HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Default Do you belive that..

If you belive in god you have to go church each week? I know it aint alot to ask but I live quite far from a church.

I think we dont need to go church every week to belive in god and be catholic

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I believe I am God and I do wish people who follow me to attend church once a week.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

you dont even belive in god lol

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I dont believe in god, but however im pretty sure to be catholic your supposed to go to church once a week, get forgiven for your sins etc.
    1. Jeremy 1129 up, 295 downA named based on the biblical name Jeremiah. Used as a name for children who are blessed with a large brain and/or penis. Also used as a replacement for "perfect".
    We had a child and it had a very large penis so we named it Jeremy.

Tokens

I don't think you have to go to church every week, I think your ment to be holy on the sabbath day and pray all day.

Tokens

Question LOL

My girlfreind goes every sundayy near enough..

grr, i hatee it.

she should be spending timee with me in my bedd hahaa

x

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I don't really think its a requirement otherwise it would state somewhere that you have to go regardless of whatever's happening in your life. Normally people who go to church go to be 'closer to God' or are extremely devout (usually God fearing in that respect), but you don't really have to go, one of my friends who's catholic never goes to church, but he's still catholic regardless.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Profit View Post
    My girlfreind goes every sundayy near enough..

grr, i hatee it.

she should be spending timee with me in my bedd hahaa

x
    That's just egocentric.
    You don't need to go to Church if you believe in God. But if you're a dedicated member of your religion then you would surely go to Church once or twice a month, minimum.
    If you believe in God and don't go, the Bible does say that He loves everyone as they are, in whatever shape and form - not that exactly, but y'know.

pc setup | system specs
    check what i've been watching here.
    avril lavigne ♥

Tokens
    Habbo
    Yet

Latest Awards:

Hmm im classed as Catholic but i never go to church yet im baptisd and that but i think some people missuse it i myself had to choice in the matter as i was younger but now i honestly dont believe there is a god or perhaps there is but since my perants lied about santa il never trust them lol!

And for the answer i dont think if your catholic you have to go to church, you can still pray at home or whatever some people may not have time for church

Good Discussion Thread
    Last edited by Richie; 09-03-2009 at 12:38 PM.
    ofwgktadgaf

Tokens

Latest Awards:

This is a really controversial issue within religion.
    To be part of a religion you must confom to the certain methods of practice that that certain religion follow.

Certainly to be a true Catholic, you would be frowned upon for not attending church services at least once a week, as you have to take the Holy Communion. It annoys me when people say "I'm Catholic" just because they believe in God and want to be religious - yet they don't follow any of the traditional methods of Catholicism. Of course, there are "relaxed" Catholics, however they are relaxed on things such as contraception, abortion, but a true Catholic will go to church on a weekly basis.

This is also similar for Anglican Christians, again, they would probably frown upon you for not going to church weekly, however it's not as important as it is for the Catholics with their Holy Communion.

Of course, there are plenty of other different sects within Christianity, many of which do not require you to go to church regularly.

United Reformed Church, The Evangelical Movement and New Life take a different approach to worship, they also take many different, controversial approaches towards Christianity, which again may not float your boat.

The contraversial side of the arguement is is it possible to believe without belonging? What this means is can you believe in God, pray etc but without belonging to a certain Religion. I was completely oblivious to this side of Religion until I took Religious Studies at AS level, I frown upon Religious movement quite a lot, especially the indoctrinating kind. However I understand why people believe although I would class myself as an atheist, but my Philosophy AS level even made me question the possibility of some sort of God existing... but by no means am I going to start going to church and worshipping every week.

It's a free world in terms of thought, if you want to believe you can, you don't have to be part of a specific movement, and you don't even really have to believe in the Judeao-Christian God (as we know God from the Bible)... you could just believe in a form.

Guru Nanak once said "There is no Hindu God and there is no Muslim God, there is one God who unites us all in equality"

Although Nanak only refers to Hinduism & Islam (due to the context in which he said this), this works for what I'm trying to say as well.

So yeah, you don't have to go to Church to believe in God.
    "You live more riding bikes like these for 5 minutes than most people do in their entire lives"

RIP Marco Simoncelli ~ 1987 - 2011
    Previous Habbox Roles: Shows Manager, Help Desk Manager, Forum Moderator, Forum Super Moderator, Assistant Forum Manager, Forum Manager, Assistant General Manager (Staff), General Manager.

Retired from Habbox May 2011

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast