HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Eoin247

Latest Awards:

Default Did the U.S.A really land on the moon? [ ENDS: 05/07/11 ]

In 1969, Did the U.S.A really land on the moon?

On February 15, 2001 the FOX television network aired a program titled Conspiracy Theory: Did We Land On The Moon? This program showed alleged evidence that NASA faked the moon landings.

Ever since the end of the apollo programme, there have been many claims that NASA actualy never landed on the moon in 1969.

There are many claims for and against this motion, but here are few of the top ones for either side.

Against:

In 1967, under unknown circumstances, 11 NASA astronauts died. Could this have been done on purpose to avoid leakage of the to be staged mission?

The reason for the poor quality pictures was done on purpose to avoid proper examinations.

The sky should be full of stars in the pictures, yet the sky is pitch black.

Some say that the technology (computers and otherwise) simply was not advanced enough back then.

For:

The USSR was monitoring the USA very closely during the cold war. How could this have gone undetected?

The USA would never risk faking a moon landing and being caught.

Apollo astronauts didn't return empty-handed. They brought 841 pounds of the Moon back with them.

The Soviets would have jumped all over the videos as proof of American failure if they had just a wink of an opportunity back then.

So what do you think? Were these moon landings faked?

Debate!

This debate will end on the 06/07/11. After this the thread will be closed and a top contributer will be chosen and awarded with a month of VIP in a colour of their choice.
    Bonjour, la noirceur, mon vieil ami
    Je suis venu te reparler
    Car une vision piétinante doucement
    A laissé ses graines lorsque je dormais
    Et la vision
    Qui était plantée dans mon cerveau
    Demeure toujours
    Parmi le son du silence

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Eoin247 View Post
    In 1967, under unknown circumstances, 11 NASA astronauts died. Could this have been done on purpose to avoid leakage of the to be staged mission?
    No, this is just a large, unsupported assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Eoin247
    The sky should be full of stars in the pictures, yet the sky is pitch black.
    Try taking a photograph of the night sky tonight and you will find that, when looking back, you won't be able to see any stars. In order to take decent photographs of stars, you would have to keep the shutter open longer to let more light in to the lens. As this wasn't feasible on the moon, there are no stars. Simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Eoin247
    Some say that the technology (computers and otherwise) simply was not advanced enough back then.
    Apparently your average desktop computer right now is about as powerful as the computers used to take us to the moon. Of course we were advanced enough, and this is yet again another large, unsupported assumption.

I've always found it quite annoying how people just can't accept that it was real. Perhaps I'm just as bad (the other way), but I fail to understand why the United States would lie about it. Let's be honest - how do you explain the 841 pounds of moon rock which was returned, and the American flag which is still on the moon, if the whole thing was a fake?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

yes it was real

/thread

I don't understand why people think it wasn't???? No stars were seen because the sun and other planets simply outshone them and camera shutter speed was too fast.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I don't see the point in writing a big reply for this. Another debate which really doesn't need to be debated imo!

Yes it was real.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Lacey1231

Latest Awards:

They wouldn't be able to get away with it someone would of spragged on them by now
    Laaaaaaccccceeeeeeeeeey

Tokens
    Habbo
    Conservative,

Latest Awards:

Matthew's pretty much said what I want, however...

Also, to add to the debate I'll be devil's advocate and throw a few more conspiracy theories in:

Against:
    The radiation in space from the sun, outside of our atmosphere, is too powerful for a simple aluminium shuttle to absorb and the astronauts would've fried in the shuttle or very rapidly contracted cancer due to mass exposure to the radiation in space.

In footage, you can see a reflection in the visor of the astronaut's helmets - with a bright light in. Where's that light from?

The flag waved when it was put up.

For:
    Now let's rip those to shreds:

The radiation IS higher than that on earth, however it is not as high as thought and it would not effect the astronauts much.

The light is obviously from the sun and the reflection of the visor comes from the light given by the sun, much light reflections in glasses or windows on earth.

Since the moon has a much lower gravitational force than earth, the flag will fly because it won't be pulled down as quickly by the moon's gravitational forces.

Of course the moon landings were real. The USA would not make the risk of creating such an uproar at that time. The USSR would've called their bluff and then the USA would've had to do something to make themselves look strong.

It's inconceivable to me as to why anyone would fake the landings, it's so blatant they'd get found out sooner or later, and then a mass uproar would arise.

So, no, they weren't fake. Case closed.

DJ Robbie
    Former Jobs: Events Organiser, News Reporter, HxHD

Tokens

Latest Awards:

A student from my College who was in my English class said she had met an astronaunt, and she wasn't faking that, however, she did say some of the pictures were fake, so in my opinion I think the moon landing could have been real but the pictures of them actually on the moon may not have been.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

People seem to forget that man has set foot on the moon 6 times. Unless all 6 landings were fake the US has landed on the moon. This is a pretty terrible debate, surely you had more than 5 minutes to think of a decent debate that hasn't been done to death.
    +1

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Wig44. View Post
    People seem to forget that man has set foot on the moon 6 times. Unless all 6 landings were fake the US has landed on the moon. This is a pretty terrible debate, surely you had more than 5 minutes to think of a decent debate that hasn't been done to death.
    Hence why he said "in 1969 blah blah blah"

Although I agree withthe bit about the debate lol

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Concorde first flew in 1969, if we can manage supersonic flight, the Tech is there to get us to the moon and back.

The flag 'waves' because between take off from Earth and touchdown on the Moon the flag pole was broken and couldn't be deployed properly (it wasn't tested in space before hand, the astronaughts also found it difficult to deploy with their spacesuits on), hence the 'wave' effect you get on the flag.

The bright light reflecting off the helmet is reflection from the Sun's light bouncing off the moon or a bright light on the lander.

Radiation was not an issue due to the make up of the shuttle and the shuttles trajectory in space
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moon_la...es#Environment
    and
    The command module's inner structure was an aluminum "sandwich" consisting of a welded aluminum inner skin, a thermally bonded honeycomb core, and a thin aluminum "face sheet". The central heat shield consisted of 40 individual panels interspersed with several holes and openings for the reaction control engines and after-compartment equipment access. The central compartment structure consisted of an inner aluminum face sheet with a steel honeycomb core, a glass-phenolic ablative honeycomb heat shield, a layer of q-felt fibrous insulation, a pore seal, a moisture barrier, and a layer of aluminized PET film thermal strips.
    The aft heat shield consisted of four brazed honeycomb panels, four spot-welded sheet metal fairings, and a circumferential ring. The fairing segments were attached to the honeycomb panels and ring with conventional fasteners. The steel honeycomb core and outer face sheets were then thermally bonded to the inner skin in a giant autoclave. The aft heat shield is nearly identical to the central, with the exception of the outer alluminized PET film layer.
    Last edited by Recursion; 17-06-2011 at 01:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippiewill View Post
    e-rebel forum moderator
    :8

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast