HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Windows 8 leak

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Milestone View Post
    Accidental or not, it was still the key step between the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    Aye, but it needn't have been if they'd had it tested more, it tarnished the name a bit, when most people think Vista, they would think flawed due to its incompatability with a fair bunch of windows xp programs.
    Windows Vista wasn't that bad really, it had some problems which Microsoft could of indeed spotted before releasing and what not and yes testing more would of been ideal. Even MS themselves have commented on how Vista was some what of a fail (not sure if they exactly said that, but they acknowledged what certain people were saying) It got better with the service packs didn't it?

Now they made Windows 7, an operating system that I believe is a very good OS to use on a daily basis. Now Windows 7 has sold millions and is like the best selling operating system to this date.

Windows 8 will be important for Microsoft to get right because I'm sure they do not want another Vista in that sense and would love another success like Windows 7.

Windows XP > Blah, it's like 10 years old. Time to move on!

---------- Post added 13-04-2011 at 10:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by markypee4 View Post
    Every second Windows OS is crap, vista was and Windows 8 will be.
    All I can say to that is, wait and see.

Previous Habbox Roles
    Co-Owner of Habbox | General Manager | Assistant General Manager (Staff) | Forum Manager | Super Moderator | Forum Moderator

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I think the problem is with Vista, they did everything pretty much from scratch. If I recall correctly the majority of the old XP code was scrapped. Now they've had time with the new "foundations", I think all OS's from the Vista branch will be excellent.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Windows Vista was a brilliant operating system, Microsoft needed to release it to lay the foundations for the new base code as Stephen said. It's memory management was far superior to Windows XP for a start. Unfortunatly hardware manufacturers were reluctant to write and test code reliably for the new OS, which is what caused the problems.

Looking forward to Windows 8... so long as it doesn't move everything into the cloud.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippiewill View Post
    e-rebel forum moderator
    :8

Tokens

Latest Awards:

You're extrapolating a pattern out of one occurrence? That's horrendously dumb.

Are you saying Windows 95 was bad? Windows 2000 was bad?
    Chippiewill.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

You're extrapolating a pattern out of one occurrence? That's horrendously dumb.

Are you saying Windows 95 was bad? Windows 2000 was bad?
    People aren't properly up with their history.

He's probably referring to Windows Me which was horrific. Windows 2000 never got much market share as XP was released so soon after and 2000 was essentially XP without the blue taskbar and green start button IIRC.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Every other user on HxF is a fool. - a baseless comment that doesn't even make sense. Just like yours.

Did a quick search - not sure if this is correct, but going by "every second Windows OS is crap" you are actually talking about Windows XP/7/9:

----

-- Windows NT (Full 32-bit kernel, not dependenton MS-DOS):

Windows NT 3.1 March 31, 1994
    Windows NT 3.5 September 21, 1994
    Windows NT 3.51 May 30, 1995
    Windows NT 4.0 July 31, 1996
    Windows 2000 (Windows NT 5.0), February 17, 2000
    Windows XP October 25, 2001
    Windows Server 2003 April 24, 2003
    Windows Fundamentals for Legacy PCs July 8, 2006
    Windows Vista January 31, 2007
    Windows Home Server February 28, 2008
    Windows Server 2008 February 28, 2008
    Windows 7 October 22, 2009
    Windows 8 April 01, 2011

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Milestone View Post
    Every other user on HxF is a fool. - a baseless comment that doesn't even make sense. Just like yours.

Did a quick search - not sure if this is correct, but going by "every second Windows OS is crap" you are actually talking about Windows XP/7/9:

----

-- Windows NT (Full 32-bit kernel, not dependenton MS-DOS):

Windows NT 3.1 March 31, 1994
    Windows NT 3.5 September 21, 1994
    Windows NT 3.51 May 30, 1995
    Windows NT 4.0 July 31, 1996
    Windows 2000 (Windows NT 5.0), February 17, 2000
    Windows XP October 25, 2001
    Windows Server 2003 April 24, 2003
    Windows Fundamentals for Legacy PCs July 8, 2006
    Windows Vista January 31, 2007
    Windows Home Server February 28, 2008
    Windows Server 2008 February 28, 2008
    Windows 7 October 22, 2009
    Windows 8 April 01, 2011
    You could technically argue that minor version changes don't count in which case NT.2, 4 and Vista would all be every other version, it would also make Windows Vista, Seven and Eight also all the same version (All being version 6.x)

People aren't properly up with their history.

He's probably referring to Windows Me which was horrific. Windows 2000 never got much market share as XP was released so soon after and 2000 was essentially XP without the blue taskbar and green start button IIRC.
    ME was before 2000 which would make it on an alternate set as Vista. As you can see, that'd make XP the bad OS or 2000 the bad OS.

ME->2000>XP->Vista

Of course then it's even more confusing because ME and 2000 are from two different sets of Windows, NT and 9x (back when consumer and business where completely separate versions).
    Chippiewill.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

You could technically argue that minor version changes don't count in which case NT.2, 4 and Vista would all be every other version, it would also make Windows Vista, Seven and Eight also all the same version (All being version 6.x)

ME was before 2000 which would make it on an alternate set as Vista. As you can see, that'd make XP the bad OS or 2000 the bad OS.

ME->2000>XP->Vista

Of course then it's even more confusing because ME and 2000 are from two different sets of Windows, NT and 9x (back when consumer and business where completely separate versions).
    Yes, I know this. However I think we should stop thinking about the original ludicrous statement. Someone less intelligent will probably end up taking it as true.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I'm fascinated by how some people are immediately drawing conclusions These presumptions are wild, and immediately claiming "there are no changes" from a picture claiming "it's exactly the same as Windows 7" probably earns you a place in front of a firing squad - such ignorance deems you unfit for life.

It's an OS and has a possible-name-slash-code-name, that's all I've learnt from this.

EDIT: The leak is obviously interesting, though it doesn't really add anything to what has already been confirmed and hinted.
    Last edited by GommeInc; 14-04-2011 at 12:22 AM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Just read somewhere that there's ribbon on windows explorer now:

Me: Happy as hell (I love the Ribbon interface, sexy as hell)

Also saw this screenshot and instantly realised that they're working on making an interface that works on tablets:
    Chippiewill.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast