HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: New Mods

Tokens
    Habbo
    Mark

Latest Awards:

How were these mods picked when apps didn't even open? :L Even though I have nothing but congrats towards the mods I'm confused how the heck they were chosen? :S

Tokens
    Habbo
    Jordesh

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by markypee4 View Post
    How were these mods picked when apps didn't even open? :L Even though I have nothing but congrats towards the mods I'm confused how the heck they were chosen? :S
    I was like, 'oh' when I saw new moderators, I'm trying hard to get in but It never works anyway. D:

Tokens
    Habbo
    Alex3213

Latest Awards:

By reccomendations / reporting many posts I guess, maybe some old moderators asked to return if there was a space available or something. Likelyhood anyway! Edan (Yoshimitsui) once told me that posting a lot on the forum, especially in feedback commenting on suggestions freely minded and reporting posts was a good way to get noticed or that you have potential to be a moderator.

It's good to see there's more moderators: it makes sense.
    Last edited by Alex3213; 22-11-2010 at 04:31 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Mark

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Jordos50 View Post
    I was like, 'oh' when I saw new moderators, I'm trying hard to get in but It never works anyway. D:
    Likewise...

Quote Originally Posted by Alex3213 View Post
    By reccomendations / reporting many posts I guess, maybe some old moderators asked to return if there was a space available or something. Likelyhood anyway! Edan (Yoshimitsui) once told me that posting a lot on the forum, especially in feedback commenting on suggestions freely minded and reporting posts was a good way to get noticed or that you have potential to be a moderator.

It's good to see there's more moderators: it makes sense.
    If that is the case where is the need in apps?
    Also, I don't really see the point in how Sarah resigned and the next day came back as an SMOD? Why didn't she just get demoted? I think other Moderators should have been considered before making her SMOD imo. No offence to Sarah in any shape or form I'm just a little confused on the situation as a whole...

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I don't see how 'no new mod' is capable but HotelUser was a new mod and now is a SMOD? He deserves it but it isn't fair in saying no new mod is capable.

Also, Mr-Trainor was SMOD Catzsy was AGM (C) so maybe they just returned to the department, which I have nothing against.

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

Likewise...

Also, I don't really see the point in how Sarah resigned and the next day came back as an SMOD? Why didn't she just get demoted? I think other Moderators should have been considered before making her SMOD imo. No offence to Sarah in any shape or form I'm just a little confused on the situation as a whole...

Because there isn't always people who would like to return or theres no good recommendations at the time and that is why applications are open to find the correct people for the job. In regards of Sarah, yes that could of taken place but I'm sure at the time she just wanted to resign and that was it but we all change our minds within minutes/hours and what not so not really a problem.

Previous Habbox Roles
    Co-Owner of Habbox | General Manager | Assistant General Manager (Staff) | Forum Manager | Super Moderator | Forum Moderator

Tokens
    Habbo
    Alex3213

Latest Awards:

Likewise...

Apps are a secondary figure in my honest opinion just like Habbox Help Desk. Reccomendations and showing it with primary evidence rather than just writing something down is always gonna be better. I'm sure other Moderators were considered but Sarah was AFM and then came back within around 48 hours, Lizzie came back as SS and it was around a week. I don't see the problem really.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Moderator applications were open the week before last, the moderators were chosen from those applications apart from Catzsy and Con who asked to return.

Samanfa - nobody said "no new mod isnt capable" - that would be a rather silly thing to say.

Whoever said we should have given others a chance over Sarah, are you joking? We aim to get the best moderators and the best Super Moderators therefore if there's an opportunity to hire someone who would be an excellent super moderator who has only just resigned from the department, we'll damn well do it. There is no ladder system in the mod department, you don't get Super Moderator for being in the department for a certain amount of time, hell we'd get a lot of complaints then. Super Moderator is a highly prestigious role and takes a lot of work, talent and trust. We aren't going to hand it out willy nilly.
    "You live more riding bikes like these for 5 minutes than most people do in their entire lives"

RIP Marco Simoncelli ~ 1987 - 2011
    Previous Habbox Roles: Shows Manager, Help Desk Manager, Forum Moderator, Forum Super Moderator, Assistant Forum Manager, Forum Manager, Assistant General Manager (Staff), General Manager.

Retired from Habbox May 2011

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Great to see Catzsy back, one of the best moderators this forum has ever had, comes with no hidden agendas.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I seem to remember being flamed for saying the 'new method' wouldn't work by general management.

Oh woops lol

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast