HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    iKyran

Latest Awards:

I don't think serious relationships can happen over the internet. Plus there are occurrences where the person you talk to online isn't really who they say they are. Real life relationships have more stability, and opportunities for the relationship to move forward.

Pronounced ky-rin

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I have read many replies to this thread and I agree mainly with both sides.

Firstly, I have dated online a few times and none of them actually worked, one person even lived round the corner from me and he was putting no effort in whatsoever therefore we 'broke up' I know the effort can come mainly from two sides but I always asked to meet him and whenever the day came he was like 'cba,' I would have gone round to his house and ensured he saw me at least once but I wasn't sure which house it was that he lived in. Anyway, I am really glad that it didn't work out as it showed his real colours and showed that he wasn't worth the effort, therefore in that way online relationships doesn't work without effort from both sides.

On the other hand, I am currently in a relationship which began online over seventeen weeks ago, a friend we both knew irl introduced us by allowing his friend to add me on MSN and Facebook, we developed 'feelings' can you say online and then were scheduled to meet but that day came and went because I was extremely busy with personal things. The next week, however, it happened we met for the first time and I think living remotely near each other worked wonders as we are still together today and my first impressions when we first began talking on MSN completely changed as I thought he wasn't work it. Now, we go to his house, mine or to a town nearby 1/2 days a week and I had the nerves to meet him without being shy, which has never happened before so in a way it could have been destined to happen.

Furthermore, agreeing with some I don't think they work when they are over-seas, for a start you may get yourself into all kinds of trouble and when it's over-seas the person may not be as amazing and perfect as first thought, they could easily take advantage of you if you went over to see them alone, they could consider you as vunerable. I feel an over-seas relationship that has always been over-seas could have complications and there will be a lot of financial issues with it.

Moreover, a lot of dating sites make amazing mathces nowadays and they all start as internet relationships, so in some people saying they don't work, are all the internet dating sites a hoax as I'm sure some have worked and more will work in the future.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Climatics

Latest Awards:

It depends, if your never going to meet up with each other then no they wont work, but I think that they could if you met up, but if you dident meet up then there would be no point in dating, wheres it going to get you? e-married :S

Tokens
    Habbo
    Yet

Latest Awards:

/thread

moderator alert Edited by Jordan (Forum Moderator): Please do not pointless post
    Last edited by Jordan; 25-07-2011 at 08:33 PM.
    ofwgktadgaf

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Of course they don't.

moderator alert Edited by Jordan (Forum Moderator): Please do not pointless post
    Last edited by Jordan; 25-07-2011 at 08:33 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Climatics

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Spuds View Post
    Of course they don't.

How can you say that though? If online relationships did not happen, how comes theres online dating sites where people acctualy meet up? think about these things as well

Tokens

Nope i dont see how anyone can be in a relationship whithout spending time with the person in person.
    Last edited by -,jack; 25-07-2011 at 11:31 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by james, View Post
    How can you say that though? If online relationships did not happen, how comes theres online dating sites where people acctualy meet up? think about these things as well
    A relationship needs contact, it needs face to face recognition. A relationship isn't an eleven year old and his imaginary friend saying "ily" on MSN. Dating sites may be a good start for some people however they'll use it to meet local people, not people 200 miles away. Only then may these work as they'll be removing the internet due to the fact that they're local and replacing it with actual contact. Up until the point they meet regularly and remove the internet it's still simply an internet 'thing' which can't be classed as a real relationship and won't work. How can you trust someone you haven't seen or know?

So 'acctualy', that's my trail of thought.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Yupt

Latest Awards:

The thread is for relationships strictly on the internet, so most people (me included) have mentioned real life meet ups.

I've never had a strictly on the internet relationship, so I wouldn't know what it's like. But I have met people from the internet in real life and it does work. personal experience ennitx.x
    Former Competitions Manager

Tokens
    Habbo
    ChloeeBALDWIN

Latest Awards:

I think they work , One of my mates is dating this girl in sweden when he is in the UK.. they skype every now and again, facebook everyday. They have complete contact and they are really cute. But it depends on the people on either side of the computer,
    If this girl/boy you are dating lies about age , looks, location etc.. it wont work because you think you are dating this person when no-one really exists (Just like heather and kevin / ben on eastenders XD)
    It also depends what website you met on, if you met in a bingo chat room or habbo ( 2 random examples )... i'd give it a thumbs down,
    Whereas if its tinychat , or a dating site then there is more chance of the love to be real..
    Because on habbo you have bacons running round "You are cute , lets date , lets go to your house"
    Whereas on a dating site it seems more real... (not saying its 100% real)
    Me personally , I'd stick to real life dating, But thats just me
    ChloeStyles o.o back.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast