HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Mrs.McCall

Latest Awards:

Martin manages his time across departments carefully and we haven't seen a lack in the quality of his management.

I understand what you're saying but Articles would need to be ran by someone who is able to manage a content-based Department and who has a strong history of doing so. Why not the current News Manager? Both the Senior News Reporters (I think) worked in Articles too. I don't see a problem. Of course, on the website, it'd go under an Articles header but in terms of Management, Martin is the best guy.

Having anyone else would mean them having to get used to the role, learning the ropes, having a team bought in. It'd take a lot more time and effort which could be spent on getting Articles reintroduced. Then, over time, depending on popularity it could be phased out.

Mrs.McCall - I'm out of this world.

Read all about me

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Surely if it's content based then why not the AGM of content? What's stopping them being the articles manager to get it up and running before it makes a false start and folds?

I feel you're disagreeing because you want martin as the manager.

I feel it's unfair you're wanting it under a habbo department, yes it may have it's own section but it won't get the dedication needed. No matter what you say you are of course too thinly spread if you take on a new job, that needs full attention. otherwise it'll fail. it will.

my message to martin:
    *REMOVED*

moderator alert Edited by Bolt660 (Assistant Forum Manager): Please do not post private content

Last edited by Martin; 23-11-2010 at 12:24 AM. Reason: adding message
    ​KISS MY ARSE MATT GARNER.
    better?

Tokens
    Habbo
    Conservative,

Latest Awards:

Articles will fail as it's own department it won't get enough attention and will fold. It's a good idea but it needs to be part of news no questions it's obviously the only logical way.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

It's someone's choice whether they choose to multi-task. He wouldn't do them if he didn't think he could handle it.

You're saying that they're failing to realise that the issue with news is that "IT'S HABBO" but what they're trying to say is that it doesn't have to be. If you think the news department is failing then fair enough, that's an opinion, you're entitled to an opinion but it'd be really helpful for them if you could say why you think it's failing. I don't want to speak for you but I often hear people saying 'more opinions' and 'more investigation'. Both of which can be solved by making them write articles both Habbo and non-Habbo to suit both audiences.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Mrs.McCall

Latest Awards:

The content agm has a lot more to worry about hence why he quit as Content Manager.

Look, I'm not disagreeing with you because I specifically want Martin. Surely if I were to disagree to be annoying I'd suggest myself as Manager considering I've been Articles and News Manager?

My point is, Martin IS a fantastic manager and News is a department that, admittedly, it flailing slightly but that's because there aren't a lot of us and there isn't a lot of News to report on! Articles would be the real boost we need. The news reporters are extremely talented but we're held back by the fact that there isn't always a lot for us to report on. That's nobody's fault, of course but just simple fact.

News under Articles would be the best bet.

Mrs.McCall - I'm out of this world.

Read all about me

Martin is offline Habbox Merit
    Ex Assistant General Manager (Community)

Tokens
    Habbo
    Bolt660

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Casanova View Post
    precisely, you're all amazing staff but you're positions and your actual audience get the news from habbo. Why on earth would you go a ten minute walk for a coffee each morning when you have a starbucks in the lobby? Guys, news isn't the best department to put it under because I think it's not going great it's self.

Yes, you can evolve the department, bring a fresher feel to your work (which is good while i'm looking at it!), get habbo articles, interviews, habbo room reviews--the issue is IT'S HABBO. How many times.

Habbo is in no way joined with real life, this is the reason why it shouldn't be put UNDER habbo news? Articles has nothing to do with habbo and you're fooling yourself if you think so. I just think it'll be an afterthought like it's been in the past. It'll fail once again.

And yes you're dedicated martin but open your eyes :S? you're in charge of the forum, news and you do competitions? what next? a space mission. You're more thinly spread than the scrapings of a jam jar.

---------- Post added 23-11-2010 at 12:12 AM ----------

martin I sent you a message asking and you said no, hop off the band wagon darlin'.

I will also say to you "HOW MANY TIMES" to you. We are not just a Habbo based department. We've shown that with entertainment news and inteviews. Who says its going to be put under "Habbo news" it's not. It would be merged- completely serperate- NEWS & ARTICLES.

Articles has nothing to do with habbo and you're fooling yourself if you think so
    I don't think so, so I'm not fooling myself at all. WE ARE NOT JUST HABBO, and we can easily do other stuff too.

And yes you're dedicated martin but open your eyes :S? you're in charge of the forum, news and you do competitions? what next? a space mission. You're more thinly spread than the scrapings of a jam jar.
    As also said in my last post- the main thing to make a department successful is having a dedicated hard working team. If the team is expanded and you have people interested the department pretty much runs itself. It's not hard managing, especially once you're used to it. Planning competitions for the site could easily be done with news and articles.

I just don't think having articles as a new/seperate department would work and could easily fail thus giving it a try with News can't do any harm and I think the proof will be there as to whether it would work or not.

Your PM was completely different, asking me about expanding the type of news I offer. I turned you down because it's not something I was currently doing, and I'm sure you wouldnt have been willing to hang around until the new year.

YOU CAN WIN STUFFS BY ENTERING COMPS! CLICK ON THE PICTURE!

Former:

Forum Moderator (x2), Forum Super Moderator (x4), Assistant Forum Manager,
    News Reporter, Assistant News Manager, Events Organiser (x3), Competitions Staff (x2), Senior Competitions Staff,
    Rare Values Reporter, Trade Expert, Senior Events Organiser (x3), Assistant Events Manager (x2)
    Forum Manager, News Manager (x2), Acting HxHD Manager, HxHD Room Owner, Assistant Comps Manager , Events Manager -
    Assistant General Manager (Community), Articles Manager

Tokens

Latest Awards:

i think it's failing because being honest I know no one that reads news? I'm not just saying that, no one I know of or interact with connected with habbo or this forum (i mean 'friends' off this forum) use habbox for news?

And I think it will fail because without the full dedication it will fail. martin is a fab guy, great at everything he does but c'mon four different jobs? three of them as a manager? that's surely a lot. if it wasn't then why of course is there three agm's and a gm on here? they need the dedicated staff to each department.

I think articles could work best with a manager and someone over-seeing it, ie the agm of content for a few months, or the AGM of content as 'manager' to build the department, give structure and tasks, assign everything... then once it's on it's feet they can move out, elect a manager.

Why is martin suited to the job? Surely the content manager/agm content is better :S?

---------- Post added 23-11-2010 at 12:27 AM ----------

martin can you tell me why articles is best under the news department? i'm not talking about habbo articles, but actual articles? you've gave no valid reason on why it should be in the news department? especially when you're saying it'll have it's own section and own staff?

look at it from this point then, shouldn't event and competitions be merged then?

---------- Post added 23-11-2010 at 12:28 AM ----------

oh i get it now, you want articles to hold up news?
    ​KISS MY ARSE MATT GARNER.
    better?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

People are probably saying Martin is better suited as they're two extremely similar departments. One is basically Habbo related and the other is not. As I said in my previous post we will be looking to introduce more Article type things to Habbox in the new year. I don't think that there needs to be an entirely separate department but we could just as easily have two sub-teams within one department which could work just fine.

We have heard this feedback now and we are acting upon it. I think it will be best to do as Martin said and ''watch this space''.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

There aren't articles on Habbox anymore? As a former articles manager this makes me sad. When I resigned 8Freak8 actually said I got the department back on track and had probably done more than anyone else had ever done for it. Alright, who is the culprit that let it fail? They must be punished.
    Last edited by Neversoft; 23-11-2010 at 12:31 AM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Neversoft View Post
    There aren't articles on Habbox anymore? As a former articles manager this makes me sad.
    The department was closed in 2007 (I think or early 2008), back when Professor-Alex was Articles and Forum Manager. Where have you been?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast