HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Martin is offline Habbox Merit
    Ex Assistant General Manager (Community)

Tokens
    Habbo
    Bolt660

Latest Awards:

I don't think there's anything wrong at all with the current system. Moderators are simply letting a member know that their thread has moved. It's not a punishment, warning or any other kind of formal message- it's simply a friendly note. It's never been an issue before, and is far more easier and laid back than doing it through a PM. Normal replies we get back are things like "thanks" and "oh ok" etc and it's just nice to have a bit of dialogue between members/moderators. It also gets members familar with who moderators are.

In regards to Moderation PM's. This is an ongoing battle and it would be impossible to find the perfect balance here. There are only so many ways you can convey a rulebreak in a PM, and the vast majority of these will be similar. The PM's do their job of alerting what rule was broken etc, and I believe if you make it too "jokey" the PM won't be taken seriously and the rule will simply be broken again. We try to help members by making PM's crystal clear as to what rule was broken and ensuring that members are familiar with that rule.

PM's sent to newer members (who have previously not been contacted) are often a lot more friendly now compared to previous times, and we do ensure they are made to feel welcome whilst at the same time being nudged in the right direction regarding the rules.

YOU CAN WIN STUFFS BY ENTERING COMPS! CLICK ON THE PICTURE!

Former:

Forum Moderator (x2), Forum Super Moderator (x4), Assistant Forum Manager,
    News Reporter, Assistant News Manager, Events Organiser (x3), Competitions Staff (x2), Senior Competitions Staff,
    Rare Values Reporter, Trade Expert, Senior Events Organiser (x3), Assistant Events Manager (x2)
    Forum Manager, News Manager (x2), Acting HxHD Manager, HxHD Room Owner, Assistant Comps Manager , Events Manager -
    Assistant General Manager (Community), Articles Manager

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt660 View Post
    I don't think there's anything wrong at all with the current system. Moderators are simply letting a member know that their thread has moved. It's not a punishment, warning or any other kind of formal message- it's simply a friendly note.
    If it's just a moved thread why not PM saying

Subject: Your thread
    Content: I moved it HERE

Simples. It's laid back and it's not clogging up my visitor messages.
    Chippiewill.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I find that infraction and warning pms clog up my inbox, I'd rather have a vm about something than a pm. You'd only not want a vm cos it makes you look like a noob for not knowing what section to put your thread in

Tokens
    Habbo
    rnix

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by stephenHi View Post
    I find that infraction and warning pms clog up my inbox, I'd rather have a vm about something than a pm. You'd only not want a vm cos it makes you look like a noob for not knowing what section to put your thread in
    Hardly :L
    I'd rather not have it clog up my profile actually.
    forever the queen.

Martin is offline Habbox Merit
    Ex Assistant General Manager (Community)

Tokens
    Habbo
    Bolt660

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Renior View Post
    Hardly :L
    I'd rather not have it clog up my profile actually.
    See this is where we're never going to win. Some people will prefer visitor messages since they dislike PM's/their inbox being filled and some people will be the opposite.

At the end of the day it's only a quick note from another member of this forum letting you know where your thread has gone- it's nothing major/not a rulebreak and if you post in the correct forums it won't happen too often either. Visitor messages are more relaxed, easier for communication and it's not going to hurt having the odd visitor message saying "hey, your thread has been moved here" etc.

YOU CAN WIN STUFFS BY ENTERING COMPS! CLICK ON THE PICTURE!

Former:

Forum Moderator (x2), Forum Super Moderator (x4), Assistant Forum Manager,
    News Reporter, Assistant News Manager, Events Organiser (x3), Competitions Staff (x2), Senior Competitions Staff,
    Rare Values Reporter, Trade Expert, Senior Events Organiser (x3), Assistant Events Manager (x2)
    Forum Manager, News Manager (x2), Acting HxHD Manager, HxHD Room Owner, Assistant Comps Manager , Events Manager -
    Assistant General Manager (Community), Articles Manager

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Not being funny or anything but what the point of using a vistor message when they dont even reply back to ya via PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazi View Post
    100mbps would just lead to people doing everything possible on the internet, thus completing the internet and having to trade it in or something due to it not being fun anymore.

Tokens
    Habbo
    HotelUser

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Rapidshare View Post
    Not being funny or anything but what the point of using a vistor message when they dont even reply back to ya via PM.
    I'm not so sure the contact should have a disciplinary gist to it, but more of a notification feeling of sorts. I always post on profiles when I move threads; t's not a big deal that a thread had to be moved and a PM increases the scare factor. A user could interpret a private message as more intimidating than a visitor message due to its nature. If they don't reply to either it's alright, because it serves as a notification, a safety so that someone doesn't say, hey, where did my thread go-- I can't find it.
    I'm not crazy, ask my toaster.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123