HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brake Pads

Tokens

Default Brake Pads

My car went for it's MOT a few months back and they told me that the brake pads are worn and will need replacing soon after a certain amount mileage. So now especially with winter fast approaching i'm looking to get them done, and was just wondering if anyone knew how much it generally costs to get them done, or whether it depends on the car make/mechanics price etc?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Can't you just do it yourself? Get to an auto repair store.. grab the brake pads for your car.. and get to work. Get you about a pint or so of brake fluid.

It will save you quite a bit of money ;P

Tokens

I would, but I wouldnt have a clue what to do and it's not something im willing to mess up lol
    It would be helpful if I did, because as you say it would work out tons cheaper!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Starburst..x View Post
    I would, but I wouldnt have a clue what to do and it's not something im willing to mess up lol
    It would be helpful if I did, because as you say it would work out tons cheaper!
    http://autorepair.about.com/od/fixit...padreplace.htm

Tokens

Latest Awards:

When I need a brake job I take it to Honda, I'm not playing around with my brakes!
    I'm at a point in my life where I don't care if you like me or you don't. If you like me, cool. If you don't, meh.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Metric1 View Post
    When I need a brake job I take it to Honda, I'm not playing around with my brakes!
    Come on man it ain't that hard Jack it up, pull the calipers off, pull the brake pad off.. put the new pad on.. put the caliper back on... put the wheel back on.

30 minute job

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Dentafrice View Post
    Come on man it ain't that hard Jack it up, pull the calipers off, pull the brake pad off.. put the new pad on.. put the caliper back on... put the wheel back on.

30 minute job
    Easy for you ahhaahahahahaa I only take the wheels off to change a flat or to put my winters on!
    I'm at a point in my life where I don't care if you like me or you don't. If you like me, cool. If you don't, meh.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

changing brake pads is easy, if you're so stumped go out and buy a haynes manual but in all honesty you really need just a friend in the know and some tools.

i'm the star in the reasonably priced car!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Metric1 View Post
    Easy for you ahhaahahahahaa I only take the wheels off to change a flat or to put my winters on!
    Could save ya quite a bit of money ;P

Tokens

Thanks for the advice guys, appreciate it but I've decided that it's definately off to the garage!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast