HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Default Youtube - Is it being used for good or bad?

Youtube is being used for many things since its revolution into a part of functioning society; many negative examples consist of: prejudicial rants, online cults and true self expression. But are all these beneficial for society? Some biased users would have never have been heard if Youtube never existed, so is it good or bad that they're being heard spouting their racist and biased views for the world to see? From one person and their attempt to show the world what they see has created waves of groups such as online self harmers whom despite many supporters, may also be causing harm to those who are triggered by such videos (despite their warnings) as well as causing more self harmers to develop, is it good or bad that Youtube is being used for this? And is it beneficial that the moderators are marginally incapable of monitoring the videos being uploaded, and when they finally do, they are too late to prevent anything (Pekka-Eric Auvinen, the Finnish School Massacre and the copycat after effects).

I'd like to note that I hold no value to whether Youtube is good or bad, I just find this topic interesting, and I admit I that am a continuous user myself. Feel free to share your opinions, and feel free to use positive examples if you like, I am only focusing on the negative examples and whether Youtube should be used like this.
    Last edited by RandomManJay; 09-02-2009 at 12:42 AM.

Tokens

Despite all the negative videos on youtube
    Its being put to good use with entertaining videos of the worlds biggest ****s.

Such as:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWIxqJu9gAM
    "If I had a world of my own. Everything would be nonsense and nothing would be what it is. Because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary: What it is it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be. It would. You see?"

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Verbal communication is open to just as much abuse.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I think for the most part, youtube has had a positive outcome. There will always be idiots that post themselves being racist on the internet. Whether it being on youtube or their own website.
    1. Jeremy 1129 up, 295 downA named based on the biblical name Jeremiah. Used as a name for children who are blessed with a large brain and/or penis. Also used as a replacement for "perfect".
    We had a child and it had a very large penis so we named it Jeremy.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

It's good, there is alot of people on it, most of them buy camcorders/capture cards/webcams thats more money coming into the system, it also entertains alot of people.
    No longer active on here

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I think that it's good.

People put up a lot of entertaining videos on there and most people use it with good intentions.
    ''Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad''

Tokens

Latest Awards:

i'd be lost without youtube, as sad as that sounds

Tokens

Latest Awards:

there is just as much freedom for people to be racist in regular verbal conversations. youtube is just a reflection of what's already out in the real world.

Tokens

Quote Originally Posted by Suzie View Post
    Despite all the negative videos on youtube
    Its being put to good use with entertaining videos of the worlds biggest ****s.

Such as:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWIxqJu9gAM
    LOL at that video!

and yeah half n half really
    Grabbing My
    Horn.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I'd say youtube is being used for video streaming.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast