HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Turkey

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Default Turkey

k me and my gf are going to gumbet in turkey for 2 weeks on sunday. it's my first time on a plane and only second time abroad (daft germany school trip) so is there anything i should remember or anything? just daft help is appreciated and repped.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Gumbet's really nice actually - there's a National Park Reserve thing right near it that's really nice for relaxing - there's a busy market and regular bus services to main towns/cities around it (that's how we got there). I'm not sure about spending 2 weeks there but I suppose it has to be possible .

One main thing to remember is take two £10 notes with you on the plane as you need it to pay when you land in Turkey. It's for the VISA. If you give them a £20 note you won't get change. That's the main thing really about traveling to Turkey.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by adammm View Post
    Gumbet's really nice actually - there's a National Park Reserve thing right near it that's really nice for relaxing - there's a busy market and regular bus services to main towns/cities around it (that's how we got there). I'm not sure about spending 2 weeks there but I suppose it has to be possible .

One main thing to remember is take two £10 notes with you on the plane as you need it to pay when you land in Turkey. It's for the VISA. If you give them a £20 note you won't get change. That's the main thing really about traveling to Turkey.
    ooo thanks and lol i heard gumbet was meant to have a really good night life, and even though my hotel is kind of out the way its kind of still lively if you get me. and i just wanted to go for 2 weeks cos i'm not fussy, not too bothered about the location as long as it has sun, sea, sand etc .

and yeah i knew about that visa thing but it's another reminder for me so thanks.

Tokens

yeahh, Try take Gum or sweets on the plane when the plane tends to take off you tend to get blocked ears it will clear up with the sweetes or gum

You cant use PSP ,DS , IPODs Or Phones Etc on the plane i think soem palnes allow you to use laptops after a certain time

arrive 3-4 hours befor your plane takes off so you can check in etc which sometimes take a while you tend to have about 1-2 hour remain, when you go to the depature lounge its like HEAVEN everything is duty free so for intsance a Micheal Jackson cd is 15 in Hmv ull get it for bout 11 quid and the arcades dont get me started but depends what airport you go to for the arcades

remeber there is a also an baggae allowence for what u can take on as hand luggage, for insatnce no liquid subsatnce over 100ml can be take on the plane (beacuse of bomings) it also has to be put ina see thorough bag which will be provide to you on the day

dont forget to pack your sun cream

also try not to take your car as transport to the airport if you got an relatives its your best option to ask them to drop you off, for the tyme your are going for it would cost well over 100 quid for your car to be stored there for the 2-weeks

also every shop in the airport take all curancies so if you got any euros from germany trip pull em ut your cuboard you could get a little suming with it

Take a book/ magazine take a few beacuase not all aeroplanes have tv in the head rest most of them have small ones in like in the middle and its really hard tpo see, if your goign by Virgin atlantic or Birtish airways ims ure they have them in the head rest

again take care when your in turkey and havea good time!

Vouch
    [x] [x] [x] [x] [x]

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Madox View Post
    You cant use PSP ,DS , IPODs Or Phones Etc on the plane
    Yes you can.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie! View Post
    Yes you can.
    Correct. You just can't use them during take off and landing because it interfears with the planes signal or something.

I'm going Antalya in Turkey next week, you're lucky to go away so early. Turkey is nice, it's really hot wear shorts if it's a day flight because when you land and step off the plane the heat difference is soo hot, bring chewing gum or sweets to suck on for when your ears pop, keep a drink with you if they let you and if offered drinks on the plane do take them, also yawn to get rid of your popped ears and once you're in the air ask for a pillow before anyone else does so you can try get some sleep.
    That's why we seize the moment, try to freeze it and own it, squeeze it and hold it cause we consider these minutes golden.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Jordan:A

Latest Awards:

Dont sit by the window if you are scared of hights, I remember doing that and i crapped myself
    Last edited by xxMATTGxx; 26-09-2009 at 03:56 PM.

~ "Difference is brilliant, difference is what makes this world"

Tokens

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan:A View Post
    Dont sit by the window if you are scared of hights, I remember doing that and i crapped myself
    why didnt you just shut your window then? :S

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Thanks everyone for replying, i'll rep if i can.

Quote Originally Posted by Madox View Post
    yeahh, Try take Gum or sweets on the plane when the plane tends to take off you tend to get blocked ears it will clear up with the sweetes or gum

You cant use PSP ,DS , IPODs Or Phones Etc on the plane i think soem palnes allow you to use laptops after a certain time

arrive 3-4 hours befor your plane takes off so you can check in etc which sometimes take a while you tend to have about 1-2 hour remain, when you go to the depature lounge its like HEAVEN everything is duty free so for intsance a Micheal Jackson cd is 15 in Hmv ull get it for bout 11 quid and the arcades dont get me started but depends what airport you go to for the arcades

remeber there is a also an baggae allowence for what u can take on as hand luggage, for insatnce no liquid subsatnce over 100ml can be take on the plane (beacuse of bomings) it also has to be put ina see thorough bag which will be provide to you on the day

dont forget to pack your sun cream

also try not to take your car as transport to the airport if you got an relatives its your best option to ask them to drop you off, for the tyme your are going for it would cost well over 100 quid for your car to be stored there for the 2-weeks

also every shop in the airport take all curancies so if you got any euros from germany trip pull em ut your cuboard you could get a little suming with it

Take a book/ magazine take a few beacuase not all aeroplanes have tv in the head rest most of them have small ones in like in the middle and its really hard tpo see, if your goign by Virgin atlantic or Birtish airways ims ure they have them in the head rest

again take care when your in turkey and havea good time!
    yeah thanks, it's all common sense but i sometimes lack that. :eusa_wall
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbie! View Post
    Yes you can.
    flight mode on phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by Skepta View Post
    Correct. You just can't use them during take off and landing because it interfears with the planes signal or something.

I'm going Antalya in Turkey next week, you're lucky to go away so early. Turkey is nice, it's really hot wear shorts if it's a day flight because when you land and step off the plane the heat difference is soo hot, bring chewing gum or sweets to suck on for when your ears pop, keep a drink with you if they let you and if offered drinks on the plane do take them, also yawn to get rid of your popped ears and once you're in the air ask for a pillow before anyone else does so you can try get some sleep.
    haha thanks and i doubt i'll be able to sleep. literally been looking forward to this for a year or something since we booked it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordan:A View Post
    nooo i want the window seat. !

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Yes you can use the flight mode. And it wont really effect anything during takeoff and landing if you do use it however if the crew see you they will get rather grumpy about it and have you turn it off.

Enjoy it, air travel is good fun

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast