HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Default Piercing help? :-)

Sooo I got my nape done on Saturday (if you don't know, its a surface piercing on the back of your neck, got no pictures but theres a video in my signature) and I've absolutely fallen in love with it so I wanna make sure it doesn't get infected and bla bla blaa.

Anyway, on the leaflet it says to do all the usual salt soaks which I've done (with MUCH difficulty... involving lowering my neck into a tiny shot glass). But it also says not to use surgical spirit or any alcohol based stuff because it'll irritate it, which I stupidly did on the first day because I didn't read that bit (and it did irritate). So I was wondering whether its ok to use tea tree oil? I wasn't sure whether that counts as a 'TCP' kind of lotion and whether it'll irritate it or not?

+rep for any helpful answers ooobviously and I appreciate that its a controversial piercing and you'll most likely not like it, so keep the abuse to a minimum
    BRING ON THE TRUMPETS!

A lovely, pleasant video of my neck piercing
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ll5pDsJAyYE

Tokens

Latest Awards:

i think that type of piercing looks nice, and when i got my lip done i got told to use tea tree oil cause its gets rid of irriation

Tokens
    Habbo
    swearwolf

Latest Awards:

with my piercings they irritated a couple times i found that warmish water with a bit of salt mixed in rubbed in circles around and over the hole(s) stopped it irritating almost instantly, not personally used tea tree oil but i dont think it'd do any harm, good luck
    no

Tokens
    Habbo
    lxce

Latest Awards:

**** faye did that not cane! You didn't do anything on the video LOL also i got my belly button done and all i needed was salt water i didn't try anything like that because i never needed to but i can't see any harm in it i have used it for other things before and it hasn't hurt or irritated it.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I would say to use what it advises, afterall thats why its advised . But I wouldn't use Tea Tree Oil unless you know what effect it will have on you, I used it once when I had my ears pierced (the cartilidge) it killed , but I think I might have been allergic or something it.
    Last edited by RandomManJay; 08-09-2009 at 11:07 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I'm no expert on this subject but if I remember correct tea tree oil is the active ingredient in those Original Source showel gels. The ones that make you're skin tingle but it can have the effect of making your skin feel hot on the surface as well. I'd probably avoid it if I were you and look for something else.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

you don't need anything other than salt water, the lotions and stuff that piercists sell don't do anything that salt water doesnt do

Tokens
    Habbo
    Teabags

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by swearwolf View Post
    with my piercings they irritated a couple times i found that warmish water with a bit of salt mixed in rubbed in circles around and over the hole(s) stopped it irritating almost instantly, not personally used tea tree oil but i dont think it'd do any harm, good luck
    Salt water is a great remedy for lots of things.
    Teatree oil does works too.

I once found a mixture of teatree, oxy, vic and a concoction of god knows what else, but it smelt so nice. Gave me like a headrush everytime. Is that normal? Suggestions to what else was in it pls, I wna remake it.

superhappy.