HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by redtom View Post
    Its just a facebook group people who join are most likely not going to go out and buy the song, there not idiots they just support a band they like, so please don’t go around calling people who like a different type of music to you idiots.

There’s nothing worse than people who hate a genre of music for no reason and choose to stereotype the people who like it.
    No-one's done either of those things
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by redtom View Post
    Its just a facebook group people who join are most likely not going to go out and buy the song, there not idiots they just support a band they like, so please don’t go around calling people who like a different type of music to you idiots.

There’s nothing worse than people who hate a genre of music for no reason and choose to stereotype the people who like it.
    actually there's nothing worse than people who accuse others of something they haven't done. We're not calling them idiots because of their dire music taste, they're idiots for thinking this will ever work

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingJesus View Post
    It's a terrible song by a terrible band who make song after song after song that all sound exactly the same. The facebook group is full of idiots who don't have a clue how the music industry works (ie: fail to realise that the record labels buy hundreds of thousands of the single to ensure its success, fail to realise that half of the members won't bother looking for the RATM single, fail to realise that the half who do will soon find that it's not as readily available as they think and will give up, etc etc) and it's basically an excuse for me to look at which of my friends I should never speak to again. ...
    Bold = your fail bigger than all the other fails you mentioned, put together.

The people saying anyone who joins that group are idiots, you're the real idiots for taking it so seriously. Yes I'd love for this to happen, it would be a great laugh but I joined it as a joke. I don't actually think there's much chance of it happening.

And FJ,

... There is nothing more detrimental to the music industry than rock/metal fanatics who believe music isn't music if it doesn't have a guitar in it.
    That's a far superior philosophy than whatever you call music if you like the **** that is churned out from the X-Factor. Axel's point about Hallelujah actually reassures me that there are still some members of the British public that know what music is. The fact that Alexandra Burke tried to turn that into a happy song says it all. There's a reason people like Jedward get bottled ya know :rolleyes:.

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Actually the group is supposed to be serious, the owners have done it before and they go trying to sell their story to online news sites and all sorts of nonsense. You not taking it seriously is hardly reflective of the attitude of the group as a whole.

Jedward were a joke from the beginning kept in because it brought up the ratings.. people who win tend to do so because they actually have a talent for singing. Your opinion on a particular type of music being poor is not the same as it actually being talentless, and anyone who believes otherwise is truly a fool. I for example cannot stand the noise that Guns 'n' Roses put out, but I wouldn't dream of calling them talentless. The same for many many acts from many many genres, and frankly if you think "music isn't music if it doesn't have a guitar in it" is a superior way of thinking about music than the opinion of anyone who likes anything ever sung on X-Factor then your opinion is not only heavily misinformed but hypocritical, aggressively ignorant and really so out of touch with the truth of what constitutes music and musical talent that it should hardly be called an opinion at all, rather a prejudice - as obviously you don't have any true knowledge in this field.
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Actually the group is supposed to be serious, the owners have done it before and they go trying to sell their story to online news sites and all sorts of nonsense. You not taking it seriously is hardly reflective of the attitude of the group as a whole.

Jedward were a joke from the beginning kept in because it brought up the ratings.. people who win tend to do so because they actually have a talent for singing. Your opinion on a particular type of music being poor is not the same as it actually being talentless, and anyone who believes otherwise is truly a fool. I for example cannot stand the noise that Guns 'n' Roses put out, but I wouldn't dream of calling them talentless. The same for many many acts from many many genres, and frankly if you think "music isn't music if it doesn't have a guitar in it" is a superior way of thinking about music than the opinion of anyone who likes anything ever sung on X-Factor then your opinion is not only heavily misinformed but hypocritical, aggressively ignorant and really so out of touch with the truth of what constitutes music and musical talent that it should hardly be called an opinion at all, rather a prejudice - as obviously you don't have any true knowledge in this field.
    OK I'll reword your phrase: 'Music isn't music when it is lip-synced'. I think you will find the likes of Rage and Guns N' Roses or any other band which my "out of touch opinion" considers to be good music, do not lip-sync.

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

X-Factor is a 100% live show
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Except on Sundays.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
    OK I'll reword your phrase: 'Music isn't music when it is lip-synced'. I think you will find the likes of Rage and Guns N' Roses or any other band which my "out of touch opinion" considers to be good music, do not lip-sync.
    The only people that lip sync on X Factor are the guests. None of the contestants lip sync.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by samsaBEAR View Post
    The only people that lip sync on X Factor are the guests. None of the contestants lip sync.
    I'll say it again - except on Sundays!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Misawa View Post
    I'll say it again - except on Sundays!
    And I wouldn't put it past them when they go on to perform elsewhere.

Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast