HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Management choices and positions aren't up for debate - it's best to put that one to rest as it's not going to change. David can run HxHD effectively, we see him doing his day to day jobs on a daily basis and Jordan is always there to cover when necessary (the point in an Assistant).

@ FlyingJesus, it is rare that you will actually see the outcome of a valid complaint, mainly as 90% the outcome is a PM to the staff member about what they have done wrong. These PMs have always been private and will remain private. Therefore screaming the "nothing's ever done" argument is a little silly. Also your argument about people not going there for help anymore, I don't know how but this has actually changed, everytime I'm in HxHD I see people being helped. HxHD is very successful at the moment.

I see the benefits of adding a Battle Ball in a bigger room but I also see the disadvantages, if by adding something it disadvantages some of our guests with lag then we're not willing to do it. We need to find the best for all remember, not just a few!
    "You live more riding bikes like these for 5 minutes than most people do in their entire lives"

RIP Marco Simoncelli ~ 1987 - 2011
    Previous Habbox Roles: Shows Manager, Help Desk Manager, Forum Moderator, Forum Super Moderator, Assistant Forum Manager, Forum Manager, Assistant General Manager (Staff), General Manager.

Retired from Habbox May 2011

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Hecktix View Post

@ FlyingJesus, it is rare that you will actually see the outcome of a valid complaint, mainly as 90% the outcome is a PM to the staff member about what they have done wrong. These PMs have always been private and will remain private. Therefore screaming the "nothing's ever done" argument is a little silly. Also your argument about people not going there for help anymore, I don't know how but this has actually changed, everytime I'm in HxHD I see people being helped. HxHD is very successful at the moment.
    When I report people, I expect that to be a 1/3 warning or w/e. I was under the impress 3 warnings and you're dismissed. Does this not happen anymore? I reported someone twice and then they've broken other forum rules which would lead to another forum rule.. what about that? Maybe we could get some clarification on rules for once.

I wouldn't call the HxHD very successful and thats because users don't even know the basic rules. Heck, not even staff know the rules. You have some staff warning people for saying shutup and then other staffsaying shutup the next day. It's not a specific complaint because I won't report good, dedicated workers but it's still an issue. Also, no offence but I never see you in the helpdesk. The only times you go in are when you have to kick someone or when the forum is down. So judging the success of a department because of what you've seen when you actually haven't seen alot is pretty stupid IMO.

@Management Decisions

It isn't up to us. However we are providing suggestions on how Habbox could be better and our suggestion was for David to step down. Not saying he should be forcefully demoted, not saying he should because he doesn't put in enough effort.. I'm saying it because David has what.. 4 other jobs? (Didn't check). Jordesh has one. Jordan has more time to focus on the Helpdesk and making it better.
    Last edited by Josh; 19-11-2010 at 01:32 PM.
    r.i.p.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Wiizzz View Post
    When I report people, I expect that to be a 1/3 warning or w/e. I was under the impress 3 warnings and you're dismissed. Does this not happen anymore? I reported someone twice and then they've broken other forum rules which would lead to another forum rule.. what about that? Maybe we could get some clarification on rules for once.

I wouldn't call the HxHD very successful and thats because users don't even know the basic rules. Heck, not even staff know the rules. You have some staff warning people for saying shutup and then other staffsaying shutup the next day. It's not a specific complaint because I won't report good, dedicated workers but it's still an issue. Also, no offence but I never see you in the helpdesk. The only times you go in are when you have to kick someone or when the forum is down. So judging the success of a department because of what you've seen when you actually haven't seen alot is pretty stupid IMO.

@Management Decisions

It isn't up to us. However we are providing suggestions on how Habbox could be better and our suggestion was for David to step down. Not saying he should be forcefully demoted, not saying he should because he doesn't put in enough effort.. I'm saying it because David has what.. 4 other jobs? (Didn't check). Jordesh has one. Jordan has more time to focus on the Helpdesk and making it better.
    Staff rule breaking system is something that doesn't need to be publicised, I will fire a member of staff for breaking repeated rules as and when I see it necessary, the "three strikes and you're out" system is employed in some departments and in those departments it works well however I'm not willing to fire a member of staff for breaking three silly rules - that would be wasting good staff which is something which would be incredibly pointless and detrimental to Habbox.

You'll see from annoucnements I'm not scared to fire anybody and General Management will fire staff as and when we see it appropriate, however dismissal should always be the last resort here at Habbox. I'm sorry, but if you're using the philosophy that you can complain about someone three times and get them fired then you are proving exactly why we don't follow this system, because you could very easily report someone you don't like three times, for instance.

You are now criticising David for having multiple jobs at Habbox? Some of the best Managers Habbox has seen have had multiple jobs, Adzeh for example managed both News and HabboxLive and did both absolutely brilliantly. You cannot judge the amount of time a Manager has by the amount of jobs they have - David has plenty of time for Habbox Help Desk and should he start having time problems he would contact us regarding getting them sorted.

It's not a complex operation managing a help desk, David can manage it perfectly with the assistance of Jordan - that's the whole point in an Assistant Manager.

I've been in HxHD every night for the past week from 7pm GMT until either when I go offline at around 1am GMT or when I go out, of course you wouldn't see me very often as you're in a completely different timezone. Each evening when I have been in there HxHD has been very busy and people are getting helped - I judge this to be successful, we have successfully covered UK peak hours which is a success, as this has always been a problem. Now UK peak hours has been sorted to a reasonable standard I now think HxHD needs to focus on other timezones - something which has always been a weakness in HxHD and perhaps this is why you have a problem with it, but from a UK perspective Habbox Help Desk is successful at the moment and for me, this is a start.
    "You live more riding bikes like these for 5 minutes than most people do in their entire lives"

Previous Habbox Roles: Shows Manager, Help Desk Manager, Forum Moderator, Forum Super Moderator, Assistant Forum Manager, Forum Manager, Assistant General Manager (Staff), General Manager.

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

If that 90% figure is true then 1) I still would have seen a couple of actions by now and 2) that effectively means staff have 10 strikes, which is far too often for (legitimate) complaints to be received. If it's not the case then I'd appreciate if management would refrain from lying to me in order to pass off my comments as "a little silly".
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingJesus View Post
    If that 90% figure is true then 1) I still would have seen a couple of actions by now and 2) that effectively means staff have 10 strikes, which is far too often for (legitimate) complaints to be received. If it's not the case then I'd appreciate if management would refrain from lying to me in order to pass off my comments as "a little silly".
    By 90%, I mean 90% of the time any staff complaint will simply result in a PM to the staff member - not a specific staff member but the figure was given in general. In cases where it's NOT a pm (the other 10% of the time) it will either be dismissal or the valid complaint is about such a small issue we can deal with it in another way than a formal PM.

I think you misunderstood what I said there. You haven't seen any action from your complaint because staff punishment is private, simple.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Hecktix View Post
    Staff rule breaking system is something that doesn't need to be publicised, I will fire a member of staff for breaking repeated rules as and when I see it necessary, the "three strikes and you're out" system is employed in some departments and in those departments it works well however I'm not willing to fire a member of staff for breaking three silly rules - that would be wasting good staff which is something which would be incredibly pointless and detrimental to Habbox.

You'll see from annoucnements I'm not scared to fire anybody and General Management will fire staff as and when we see it appropriate, however dismissal should always be the last resort here at Habbox. I'm sorry, but if you're using the philosophy that you can complain about someone three times and get them fired then you are proving exactly why we don't follow this system, because you could very easily report someone you don't like three times, for instance.

No I'm not using the 3 strikes your out for people I don't like. I am selective in who I report and that is probably a good thing.

You are now criticising David for having multiple jobs at Habbox? Some of the best Managers Habbox has seen have had multiple jobs, Adzeh for example managed both News and HabboxLive and did both absolutely brilliantly. You cannot judge the amount of time a Manager has by the amount of jobs they have - David has plenty of time for Habbox Help Desk and should he start having time problems he would contact us regarding getting them sorted.

Thank you for that history lesson. However, I'm not criticising him at all. Over the last month I've realised that David is actually alright but I've known he is good staff for a long time. All I am saying is that if he dropped to a slightly lower role, it might benefit Habbox as Jordesh can focus more of his time into it while HotelUser can still manage etc etc but also focus more on the v6 which all users are eagerly anticipating. It is possible Jordesh is being limited by the simple title of assistant. If he was at the reigns, we could see even more improvements to the department with HotelUser by his side.

It's not a complex operation managing a help desk, David can manage it perfectly with the assistance of Jordan - that's the whole point in an Assistant Manager.

I've been in HxHD every night for the past week from 7pm GMT until either when I go offline at around 1am GMT or when I go out, of course you wouldn't see me very often as you're in a completely different timezone. Each evening when I have been in there HxHD has been very busy and people are getting helped - I judge this to be successful, we have successfully covered UK peak hours which is a success, as this has always been a problem. Now UK peak hours has been sorted to a reasonable standard I now think HxHD needs to focus on other timezones - something which has always been a weakness in HxHD and perhaps this is why you have a problem with it, but from a UK perspective Habbox Help Desk is successful at the moment and for me, this is a start.

That's true, I do see a dead helpdesk most of the time and it'd be lovely to see you in there earlier so I could actually see some management in there. My timezone restricts me from seeing anyone in high up roles for longer than 10 minutes unless I'm willing to stay up into the early morning (). Also, even if I'm from another timezone, I do eagerly await peak time (for UK) and I consider just after school a pretty busy time too. Unfortunately, there isn't any staff in here (specifically HxHD staff).

sorry if what i type doesnt make sense it's late
    r.i.p.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Conservative,

Latest Awards:

Saurav and a few others have a personal vendetta against him. The rest of us don't have a problem with David, we just don't think HxHD is living up to it's full potential and maybe David demoting (is that a word) himself could help. It helps to have an international manager, but the HxHD is mainly UK-orientated so having David as the international manager and Jordesh being the UK manager might help.

@Shar - If they are so alike, merge them and let them both me manager. 1 intl and 1 local uk
    I like the idea of 2 HxHD managers. David is a good manager but I reckon with Jordan having reign over UK he can help boost UK activity and David can concentrate on Intnl

In general I agree with the original suggestions except for demoting David. Allow him to stay but as I said move him to Intnl and promote Jordan to UK manager.

Battle Banzai/Battle Ball would be awesome to have in HxHD, just yesterday I went on my downstairs computer which is ancient, takes ages to load, and has about 10mb of memory left (yes it's got no memory), I then went into a hugely populated room and it was fine. Lag is never an issue unless you're on a computer with windows 98. BB would be brilliant to have in the HxHD, and I agree that making the room have 50 maximum capacity would be great. About a week ago I was using HxHD as my party room and it was full. I got messages throughout saying "room's full" "room's full can you kick som1" ect...We need to up the capacity if we're going to maximize potential.

DJ Robbie
    Former Jobs: Events Organiser, News Reporter, HxHD

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by R0BB13G View Post
    I like the idea of 2 HxHD managers. David is a good manager but I reckon with Jordan having reign over UK he can help boost UK activity and David can concentrate on Intnl

In general I agree with the original suggestions except for demoting David. Allow him to stay but as I said move him to Intnl and promote Jordan to UK manager.

Battle Banzai/Battle Ball would be awesome to have in HxHD, just yesterday I went on my downstairs computer which is ancient, takes ages to load, and has about 10mb of memory left (yes it's got no memory), I then went into a hugely populated room and it was fine. Lag is never an issue unless you're on a computer with windows 98. BB would be brilliant to have in the HxHD, and I agree that making the room have 50 maximum capacity would be great. About a week ago I was using HxHD as my party room and it was full. I got messages throughout saying "room's full" "room's full can you kick som1" ect...We need to up the capacity if we're going to maximize potential.
    Just for clarification, I don't want David demoted. I want him to step down as HIS DECISION.

Also, I don't think DJs wanting a bigger room is a good reason to increase the size of the room.
    r.i.p.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Conservative,

Latest Awards:

Just for clarification, I don't want David demoted. I want him to step down as HIS DECISION.

Also, I don't think DJs wanting a bigger room is a good reason to increase the size of the room.
    I was giving that an example...but also other people who are/were not tuned in couldn't get in.

And OK sorry didn't mean to take your words out of context, but I think making David international manager & Jordan UK Manager would be more effective than David stepping down.

DJ Robbie
    Former Jobs: Events Organiser, News Reporter, HxHD

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123