HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Windows 8 leak

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I think I'll wait until we can see more of the new features (yes that does partially mean new UI, don't shout at me...) and new technologies featured before I pass judgement. Expect my response around late 2012.
    AMD Phenom X4 955 BE - 8GB RAM - Asus M5A97 - MSI HD6870 HAWK - Windows 8.1 Pro 64 - Samsung 840 Pro 256GB
    -----------------------------------------------------------

Tokens

Latest Awards:

A leaked build of Windows 8 has hit the internet. The beta forum BetaArchive has one of the first records of the release, which was uploaded by an anonymous user (of course).

The file name for the 2.45 GB image is 6.1.7850.0.winmain_win8m1.100922-1508_x86fre_client-enterprise_en-us.iso. But it's a fake.

Slyck read the feedback from torrent sites and found comments saying that this is just Windows 7 renamed to Windows 8: "This is a fake. Info gathered from files : 6.1.7600. 16385(win7_rtm.090713-1255). Since Win 8 is a new kernel, this aint it."
    Confirmed fake, fail: http://www.tomshardware.com/news/win...ent,12575.html

Tokens

Latest Awards:

It's not fake. Microsoft have been trying to get the torrents and other downloads removed.

Of course it's still Windows 7. It's the very, very first build after Windows 7 SP1.
    Last edited by Stephen!; 14-04-2011 at 09:59 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
    It's not fake. Microsoft have been trying to get the torrents and other downloads removed.
    I didn't think it was fake when looking at it at first, now I just don't know what to believe until M$ announce it themselves.

EDIT: After reading this article I 100% believe this is real now.
    Last edited by april; 14-04-2011 at 10:05 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I expect the coders haven't gone round and changed all the 'Win7' occurrences to 'Win8' yet because there's no point until the public is meant to see it (That and it confuses people into saying fake if they see it)
    Chippiewill.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Ha haven't visited Habbox for a few days and this post made me lol.

I'd rather Microsoft perfected and added whatever old/new features, services etc before working on the design. Yeah I agree that the design is important, and I don't like it when people think programs should look focus completely on features, its good to do both.

However, the design for Windows can easily be sorted once the majority of other stuff has been done. I bet Windows 8 will look similar anyways to windows 7, so that most users will find it easy to use. Windows Vista and 7 had a lot of design similarities I believe - only used the RC of Vista then went back to XP.

I'm on Windows 7 now and it's pretty decent although sometimes some bits can be a little more annoying than in XP - e.g. when a program froze I used to be able to end it a lot quicker in XP, although that might also be down to my computer being a bit old now.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456