HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Thread: Laptop help

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Default Laptop help

Well right, my laptop messed up so I went to re install windows.

I insert the XP disk and it displays something like "Windows XP could not install due to a hard drive not being plugged in or powered on" etc etc...

Its a right pain in the ass, I managed to get win98 installed but when it goes to boot it displays "Not enough memory, allocate more"
    Specs of laptop are:

60GB HDD
    2GB RAM
    Intel Centrino 2.0GHZ
    Made for XP, Vista capable

It should work but its really strange how it isnt :S

Any ideas as im not paying PCWorld £50 to have to all re-installed again when I have all the XP Upgrade disks etc here that ive paid for before anyway.

Thanks

Tokens

Just wondering, but have you tried going into the boot menu and deleting the hard drive partitions? I had the same problem as you and that seemed to work
    "future music is not always made my future machines." - USK

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by awelsh View Post
    Well right, my laptop messed up so I went to re install windows.

I insert the XP disk and it displays something like "Windows XP could not install due to a hard drive not being plugged in or powered on" etc etc...

Its a right pain in the ass, I managed to get win98 installed but when it goes to boot it displays "Not enough memory, allocate more"
    Specs of laptop are:

60GB HDD
    2GB RAM
    Intel Centrino 2.0GHZ
    Made for XP, Vista capable

It should work but its really strange how it isnt :S

Any ideas as im not paying PCWorld £50 to have to all re-installed again when I have all the XP Upgrade disks etc here that ive paid for before anyway.

Thanks
    Try going into BIOS and disabling sata mode, oh and Win98 doesn't support that much RAM which is probably why that isn't working
    Last edited by Chippiewill; 29-08-2009 at 11:43 AM.
    Chippiewill.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by xzl. View Post
    Just wondering, but have you tried going into the boot menu and deleting the hard drive partitions? I had the same problem as you and that seemed to work
    This was what we did on my Acer a few months ago. It saved us the stupid £50 charge.
    AMD Phenom X4 955 BE - 8GB RAM - Asus M5A97 - MSI HD6870 HAWK - Windows 8.1 Pro 64 - Samsung 840 Pro 256GB
    -----------------------------------------------------------

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Thanks guys, turned off SATA support and it installed fine

Everything is working again now apart from the audio the drivers wont install and say "Not able to complete task as MEDIA is not present"

Im sure ill sort it out though

Saved me £50 too