HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Sorry for the delay on the August update guys, was a bigger month than I thought. Also trying to upload the game to a site and download it at my dads so I can play it there.

Tokens
    Habbo
    cjw93

Latest Awards:

Decent pre season from me
    Used to be GraysAthChaz

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Anybody got a download for this game? No point in buying it as the new one comes out soon and I'm being tight, yeah.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Here comes August, good luck reading .

August Preview: August saw the Hatters kick off their competitive season with alot of twists and turns, drama and competitions to look forward to over the coming months. Alot is expected of HxF United over the next few seasons.

The season kicked off with a tough-fought 2-1 loss away at Leicester. There were words exchanged between managers Pearson and Kettle before the game, and in the end it was Pearson and Leicester who got the last laugh, keeping Pearson's promise that they WOULD beat the Hatters. A brace from forward Steve Howard cancelled out new signing Krisztián Tímár's debut goal, handing City all 3 points at the Walkers Stadium.

Goals from Maxwell Coton and Samuel Warren helped United towards their first victory of the (competitive) season, seeing off the challenge of fellow League 1er's Leyton Orient to progress through to the 2nd Round of the Carling Cup.

As a reward for our 2-1 triumph over Orient in the 1st Round, we were rewarded with a tough away tie against Premier League Fulham.

A 19th minute strike from Craig Davies saw Brighton take a deserved 3 points from their game with HxF United. Not the greatest of performances from the Hatters, but also certainly not the worst.

A game dominated by United from start to finish somehow didn't end up with the Hatters celebrating their first 3 points of the new campaign. Young striker Samuel Warren put the home side 1-0 up in the Battle of the League Favourites, and United continued to dominate throughout the game. However the failure to execute and finish off the chances that the Hatters created proved costly, as 9 minutes from time an optimistic ball into the box from Neil Kilkenny found Jonathan Howson, who was there to tap the ball in from close range with keeper Alex O'Connor being caught off his line. A dissapointing 2 points dropped for HxF United, but still a point against their fellow league favourites.

An inspired substitution by manager Harry Kettle saw super sub Stephen Andrews score 2 dramatic late goals to cancel out Simon Davies' opener for Fulham on the stroke of half time, thus sending the Premier League side crashing out. United progress to the 3rd Round after this fine performance.

After toppling Premier League Fulham in Round 2, United were rewarded with a home tie against Championship side Bristol City in Round 3, for a place in the 4th Round of the competition.

Gary Hooper's 18th minute strike handed 2nd place Scunnie an undeserved victory at Wembley. United had a bagful of chances throughout the match but, once again, couldn't convert them and were punished for it. Another dissapointing result for United.

Transfer News
    It was an extremely busy month for United transfer wise as the summer transfer window came to a close. United brought in 4 players in August, landing CM Niko Kovac for £300k from Salzburg, young striker Nathan Delfouneso for £2.7m from Aston Villa, talented attacking midfielder Fernando Arce for £1.7m from Santos Laguna, and finally breaking the bank to sign PSV winger Balázs Dzsudzsák for a club record fee of £3.7m. These transfers add to the purchase of centre back Krisztián Tímár. It wasn't all good news though, Gerard, who came on a 4-week trial with United, went off to Burnley for £300k the minute that the trial ended, and just as Kettle was preparing to offer the Spanish midfielder a permanent contract with the club. Also, Rosenborg left-back Roy Miller's proposed move for a fee of £350k was called off at the last minute due to Miller not being able to obtain a work permit. United made the highest 4 signings in/out of League 1 in this transfer window, with Rickie Lambert's move to Barnsley from Bristol Rovers being the 5th highest. They also made the most additions to their squad, with 5 new faces at Wembley.

Player Statistics

A good month for young striker Stephen Andrews, dispite appearing only 3 times in total in August. It was a good month also for captain Adam Rose and Ashley Young. Strikers Matty Hurst & Andy Fox both dissapointed in August.

FACT: Brown, Warren, Howard, O'Connor and Coton were the only players to have played some part in EVERY game for HxF United in August.

Internationals

I am pleased to announce that a fantastic 12 HxF United players were called up for international duty in August. So congratulations to all those players, and a special mention to Johnny Kelly, who was the only player to be called up to the FIRST team, representing Northern Ireland. Also to Jake James, who was the only United player to score in the international matches, netting for the England U19's in their 2-1 friendly win over Croatia U19's.

Board Confidence

Not great, but this should and hopefully will improve over the coming weeks/months.

League Statistics

Congratulations to Warren, Rose & James for making it into the elusive top 9 for Pass Completion and Tackles/Games.

League Table

Obviously a dissapointing start and not where we want to be, but we can hopefully build up a good few wins, going on an unbeaten streak and slowly make our way up the League 1 table.

August Review
    A poor month in terms of results, but once again some promising performances. We're going to have to start scoring more soon, though. In August we Played 6, Won 2, Drew 1, Lost 3. We also conceded 7 goals, and scored 6.

2 Good, 2 Bad
    2 Good - Stephen Andrews (Super sub vs Fulham), 2-1 vs Fulham (great win over a Prem side)
    2 Bad - Andy Fox (Poor performances lately), Gerard (So close to a deal til Burnley swooped in)

What's to come in September?
    September brings another big dosage of games for United, starting with a home game against Crewe on the 13th before travelling to Brighton on the 17th for the 2nd time in a month for our re-arranged JPT Southern Section 1st Round match. There's then only a 3 day break til we travel to Cheltenham on the 20th, before finishing the month with back-to-back home games against Bristol City in the Carling Cup 3rd Round on the 24th, then finishing against Oldham on the 27th.

A poor month in all, but the transfers and some performances in the team are promising.
    Last edited by -Heart; 17-08-2009 at 02:22 AM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

O'Connor played a part in every game, O'Connor was captain in one match, O'Connor is in the U21s.

Im just brilliant

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by AlexOC View Post
    O'Connor played a part in every game, O'Connor was captain in one match, O'Connor is in the U21s.

Im just brilliant
    U19's .

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I'm going to go on my twitter and complain I wasn't picked for England. :@:@

The defence was awesome in August, glad to see O'Connor learnt the ball is not supposed to be in the net. :eusa_danc

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Browney View Post
    I'm going to go on my twitter and complain I wasn't picked for England. :@:@

The defence was awesome in August, glad to see O'Connor learnt the ball is not supposed to be in the net. :eusa_danc
    I have a natural instinct for it.

And U19s then!, just means im younger and the girls want me more.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Flamedragon3

Woop! I've improved so much lol. Was I played in LB or LM?

Tokens

am i not injured anymore? cuz i played for under 19s :S

Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast