Send a Valentine!
Show that special Habboxer in your life how you feel with our super cute Valentine's card maker - you can even have it sent to your one true love anonymously!
Rare values
Trading is back! Find out what your furni's worth or browse for your next rare purchase, courtesy of our fabulous value reporting team!
Join the team
Whether you're a music fan, a writer, a builder or designer, we've got roles for you! Apply now to join our friendly & active staff team... lover's tiffs included.


Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Rhondda
    Posts
    6,460
    Tokens
    0

    Latest Awards:

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by W00TZEH View Post
    wish Giggs played for England
    Ramsey, Bale, Collison

    Quote Originally Posted by JackBuddy View Post
    I think it's different when it's within Britain as there's often genuine citizenship to one/two countries.
    Lots just qualify through something like Welsh grandfather. We're grateful really
    .

  2. #12
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Stoke
    Posts
    652
    Tokens
    0
    Habbo
    Wootzeh

    Latest Awards:

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Geraint View Post
    Ramsey, Bale, Collison



    Lots just qualify through something like Welsh grandfather. We're grateful really
    none of them have anything on Giggs. He's a legend.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    6,047
    Tokens
    475

    Latest Awards:

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Geraint View Post
    Ramsey, Bale, Collison



    Lots just qualify through something like Welsh grandfather. We're grateful really
    But to an extent England, Scotland, Wales and NI are all one country. There's a much bigger difference between a Spaniard playing for England and an Englishman playing for Wales.


    Image removed by Bolt660 (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not have images in your signature which exceed the maximum limits for your usergroup.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    12,404
    Tokens
    0

    Latest Awards:

    Default

    If they are eligible then that's that. I can also understand why they may not necessarily prefer to play for the country they were born in - if I was an international footballer I reckon I would rather play for Ireland (I would be eligible, obviously) because I suppose I have always felt more patriotic (not really the right word but whatever) to Ireland than I have to England.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    8,388
    Tokens
    50
    Habbo
    lxce

    Latest Awards:

    Default

    you should play for the nation you're born in or lived in since like birth none of this legal to play for crap. It just ruins the competition because Algeria could be good and have a chance enhancing the competition with the players they should have. Same in cricket for us? our best player is from SA and so is Keiswetter (sp) who was intense in the T20 WC. So it isn't just football.

    and all this i'd fancy playing for England? I mean is everyone is doing it we should but it's not club football you should be proud to represent your nation.

    It is just went KP Boetang plays for Ghana and his brother plays for Germany.. why does he play for Ghana?
    Last edited by luce; 14-06-2010 at 07:17 PM.


  6. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    North England
    Posts
    5,718
    Tokens
    0

    Latest Awards:

    Default

    KP Boateng and Jerome are step brothers. Not sure how that helps.

    Alot of players for the "total football" team of the Netherlands were born in South America.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Rhondda
    Posts
    6,460
    Tokens
    0

    Latest Awards:

    Default

    He played for Germany at as a teenager but he realised he wouldn't get chances so opted for Ghana. Jerome got a chance with Germany so played for them. They both have German mothers and Ghanaian father.s
    .

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,426
    Tokens
    0

    Latest Awards:

    Default

    Paul Green, Doncaster born and bred now plays for the Republic of Ireland.



    sod the lot

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    North England
    Posts
    5,718
    Tokens
    0

    Latest Awards:

    Default

    Rob Green was born and bred in England and he plays for USA. No wait.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    12,404
    Tokens
    0

    Latest Awards:

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by luce View Post
    you should play for the nation you're born in or lived in since like birth none of this legal to play for crap. It just ruins the competition because Algeria could be good and have a chance enhancing the competition with the players they should have. Same in cricket for us? our best player is from SA and so is Keiswetter (sp) who was intense in the T20 WC. So it isn't just football.

    and all this i'd fancy playing for England? I mean is everyone is doing it we should but it's not club football you should be proud to represent your nation.

    It is just went KP Boetang plays for Ghana and his brother plays for Germany.. why does he play for Ghana?
    That's a very short-sighted approach. In my case maybe it's because my parents are Irish so I'd feel they'd be more proud of me playing for Ireland, or maybe I'd be more proud of myself given that pretty much my whole family is Irish. I don't feel as much of a personal thing with England even though I was born here and I've lived here all my life. I still want England to win the World Cup - but if Ireland were involved I'd probably be supporting them equally (and I wouldn't know what to do if they met in the later stages ).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •