HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Cosmic

Latest Awards:

Default Do Internet Relationships Work? (ENDS 31/07/2011)

Can relationships be considered 'real' if they are purely on the internet?

Do you think that they are right or wrong? Based on this, do you have any good/bad examples of internet relationships that you can use to explain your opinions?
    Last edited by Cosmic; 18-07-2011 at 09:14 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Skynus

Latest Awards:

I've not got mega views on this, most people 'online' are so much nicer and cuter e.t.c. then people 'offline'. If the person in the 'cyber-relationship' is happy, I suppose it's their choice.

Tokens
    Habbo
    -Charityy

Latest Awards:

I would say sometimes it could work out, but I think this is rare. I believe most internet relationships won't work out purely because they aren't near each other. That's not to say it can't work out though. It's definitely possible.
    Awesome avatar made by Jurv!

Search xxMATTGxx for the Habbox Help Desk!
    Former News Reporter, Help Desk Manager, DJ, Events Organiser

Tokens

Iv never had a internet relationship, but I cant see how they would work??

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

YES.

There's no such thing as e-dating. You meet someone on the net, yeah, so do THOUSANDS of people each year, that;s what you EXPECT from the digital age.

Sometimes it doesn't work - usually because one (or both) parties are different irl to what they are on the net, or can't see it as a serious relationship. But as you get older, it can work.

It's like asking if people on the net are your friends. If you put the effort in it works.

+2

Tokens
    Habbo
    Biscuitss

Latest Awards:

Don't see anything wrong with them,
    If you just wanna have a laugh with someone without it being too serious, internet dating is a good way for that but if you want a serious relationship out of it, I don't think over the internet is the best place for that.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Absently

Latest Awards:

Weird thing is, I really don't agree with relationships just based on the internet, I think it's pointless and silly.. If you really liked someone that much on the internet you'd try aim towards meeting them and getting to know how they are in person. You can't really be sure on who they really are until you're both face to face and spend quality time on the internet. Although, yeah I know it's not always possible to be with the person in real life. I think they can work if it's not just a relationship on the internet and actually see eachother a few times a month then yeah.

Even though I'm probably so contradicting myself with this since I live with someone I met off here, but we weren't together until we met, and then continued to meet up every second week and (so far!) it's working out really well and I can honestly say no one I've met from where I live has made me this happy. So yeah, they work with effort and if they don't just stay on the internet.
    +1

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Depends on what you mean. Purely internet based relationships rarely work, there needs to be the one moment where you meet the other person to experience who the other person is. In other words, chatting on Skype, MSN, Facebook is all well and good, but there needs to be some sort of physical experience, rather than one that is virtual. Long distant ones, where a physical relationship has been involved can work if both people are committed to the relationship. Afterall, the world is a smaller place now so it's not hard to visit each other once in a while.

I am assuming that "relationship" means communication with someone for more than just friendship. If you mean the general term then yes, internet friendships work - I've made a few friends over the years with people I've met on here and other places.

Tokens

In my opinion, you should only go down that road if you live in the same country. If you're on different sides of the world, you'd have to face the reality that you'll most likely never see each other.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I would never have a purely online relationship myself, but for some people it makes them happy, so to each his own in that way. The only way I would have one is if I met the person in real life and liked them a lot then one of us moved away or something, so it would be more like continuing the relationship the only way possible rather than having a 100% online relationship. That's just me though.
    1. Jeremy 1129 up, 295 downA named based on the biblical name Jeremiah. Used as a name for children who are blessed with a large brain and/or penis. Also used as a replacement for "perfect".
    We had a child and it had a very large penis so we named it Jeremy.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast