HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: The Ashes 2010

Tokens
    Habbo
    Conservative,

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Deak View Post
    If Australia dont bat again then it will be a draw... which is not good

But if we already lead by 300 then Australia start with -300 runs which if they then get 700 runs they could be then 400 runs in front whereas if we get them in now we could have a chance to get them out earlier with more time to do it in
    Oh I see....

DJ Robbie
    Former Jobs: Events Organiser, News Reporter, HxHD

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by HC0R3H00LIH00P View Post
    But wouldnt it just make more sense for england to just go for it and not allow australia to bat for the next 2 days? or isnt that how it works?
    Quote Originally Posted by R0BB13G View Post
    But why not bat until we're all out (maybe getting 700+ runs..?) and then just bowling until the end of the test...they won't make up 500 runs in 1 day.
    To win the game we need to bowl Australia out in their second innings for either less than the amount we have, or not much more than we have. If we don't bowl them all out, we lose.

If we bowl them all out for under our runs total (this takes into account their 250) so say if we declare now and bowl them all out for under 300 we win by an innings, as no matter what happens they can't top our runs.

If in their innings say they get 400 (this is saying if england declare now as it stands at 550), which I think is quite likely - I do not think we are going to be able to bowl them out as easily as we did in the first innings. So if this happens they take a lead of 100 runs. We then have to use our fourth innings to make 101 runs and they have to try and bowl us all out, if we make 101 we win, if we don't make 101 and they bowl us out they win, if they dont bowl us out in the latter situation it's a draw (as it is if we dont bowl them out innings 2).

Right, I used scores in there to make it make sense, ignore the scores as they weren't correct but helped explain.
    "You live more riding bikes like these for 5 minutes than most people do in their entire lives"

RIP Marco Simoncelli ~ 1987 - 2011
    Previous Habbox Roles: Shows Manager, Help Desk Manager, Forum Moderator, Forum Super Moderator, Assistant Forum Manager, Forum Manager, Assistant General Manager (Staff), General Manager.

Retired from Habbox May 2011

Tokens
    Habbo
    Conservative,

Latest Awards:

Okay thanks Oli.

DJ Robbie
    Former Jobs: Events Organiser, News Reporter, HxHD

Tokens

Latest Awards:

571/5 which is a lead of 326... England going for a quick few extra runs before declaring

Pietersen got 227 - his highest ever score
    Last edited by Deak; 05-12-2010 at 11:50 PM.
    :dance: McLaren F1 :dance: FC Barcelona :dance: Sheffield United FC :dance:

I have left for now but may return in the future!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Deak View Post
    571/5 which is a lead of 326... England going for a quick few extra runs before declaring
    at least it aint raining.
    "You live more riding bikes like these for 5 minutes than most people do in their entire lives"

Previous Habbox Roles: Shows Manager, Help Desk Manager, Forum Moderator, Forum Super Moderator, Assistant Forum Manager, Forum Manager, Assistant General Manager (Staff), General Manager.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Wehey saved by the review system

577/5

& yes thank god its not raining - they say it might rain on Tuesday which isn't going to bother the test

Tokens

Latest Awards:

What was the point in batting on? To get an extra 50 runs? Stupidity.
    PSN: StefanWolves
    Add me if you play COD Black Ops or Fifa 11.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by StefanWolves View Post
    What was the point in batting on? To get an extra 50 runs? Stupidity.
    They are only slogging it to get a few extra runs on the board... so should declare soon i reckon

Tokens

Latest Awards:

lucky that, I think they might go for 600 and declare either at 600 or when these two are out, they don't wanna make the bowlers bat too much.

---------- Post added 05-12-2010 at 11:59 PM ----------

I think England are playing games here, they're just going for it like it's an ODI lol.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

They are probably doing it to try and tire there opening batsmen and to make sure we've got enough runs for them not to get to

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast