HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Tokens
    Habbo
    nvrspk4

Latest Awards:

Default Regarding Radio Licensing

Hi everyone!

A lot of rumors and gossip about the recent Radio Licensing issue has been going around. Well - its true. We have been contacted by Habbo Management on behalf of an organization called PPL which represents the UK Music Industry and gives licenses to radios to operate in accordance with UK copyright laws.

However, we are also investigating the legal issues involved and are trying to determine whether we will indeed be required to pay the fees as the PPL claims. Rest assured we will try our best to ensure that legal issues are fully covered and that HabboxLive is entirely legitimate.

Meanwhile, it seems possible that Habbox will be required to pay some kind of fees. While this, and the amount is still up in the air, we are working very hard to negotiate with PPL staff to reach an agreement that will be feasible for Habbox to pursue. The number of 200 pounds has been circulated however based on the PPLs (highly confusing) statistics that we have been provided with it appears that that is for a "Small Broadcaster License" and that's basically 10 listeners an hour.

We have been working all day and will continue to work to reach an agreement that will allow HabboxLive to stay open, however if we do have to pay for licensing fees it is highly likely that with the loss of VIP and the struggle to pay for hosting and servers as it is, we will ask our loyal supporters to donate to keep HabboxLive open. However, I feel that it would not be straightforward to ask for donations at this time as we are not 100% sure if we will have to pay, and if we do we do not know the amount.

What I do know is this, while we speak with the PPL, HabboxLive will remain open. This is of course absent a court injunction or other serious threat to Habbox's ability to provide services to the public. We will make every attempt to continue to provide radio services to the Habbo Public and rest assured every avenue will be explored. If you have any comments, questions, or suggestions please feel free to contact me via PM or post a thread in feedback.

Note that this won't be an instantaneous thing, so don't expect a resolution tomorrow, this may take a week or more, we will try to resolve it ASAP but we are also caught up in the bureaucracy and certain key contact points are out of the office at the moment. You will be kept updated and if and when a resolution is reached we'll make sure to inform you!

Obviously not everything we are doing behind the scenes or all of our possible courses of actions will be disclosed at this time however we felt it important to make sure that the Habbox public knew exactly what was happening and what action would be taken. That being said, thanks for reading!

And, since I have your attention, a free plug. Remember to vote for us in the HabboHut awards! READ THIS THREAD

Thanks,
    Habbox Management
    Last edited by nvrspk4; 20-02-2009 at 09:40 AM.
    It costs nothing to be a good friend.

American and Proud

I also use the account nvrspk on other computers.