HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

View Poll Results: Can you claim EMA?

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

38 52.05%
  • No

35 47.95%
Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Feep View Post
    There are no jobs. if you havn't noticed.
    yeah, im not stupid - and when all the university students go back to university there will be vacancies wont there?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I completely agree. But my friends mum is claiming JSA atm and she has 3 kids. So my Friend got a Bus pass for free.
    haven't heard of JSA, just know EMA but it's good he gets a free bus pass, saving about £40 a month there..

Quote Originally Posted by cocaine View Post
    yeah, im not stupid - and when all the university students go back to university there will be vacancies wont there?
    I'm just sorry for all the College students and ppl who go Uni, i hope the economy is ok when i leave... so in about 10 months time.
    Last edited by Clowgon; 29-07-2009 at 08:41 AM.

Tokens

Quote Originally Posted by cocaine View Post
    Im not sexist or agest but Im an eighteen year old boy who has been out of work for 9 months.

I don't stand a chance against an 18 year old girl. Boys are known for 'messing about' and not doing there job to standard. This steriotype is one reason I find it difficult to get a job.

It's not impossible but very hard.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Im not sexist or agest but Im an eighteen year old boy who has been out of work for 9 months.

I don't stand a chance against an 18 year old girl. Boys are known for 'messing about' and not doing there job to standard. This steriotype is one reason I find it difficult to get a job.

It's not impossible but very hard.
    yeah well thats company discrimination based on age and gender which shouldn't be allowed

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I had it when I was at college yeah.

Tokens
    Habbo
    JennyJukes

Latest Awards:

Yeah I get full payment but I don't need much of it because my schools like a 5 minute walk so no busses or nothing until I go to college which, when I do go to, even the money I get from them isn't enough and my mum ends up having to pay monthly for most of the bus cost anyway lol. I think the system is fair, there are people who genuinly deserve it but it doesn't mean that they use it for the purpose it's given to them which is why so many people think it's unfair. My mum puts most of mine into the bank and doesn't let me touch at all and saves for anything in future. There's only one income into our family and she's been off work too much ill so we get loads of benefits and some people try to say we're the worst because we claim as much as we can get :/ a little bit of help don't harm anyone.

Apparently it's only "chavs" and troublemakers who get EMA but the fact they're going back to school or starting college is proof enough some people are getting the money for the rightful case whereas most the ones I know just drop out of everything so it's pretty justified for some of us, not saying everyone but some people deserve it so it's unfair to say everyone or no-one gets it. There's a reason why people with so much money don't get it and the argument that "doesn't mean our parents are going to give us money" is so flawed because that's the decision of all parents and not the government's, I'm sure they might pay for your college at least, they can afford it if they have that money otherwise it's tough **** really.

Why do people who don't get it complain anyway? It stops at £31,528 annuanly for the requirements, we probably just about make a third of that for the whole family in a year, some people are really ungrateful:S:S
    Last edited by buttons; 29-07-2009 at 09:37 AM.

pigged 25/08/2019

Tokens

Quote Originally Posted by buttons View Post
    Yeah I get full payment but I don't need much of it because my schools like a 5 minute walk so no busses or nothing until I go to college which, when I do go to, even the money I get from them isn't enough and my mum ends up having to pay monthly for most of the bus cost anyway lol. I think the system is fair, there are people who genuinly deserve it but it doesn't mean that they use it for the purpose it's given to them which is why so many people think it's unfair. My mum puts most of mine into the bank and doesn't let me touch at all and saves for anything in future. There's only one income into our family and she's been off work too much ill so we get loads of benefits and some people try to say we're the worst because we claim as much as we can get :/ a little bit of help don't harm anyone.

Apparently it's only "chavs" and troublemakers who get EMA but the fact they're going back to school or starting college is proof enough some people are getting the money for the rightful case whereas most the ones I know just drop out of everything so it's pretty justified for some of us, not saying everyone but some people deserve it so it's unfair to say everyone or no-one gets it. There's a reason why people with so much money don't get it and the argument that "doesn't mean our parents are going to give us money" is so flawed because that's the decision of all parents and not the government's, I'm sure they might pay for your college at least, they can afford it if they have that money otherwise it's tough **** really.

Why do people who don't get it complain anyway? It stops at £31,528 annuanly for the requirements, we probably just about make a third of that for the whole family in a year, some people are really ungrateful:S:S
    Im eighteen, why should my parents give me money? Im old enough. And if I was given ema I would carry on at college. Some people do 'sponge' off the goverment I don't know what kind of situation your family is in so I can't and won't comment on it.

I think 75% of EMA is used to buy drugs and alcohol. All the people I know blow there money on nights out.

Tokens

Quote Originally Posted by Clowgon View Post
    But some just bloody abuse the system which ****** me off. I think Rich ppl, when i mean rich ppl i mean very rich - They should pay for thier kid to go to College, at least the gov can use the money and spend it on other departments which can be put to better use.

But saying that, if i was rich, i wouldn't want to pay for my kids to go to college, so ye, it's a toughie.
    "Very rich" people send their kids to private schools and colleges.

Tokens

Quote Originally Posted by ifuseekamy View Post
    "Very rich" people send their kids to private schools and colleges.
    Exacly so there parents pay for it. which is fair enough but for some people like myself I don't get money often.

Tokens
    Habbo
    e5

Latest Awards:

No :@ So annoying, cause just because what my dad earns, I cant. It's not like he'll give me £30 a week :S

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast