HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

View Poll Results: Can you claim EMA?

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

38 52.05%
  • No

35 47.95%
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    HabbaJabba

Latest Awards:

Not allowed to claim.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

i get ema so i'm happy, but i do find it unfair 'cos those with higher wages pay more tax and dont get anything back

Tokens

Like everyone else says on here, even if your parents earn above such a salery it doesnt mean their going to give you £30 a week as mine dont and struggle to pay things off like the mortgage on our house, electricity bills etc. It should ordepend on your circumstances like how much disposable income your family has and how many brothers/sisters do you have as having many means money is spread more thinly.

The bonuses also get me, why do kids who already get money weekly deserve extra rewards for showing up to school like the rest of us have to do anyway?
    something.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I'm not eligible + I go to the school I go to on my rich auntie and uncle's good graces so there would be no need.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Meanies

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by LuketheDuke View Post
    Like everyone else says on here, even if your parents earn above such a salery it doesnt mean their going to give you £30 a week as mine dont and struggle to pay things off like the mortgage on our house, electricity bills etc. It should ordepend on your circumstances like how much disposable income your family has and how many brothers/sisters do you have as having many means money is spread more thinly.

The bonuses also get me, why do kids who already get money weekly deserve extra rewards for showing up to school like the rest of us have to do anyway?
    my mum tried to complain about that so i'd get it and it didn't work :@ I've got a brother and 2 stepbrothers and 2 stepsisters so yeah.. if they took that into account i'd get it

cake

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I think the people on this forum whos families have enough money to fund their children with £30 a week should stop moaning, stop being spoilt, EMA is for students whos families are struggling, for children that will need help in their later years, it isn't about "OH MY FAMILY OWNS OVER 25K I DONT GET EMA THATS UNFAIR ON ME!!" - it isn't, because you're family are obviously easily coping, your family earns enough to fund you with how much you need weekly.

Oh and all these people saying "I don't get EMA but my mom and dad are still struggling!!!!!!!!" is utter crap, that's the whole point of the EMA, if you don't get any EMA at all it means you parents are earning over £30,000 a year? (i think) - that is double the national minimum wage, and is easily enough income to survive in the current economic climate.

Stop moaning, just stop it.

My dad lost his job earlier this year, mom earns under 15k a year, so I get full £30 EMA ~ I deserve this as my dad can't find work and only earning £300 a week is VERY hard on a family of 4, mortgage, bills, and what not ~ we are a family thats really struggling, and I find it quite offensive that those of you who are not entitled to EMA are moaning, when families like mine really are struggling.

That's my opinion, you may not agree with it, but quite frankly I couldn't really give a damn.
    Last edited by StefanWolves; 30-07-2009 at 03:27 PM.
    PSN: StefanWolves
    Add me if you play COD Black Ops or Fifa 11.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I claimed £20 a week when I was in collage, now I've left collage i've pretty much paid it all back in my taxes.

It's not unfair atall, I think of it as a loan as you're going to be paying it all back anyway.

Tokens
    Habbo
    JACKTARD

Latest Awards:

im too young to, im only 15.

even if i was old enoug i wouldn't be able to because my household income is well over the £31,000 mark

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by TheWolf View Post
    I think the people on this forum whos families have enough money to fund their children with £30 a week should stop moaning, stop being spoilt, EMA is for students whos families are struggling, for children that will need help in their later years, it isn't about "OH MY FAMILY OWNS OVER 25K I DONT GET EMA THATS UNFAIR ON ME!!" - it isn't, because you're family are obviously easily coping, your family earns enough to fund you with how much you need weekly.

Oh and all these people saying "I don't get EMA but my mom and dad are still struggling!!!!!!!!" is utter crap, that's the whole point of the EMA, if you don't get any EMA at all it means you parents are earning over £30,000 a year? (i think) - that is double the national minimum wage, and is easily enough income to survive in the current economic climate.

Stop moaning, just stop it.

My dad lost his job earlier this year, mom earns under 15k a year, so I get full £30 EMA ~ I deserve this as my dad can't find work and only earning £300 a week is VERY hard on a family of 4, mortgage, bills, and what not ~ we are a family thats really struggling, and I find it quite offensive that those of you who are not entitled to EMA are moaning, when families like mine really are struggling.

That's my opinion, you may not agree with it, but quite frankly I couldn't really give a damn.
    as much as my parents are very lucky to earn quite a bit of money between them, there would be no way in hell would they give me £30 a week - however i do agree with your post entirely.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Yes I understand that you might not get £30 in cash a week, but you probably get £30 per week in other stuff, scattered all over the week, clothing, other stuff, nights out, ect... with my family struggling I am lucky to get £10 a week in this economic climate.

you have to take these things into account.
    PSN: StefanWolves
    Add me if you play COD Black Ops or Fifa 11.

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast