlier for band practice tomorrow and couldn't be bothered to put them back on yet, so I'll post another picture of it when's set up properly in the next couple of days.

We Are Kl.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

hmm that cymbal just looks like an off brand beginner cymbal.
    Really nice set though.
    1. Jeremy 1129 up, 295 downA named based on the biblical name Jeremiah. Used as a name for children who are blessed with a large brain and/or penis. Also used as a replacement for "perfect".

Tokens

Yeah I know, it sounds so amazing though It was a couple of hundred pounds I think.
    I also have the snare drum that came with the kit, but I don't use it; I use a Yamaha metal one instead
    We Are Kl.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Yeah some cymbals that arent so great line/brand, can sound amazing. I have a Zildjian ZXT 16" Thin Crash that sounds awesome. And even has a great bell.
    You should use the other one as a side snare.

Tokens

Yeah some cymbals that arent so great line/brand, can sound amazing. I have a Zildjian ZXT 16" Thin Crash that sounds awesome. And even has a great bell.
    You should use the other one as a side snare.

Ohhhh nice How much did it cost ya?
    I've seen some cheap Stagg cymbals a music shop, they sound pretty good but I can't rely on them lasting very long at all.
    Yeah I was thinking about that; when I get enough money and decide to get a new snare stand, I'll use my old one with the Gretsch snare and see what it's like to play with 2 snares For now I'll keep it spare incase my Yamaha breaks or w/e.

This is my kit when it's setup with cymbals;

Sorry if it seems like I'm bragging, I don't mean to lol :rolleyes:
    We Are Kl.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Not all all
    Ill post my kit later.
    I got the cymbal used for about $25.
    If they sound good to you, go ahead and get the staggs. As long as you hit them with correct technique, they shouldnt end up cracking.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Wow, youve got a really great selection of gear there. Does your band have a myspace? Wouldnt mind checking you guys out
    Hehe, funny I was just checking this thread today, and I've only just got around to getting a band together today.
    Should be a while before we get any recordings done, gunna focus on gigging more than recording

Thanks for the comment

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I only have a 5-piece Stagg which is in the attic/landing. Not really enough space to play it .

@further above: my Stagg cymbal has a chunk out of the edge (somehow lol) - it was like that when I bought the kit off my mate .
    Last edited by Black_Apalachi; 27-08-2009 at 07:17 AM.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast