HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

He wouldn't get a game at Chelsea for at least 2 years. As in a proper run of games. If he was going to go there he'd be best waiting a few years but I know what you mean.

As for Arsenal:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...o-Canales.html

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...868979,00.html

If he moved to Arsenal he would get games. With the amount of injuries we have and get we need players like him to fill in positions and although I agree we should look for some experience, if he moved to England I still think Arsenal would be his best bet.

Oh and Yeah Jake I see what you mean.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I think he'll get games at United, think we've had to play Carrick and Fletcher at CB this season, for more than one game. I think Brown will be RB now with O'Shea out. I don't think Neville has been great when he has started, same for Rafael.

Tokens

Quote Originally Posted by CHA!NGANG View Post
    Why would he play at United either? The only top PL team that would give him a chance would be Arsenal and I read an article the other day saying just that. As for Smalling, it's a shame we didn't get him because he would have been a nice signing but oh well. Also I think you paid around £8 Million. We offered 7, and United payed more hence why he's going there. In context, it's not too bad seeing as we payed that for Vermaelen but If Wenger was prepared to spend that much on Smalling then he must see something in him.
    I don't think he would get games "straight away" we would probably loan him back to stander or w/e they are called for a few seasons and take him from there but i think he would be quite good at United / in the Premier Leauge.

Time will tell i suppose still 18 years old - He could perhaps not live to the hype which people expect from him in the future.

a bit like Vela, he's average as of yet, he hasn't proved himself as a decent prospect imo.
    OOPS I DID IT AGAIN..

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Is he really what United need though? I mean in the future maybe but at the moment they need a big name creative midfielder who can influence games. United have fletcher, carrick and Hargreaves in the center, all of whom are defencive. United need someone that can come in sharpish and be that creative player, and Canales wouldn't be able to do that straight away and would be a lot of pressure on him. If United wanted to buy him I'm sure it will cost a lot and isn't that money best used in investing in a big player who can play straight away, rather than someone who will take a few years? That's why I said Arsenal. We have enough creative players for there to be no pressure on him and for him to develop properly rather than being rushed and not developing. I'm not sure how much he is but I think United are better off buying someone like Gourcuff (sp.) who has a lot of experience and can change a game.

Tokens

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/spo...cle7003699.ece

Vidic out, Smalling in! :L :L :L :L

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Is he really what United need though? I mean in the future maybe but at the moment they need a big name creative midfielder who can influence games. United have fletcher, carrick and Hargreaves in the center, all of whom are defencive. United need someone that can come in sharpish and be that creative player, and Canales wouldn't be able to do that straight away and would be a lot of pressure on him. If United wanted to buy him I'm sure it will cost a lot and isn't that money best used in investing in a big player who can play straight away, rather than someone who will take a few years? That's why I said Arsenal. We have enough creative players for there to be no pressure on him and for him to develop properly rather than being rushed and not developing. I'm not sure how much he is but I think United are better off buying someone like Gourcuff (sp.) who has a lot of experience and can change a game.
    You mean he'd sit behind Nasri, Ramsey and Fabregas for a few years? At Chelsea he can guarantee a spot in England's best club at the moment, by building that career, but at Arsenal he just can't because there's too much competition.

Tokens

I see what you are saying but perhaps, if Real have got him (hasn't been confirmed yet) and he turns out to be really good in a few years to come - His value would have rocketed and we are not good at landing players from Real. He would of cost us 6 million - not much of a risk if he turned out to crap.

I just don't think Real is a team that would be best suited for him tbh. I think he should of gone to a middle club like Valencia and prove himself there. Moving to a Club like Real can come to his head and if this would be the case - it could potentially wreck his chances of developing into a great footballer.

I agree what Johan Cruyff says

Catalunya coach Johan Cruyff has warned of the challenges that face young players who move to big teams, as reported by Marca.

In comments that referred to Racing youngster Sergio Canales' imminent move to Real Madrid, the former Barca great spoke of the pressures that such young players face when moving to a big team, pressure that could potentially stymy a player's development.

"With the the youngsters from Ajax that were coveted by teams outside of Holland, my advice has always been the same: wait until you are at least 21 years old and, if possible, 23," declared the Dutchman.

Referring to Canales, Cruyff said that "at 18 years of age, one has much to learn as a person and a footballer. If you move to a big team too early, the responsibility can weigh you down and your career can stagnate."

With respect to a loan deal, Cruyff was still tentative. "The option of signing and loaning out the player is less aggressive, but it also has its risks."

I think what we (United) need now is a mature footballer like Fabri - There just isn't much out there atm with the exceptions of Xavi, Ineista, Gerrard and a few others.
    OOPS I DID IT AGAIN..

Tokens

Latest Awards:

He wouldn't guarentee a spot at Chelsea lol. Not for another 2-3 years...

He wouldn't be ahead of Lampard, Essien, Ballack, Deco. And those are just the central mids. They have a lot of wingers too. He wouldn't get a good run of games at Chelsea for 2-3 years. At Arsenal, yes we have a lot of players, but we also get a lot of injuries. There can't be that much competition if we end up having to play reserve players in PL games like at Bolton

EDIT: Yeah I don't think he should go to Madrid either, and actually I don't really thing he should go to Arsenal or any PL side but he should go to somewhere like AM, Seville, Deportivo, Valencia. Also, I think he might be more than 6 mill lol.
    Last edited by CHA!NGANG; 26-01-2010 at 10:03 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Steve Bruce is just a big baby.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

We may be gettin moses, the most anticipated wonder kid moses.
    Last edited by iAdam; 27-01-2010 at 07:35 AM.
    VR|46