HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 6 of 473 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Neversoft View Post
    Why'd you mention it's set in London then?

...and wow I think I'm starting to like Neon Genesis Evangelion more than Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.

I've always thought the mecha's were better anyway.

Those were some silly pics to compare but whatever. Might watch that 'mind *******' anime after trigun. Which im on ep 17 of btw.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAnXk...e=channel_page
    BEST OPENING.
    I cant choose all the Gintama openings are v. good except for 7.
    No longer active on here

Tokens

Latest Awards:

first anime ive came across based in london or uk always NY Or Japan etc

Tokens

Latest Awards:

The ultimate discussion
    DUBS VS SUBS
    No arguging just challenging points and not the person, gogogog.
    No longer active on here

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by lNaughtynemo View Post
    Those were some silly pics to compare but whatever. Might watch that 'mind *******' anime after trigun. Which im on ep 17 of btw.
    Please explain to me how they were silly. :rolleyes_

Also, I can tell already - you wouldn't like NGE.

Quote Originally Posted by Jord View Post
    first anime ive came across based in london or uk always NY Or Japan etc
    The best anime based in England is the movie Steamboy in my opinion. The dub in that movie is awesome as well, they actually got English people to do most of it! Alfred Molina (Doc Ock from Spider-man) voices one of the main characters, and bloody Patrick Stewart voices one of the other main characters! Anna Paquin (Rogue from X-Men) also voices the protagonist with a very convincing English accent. This backs up my point - English dubs are goooooood!
    Last edited by Neversoft; 14-05-2009 at 06:21 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Neversoft View Post
    Please explain to me how they were silly. :rolleyes_

Also, I can tell already - you wouldn't like NGE.
    They were silly coz the TTGL one looks awesome whilst the other does not.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by lNaughtynemo View Post
    They were silly coz the TTGL one looks awesome whilst the other does not.
    Theres a Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann one? Where you looking?
    The first image depicts Gurren Lagann fighting EVA 01 and the second is of EVA 01 only, which looks badass.

EVA 01 for teh win!

Last edited by Neversoft; 14-05-2009 at 06:55 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Southe,

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMacC View Post
    The ultimate discussion
    DUBS VS SUBS
    No arguging just challenging points and not the person, gogogog.
    As a rule. i will always watch a series Subbed first. Only Dubs i give a chance are the ones i buy on dvd. But mostly they end up being really bad so i stick to the subs. However, Funimation Dubs i enjoy greatly. I think they do a great job at picking the voices and giving us uncut titles. With a Funimation dvd i will Watch the Dub 1st then Sub. Funimation usually keeps everything just changes the voices so not alot to complain about.

Companys like 4kids that give them the worst kind of voice and heavely edit out i dont like. So really i dont mind either its just the people who choose Dubs and give really rubbish excuses. or even people who wont try the dub and will watch the sub version.

My main reason for watching Subs before dubs is. Thats the way it was made and meant to be seen. Dubs i think is just an excuse for me to rewatch it again and see a diffrent version. for example DBZ. Dub and Sub are completley diffrent dialogue wise so gives its rewatch value. where as Naruto i just sit there dispointed. And One Piece (4kids Ver. Funi's is on par with the sub imo) just makes mewant to smash the tv.

So yeah. Enjoy the wall of text.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

2 New bleach, Gonna watch them befor I go bed

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I prefer subs, without any doubt in my mind. I find them to be more engaging, better acted and directed and that Japanese seiyu's are a lot more passionate and talented and are able to bring out the characters true personalities a great deal better than American voice actors/actresses. Japanese seiyu's actually work with the director during the production of a series, movie or game. They are directed by the man in charge, the man who knows what hes doing and knows what he wants to create. American voice actor's are directed by an unfamiliar and forever changing sound director who hasn't the slightest idea of what he's doing nor has he any vision or influence over what he wants to create. Theres the problem. If the Japanese tried dubbing an American cartoon it would suck. It's because they wouldn't be involved in the actual production nor would they be directed by someone who understands the chemistry of the cartoon or by someone who knows whats going on. It's not just with anime, every dub sucks because of the lack of or missing input from the original creator or director. To produce a good dub, you need to work with someone who understand the product, some who has a clear vision of what is needed and what they want to create. You can't leave the dub up to someone who is unfamiliar with the product! But they have no choice to leave it up to someone else because of language problems, hence why dubs will always suck... and that is entirely my opinion, people.
    Last edited by Neversoft; 17-05-2009 at 10:17 PM.

Page 6 of 473 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast