HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: Henry

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Can I add that surely if a defender blocks a goal with his hand, should that mean there should be a ban for the player, or the game should be replayed? No it doesn't. If the ref sees it then it's a yellow/red card depending on the situation and a penalty and nothing further. If the ref saw this it would have been a yellow/red card and a free kick. But the ref didn't see it, just as some refs don't see defenders handballing it to stop a goal and in the later situation nothing happens after the game so nothing should happen in this case either.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by CHA!NGANG View Post
    Can I add that surely if a defender blocks a goal with his hand, should that mean there should be a ban for the player, or the game should be replayed? No it doesn't. If the ref sees it then it's a yellow/red card depending on the situation and a penalty and nothing further. If the ref saw this it would have been a yellow/red card and a free kick. But the ref didn't see it, just as some refs don't see defenders handballing it to stop a goal and in the later situation nothing happens after the game so nothing should happen in this case either.
    But, the defender would get a ban from FIFA, because the referee failed to punish a deliberate breaking of the rules. It would've been a red for the defender because 1. he deliberately hand-balled it and 2. denying a goalscoring opportunity. Whereas Henry just deliberately hand-balled it. Could've been left at a yellow depending on the ref. But that's not the point, the point is if the ref had seen it Henry would not have had the opportunity to cross it for Gallas.
    Last edited by Browney; 22-11-2009 at 04:22 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Browney View Post
    But, the defender would get a ban from FIFA, because the referee failed to punish a deliberate breaking of the rules. It would've been a red for the defender because 1. he deliberately hand-balled it and 2. denying a goalscoring opportunity. Whereas Henry just deliberately hand-balled it. Could've been left at a yellow depending on the ref. But that's not the point, the point is if the ref had seen it Henry would not have had the opportunity to cross it for Gallas.
    that would never recieve a red card in a game. and if the ref saw it, he would have got penalised, probably not even a yellow and the goalscoring opportunity would never have existed.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by alexxxxx View Post
    that would never recieve a red card in a game. and if the ref saw it, he would have got penalised, probably not even a yellow and the goalscoring opportunity would never have existed.
    Which is why I said could have been left at yellow? :S I said the defender could get a red, Henry wouldn't. And it doesnt matter because even if the ref had "umm-ahh"'d it over and then eventually gave a free kick Gallas wouldn't have scored. All I'm saying is Henry won't get a ban.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

The defender wouldn't get a ban from FIFA. There have been lots of times where a defender has handballed it and the ref has missed it and nothing happens afterwards. And the defender probably wouldn't have got a red because I'm not saying, if the player was 1 on 1 and the defender literally stopped the goal with his hand, I'm saying if a defender handballed it in the penalty area (not to stop a goal) he would have got a yellow card by the ref if he saw it and if he didn't nothing would have happened afterwise. This is the same thing with Henry but on the offensive side. He handballed it but he didn't score, he set up a goal which could have been stopped anyway if the defending was better. If the ref had seen it then it probably would have been a yellow and a free kick. If he scored with his hand and the ref saw it then it might have been worse but he didn't.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is when a defender handballs it in his own area to stop a pass then it's a penalty and a yellow card for the player if the ref sees it. If the ref doesn't see it then nothing really happens afterwards.

Yet when Henry handballs it in the other area to try and pass it to a player (which is the opposite side of the above), people want him banned and the game replayed. If the ref saw it, it would have been a yellow card and a free kick just like the situation above, so according to that then if the ref didn't see it then nothing should be done afterwards as nothing would have been done if it was the defending side.

That probably doesn't make sense but yeah.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by CHA!NGANG View Post
    The defender wouldn't get a ban from FIFA. There have been lots of times where a defender has handballed it and the ref has missed it and nothing happens afterwards. And the defender probably wouldn't have got a red because I'm not saying, if the player was 1 on 1 and the defender literally stopped the goal with his hand, I'm saying if a defender handballed it in the penalty area (not to stop a goal) he would have got a yellow card by the ref if he saw it and if he didn't nothing would have happened afterwise. This is the same thing with Henry but on the offensive side. He handballed it but he didn't score, he set up a goal which could have been stopped anyway if the defending was better. If the ref had seen it then it probably would have been a yellow and a free kick. If he scored with his hand and the ref saw it then it might have been worse but he didn't.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is when a defender handballs it in his own area to stop a pass then it's a penalty and a yellow card for the player if the ref sees it. If the ref doesn't see it then nothing really happens afterwards.

Yet when Henry handballs it in the other area to try and pass it to a player (which is the opposite side of the above), people want him banned and the game replayed. If the ref saw it, it would have been a yellow card and a free kick just like the situation above, so according to that then if the ref didn't see it then nothing should be done afterwards as nothing would have been done if it was the defending side.

That probably doesn't make sense but yeah.
    So we're both arguing for the same side? We both don't think Henry should have been banned?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

funny chant yesterday

after one of their players was tackled, he got up, realised the linesman had flagged then proceeded to walk 10 yards and fall down as if he'd been shot by a sniper in stands and started to roll over numerous times. up went the chant "thierry henry (cheat), thierry henry (cheat), thierry henry (cheat). i know he didn't handle it but was funny nonetheless.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

So we're both arguing for the same side? We both don't think Henry should have been banned?
    lol, yeah

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011