HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Default Looking for my mum's next motor...

Since my mum's 2007 '57 Vauxhall Zafira CDTi 150 SRI has had its annoying engine fault again (clogged up with soot/carbon etc due to short journeys), my dad and I have taken it upon ourselves to find her a new car seeing as this one's warranty will run out in September this year.

She definitely wants something of the 7-seat "small MPV" market (i.e. Ford S-Max as opposed to Galaxy) because she likes the space, the practicality and the fact that she has 3 wee kiddies (including me ), she also likes the high up driving postion. It also must be petrol to alleviate this engine fault. She is leaning towards another Zafira SRI because she likes the sporty looks and the TCS for the snow with the 1.8 petrol, and we found a 59 plate one in bright red with the optional VXR Styling Pack that looks the boobies, which we'll probably end up going for, but we're looking at alternatives; including the "Elite" model of Zafira, but that doesn't come with traction control unless you get the 2.2 or the 2.0 turbo which my mum doesn't want because the fuel economy will be rubbish rolleyes neither does it look "sporty" (although it does have full leather, heated seats, cruise control, auto wipers/lights, mp3 cd...)

She originally wanted a Ford Kuga, but they don't have 7 seats and they're in the £20k region even for used ones. We even considered the new Renault Grand Scenic with the 1.4 turbo but she didn't like that either once she seen it in the flesh :@. [img

Anyone else got any thoughts? I mean the red Zaf we found for her looks brilliant but I've never liked the idea of replacing your car with another model the same...

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Default Volkswagen touran? :)

VW Touran sport

Tokens

Latest Awards:

That's a very nice Zafira there! If she doesn't think of anything else, she should definitely get that!

How about a Toyota Rav4? I'm not sure if it has 7 seats, but you said she likes the space and being high up, and that generally is spacious and high up. They're nice looking cars too!

Or maybe a Mercedes ML350/320? I'm not sure how much you've got to spend but you might be able to pick up one cheapish. Not only that, if you do have a large budget you could even get an ML63 AMG which is pretttttty sporty and beautiful!

ML350:

ML63 AMG:

Good luck finding the right thing!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

touran, do it

i'm the star in the reasonably priced car!

Tokens
    Habbo
    Gibs960

Latest Awards:

What about a Renault Scenic?

Might not be seven seats but its a good car
    Last edited by Gibs960; 21-05-2010 at 03:08 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

What about a Toyota Verso MPV?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by -ElleDriver View Post
    What about a Toyota Verso MPV?

We actually looked into one of these aswell, however they're quite bland. And damn expensive too! They are just out so I suppose that's why.

I've also mentioned the Touran and I was met with a host of screwed up faces. There's just no pleasing some people.
    By the way, the budget is about £14k, i.e. we're looking for a cost to change of about £4k as we're expecting about 8 for the Zafira we have the now.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by danzooo View Post
    We actually looked into one of these aswell, however they're quite bland. And damn expensive too! They are just out so I suppose that's why.

I've also mentioned the Touran and I was met with a host of screwed up faces. There's just no pleasing some people.
    By the way, the budget is about £14k, i.e. we're looking for a cost to change of about £4k as we're expecting about 8 for the Zafira we have the now.
    Verso is amazing tho suites your description too! Looks lush for a 7 seater

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I don't live in the UK but somebody suggested a Rav4. I have driven a Rav4 before and I enjoyed it. You can get it with a 3rd row and an optional V6 over here. We have a Toyota Highlander and the office and a new Sienna on the way, I can't wait!

We ordered a 2011 Sienna XLE Limited AWD V6 to replace our 2005 Honda Odyssey Touring.

I'm at a point in my life where I don't care if you like me or you don't. If you like me, cool. If you don't, meh.

Tokens

You also have the Chrysler Grand Voyager
    Not sure what they are like generally, but they seem to be quite popular and Chrysler/Jeep are pretty reliable
    Last edited by Starburst..x; 22-05-2010 at 10:58 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast